need some help and don't no what to do

*Kiba*

this is a first for me i never seen this before i can't get a screen shot of it but it says

Error

CL_parsepacketentities:end of message

i have really really bad lag then it fine with little red spicks on my lag meanter sorry about the bad spelling then i get kick with that sometime it something different it piss me off

this is a new pc had it for like aaaa 3 or 4 months now

it windowns 7

500 GB HardDrive

3GB Of Ram

radeon 5sesers

This indicates a packet did not come through as expected, if you are trying to play the game on your own server, it may be something with your system outside of the network device, but for now lets assume its correct.

1. Upgrade the drivers

2. If you are doing this hooked up to an ACTUAL network, check the cables, etc.. can you transmit files and such?

3. Try disebeling the firewall all togather to test it, it may be blocking the port the game uses. Try setting it to allow all netowrk traffic for a minute, if that doesn't fix it, then use CTRL+ALT+DEL and make sure to end task the firewall, if it still does not work, you've ruled out the firewall.

4. Spyware, notorious for screwing with TCP/IP multiplayer games. There are several spyware apps out there, but I suggest adaware from lavasoft, avaiable here www.lavasoftusa.com

Different solution:

Connecting Error Messages -

CL_ParsePacketEntity: end of message

configstrings > MAX_CONFIGSTRING

CL_ParseGamestate: bad command byte

Nicked (and edited) the response by Rain:

I get disconnected upon joining servers with the error message "CL_ParsePacketEntity: end of message". Any ideas of how to fix this?

Open console and type in:

/reconnect

ET has a bit of a bug that can cause the client to attempt to send commands to the server before the connection is setup; the net result of this bug is that the initial data the server sends will be decrypted properly. The incorrectly decrypted data will still be interpreted, and will result in messages like 'configstrings > MAX_CONFIGSTRING', 'CL_ParsePacketEntities: end of message', or 'CL_ParseGamestate: bad command byte'.

You can mitigate the problem by making a conscious effort to avoid pressing any keys or mouse buttons (including the wheel) that result in commands being sent to the server (e.g. weapnext, weapprev) between the 'Awaiting challenge...' message and the actual level-loading screen.

• Like 2

i am pettier sure my drivers are up to date and i have cable and yes i can and i don't think it my firewall i never had this problem before on this pc or my old one and as for spyware i have north

no i don't think so i have a back up of the game on a cd so i don't haft to go download the game off the net and just to be sure how do i look and see if my drivers are update

ps would uninstalling the game and reinstalling it fix this problem ?

Yes, completly deleting the folder will fix the problem, erase the entire ETfolder. You might be able to save your ETkey and that way you dont loose your levels for xp, but you will lose your CFG's and Maps saved in that folder. I suggjest not keeping anything but your ETkey

okay i think i well do that then pain in the ass downloading all the maps again but if it fixes my problem it better then trying all this stuff out

nope it did not fix my problem and now my etkey not working -.- i really starting to get stress out

i bbl if anyone as has anymore helpful info it would help i check it later going to lay down

I notice when you post demos they are 2.55 dm_82 which means you're running 2.55 only, update your whole ET game, it will help you game run alot better.

Use This: Wolfenstein ET 2.55-2.6b Full Setup

*Don't forget to make a copy of your ETkey before running this program.

okay i think i well do that then pain in the ass downloading all the maps again but if it fixes my problem it better then trying all this stuff out

Just save all your maps into a folder( place on desktop when doing new installation) after all updated put the maps folder back into your ETmain and you will be all set.

• Like 1