CheepHeep

Its all good man haha. Its all fun in the end. Just don't go too off topic to the point the original threads subject is lost.

I didn't realise that id get this many replies lol. I credit vehx xD you sexy fishcake.

• Like 1

Distilled water is harmful- it will drain out all salts from your body by osmosis. Spring water which is clear of toxic substances is another topic.

Heating food by conduction or by radiation has arguably different results on food. Radiation might "bombard" bonds in molecules not meant to be excited, thus leading to molecules humans are not digesting well.

Personally I dislike the taste of sugar alternatives. Also there´s the question how they affect human organism in long term- I believe they are just found and not gone through prolonged studies.

Pointing out juices as healthy alternatives is even worse in my mind than suggesting to drink Coke- most of the lemonades have less sugar\liter than juices;)

Still love to have pizza once in a while. :D

But saying that one has to adjust to the flavourless food when giving up pizzas\burgers? Don´t get it at all- the most flavourless burgers I´ve tried are from Mcdonalds\Hesburger. Firstly local gas stations have wayyyyy better ones. (Harold and Kumar goes to White Castle:P) And secondly fixing myself some home made fried potatoes with meat and salad has more flavours than any of the junk food- one can add pizza mix to the food(healthy herbs out of the nature- oregano etc...) and there are tons of spice mixes which combined with simplest foods "will make one swallow their tongue". Spice(pepper, chilli, curry etc) are also healthy containing minerals etc.

I agree that food addatives are bad but a century ago people just didn´t eat so much\ spent more on food. Nowadays we have food industry- producing food for masses and it´s cheaper than ages ago, but also comes in price from health. People are still poor in a sense that "average joe" can´t afford themselves freshly grown goods without additives- because such organic food spoils quickly and thus has 2-3x the higher price, just like in ol´good times.

For example it´s cheaper to produce smoke flavoured meat with food additives which preserve this exemplary water solution of proteins. Remember bacteria needs solvent high with nutrients(proteins\sugars)- which todays sausages are with advanced tehniques to add water for profit. In the other hand bacteria won´t survive in the "natural smoked ham" because its dried and salty- all natural techniques to restrict bacteria growth but expensive. Can´t add 20% of water on top of 30% of natural water consistency of meat compared to "smoked and dried out" real ham and taking 2x profit per 1kg of meat.

I think it´s enough of this "short" post for now;)

• Like 3

excelent points and thank you .. i agree about distilled water but its stil better than tap water ,,, and yes lemonade i totally agree , as far as sugar substitutes , i agree again , but stevia is also a natural substance like agave ,,, and again .. i agree about gas station burgers lol ,,, but in no way is mc donalds ever a good thing lol ,,,, fruit and fruit juices while yes have more sugar than lemonade , these are natural sugars , with the only issue being undesired calories , but there is a positive trade off with vitamins , i know not a serious amount but still healthy , but overall i totally agree with you =)

I have a water filter because the tap water in Malaysia is not safe to drink. Not filtered enough for consumption. So I mostly drink alkaline water. It has a different taste that takes getting used to but its a lot healthier and beneficial.

• Like 1

excelent points and thank you .. i agree about distilled water but its stil better than tap water ,,, and yes lemonade i totally agree , as far as sugar substitutes , i agree again , but stevia is also a natural substance like agave ,,, and again .. i agree about gas station burgers lol ,,, but in no way is mc donalds ever a good thing lol ,,,, fruit and fruit juices while yes have more sugar than lemonade , these are natural sugars , with the only issue being undesired calories , but there is a positive trade off with vitamins , i know not a serious amount but still healthy , but overall i totally agree with you =)

Hmm thanks for pointing out about juices. I´ve misinterpret the list of nutrients on juice labels. The "pure juice" and nectars both have carbohydrates, including sugars listed, so it´s hard to tell how much sugar is added and how much is natural. But I´m also (now even more) in favor of drinking juice, bc it has also minerals, antioxidants, vitamins etc.

Was brainwashed by this kind of "studies": https://terviseteemal.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/1655928t100h1544.jpg

• 11 months later...

I try (it is my goal) to eat mostly fruits and veggies now, and still I eat meat. Acid and alkaline ash foods are an important balance (humans eat way too many grains and meats), then avoiding synthetics and unnatural products as much as possible. Sugar alcohols are bad for us, if I have to have processed sugar I try to go for cane over corn anytime. I bake a lot ( I am THE cookiemonster), so I just use cane sugar and recommend unbleached products (rice, flour), my girlfriend has celiac so I really only bake gluten-free products too for her sake. usually those recipes are innocent, unless I use baking powder to help get a rise. (The aluminum-based powders have some controversy...) Yeast tries, but sometimes they need help. Prioritize complex carbs over simple!

I did a keto diet of my own design a while ago, mostly eating meat and veggies. I felt awesome but waking up with acetone breath was rough. My thought is if its natural its safer than anything packaged generally. Not full blown paleo diet, just being smarter and trying to eat a more natural diet. Nothing is natural about drive-through food, artificial sugars/sweeteners, margarine (trans fat), and it is upsetting the amount of mercury in saltwater fish.

A while ago I was reading up on distillation making "dead" water whereas filtering didn't. Not sure if it was mumbo jumbo, but I do know that different countries have different water qualities including organic materials. For instance living in North America the rumors are to only use bottled water in countries like Mexico (and to watch out for their water when getting iced drinks), not that the water isnt necessarily safe but they have organisms or contents in their water that they are conditioned to that we are not, and gives people tummy aches until acclimatized. If you use distilled water, you can get mineral tablets to keep healthy... I see them sold mostly for marathon runners, or you can make up your own with magnesium powder and a few others.

I hate the taste of chlorinated water, fluorine can suck it too.

-------

And a sidebar for those of you trying to lose weight: beware of things that say 1/3 less fat or 1/3 less sugar or something similar to that. Often times they will substitute one for the other. It may have 1/3rd the fat but just as many calories because they used MORE sugar, or vice-versa. Also a rough rule of thumb is you will be as big or as small as you eat for. If you want to lose weight you need to create a new PERMANENT habit/way of eating or you will roller-coaster. Example: If you dieted when weighing 200lbs, lost 30lbs, stopped dieting and went back to your old ways you'll end right back up at 200lb.

Ultimately you get calories from only a few things:

Fats: 9 cal per gram  (the densest form of caloric energy)

Alcohols: 7 cal per gram (second densest)

Protein: 4 cal per gram

Carbohydrates: 4 cal per gram

Edited by cookiem0nster
  • Like 1