What makes a good fragger ?

Alphaloki

K/D ratio can be a poor interpretation as different methods of killing can increase kd at different rates. For example, stabbing some to death will increase your kdr a lot more than kill by smg. So KD can be a poor representation.

To detect a good fragger, you have to spectate them individually and look for key pointers in their game play.

1. Their movements will be fluid like. Very smooth and precise.

2. Their reflex and responses to their surroundings will be swift and accurate.

3. Their cross-hair is maintained at a certain level and doesn't spiral all over the place which shows good control. For me, cross-hair should be just below head level. That way if you get hit, the recoil won't cause your aim to go too high and if they crouch you can catch their head hitboxes a lot easier.

4. You will notice that an experienced player will place their cross-hair at a wall when turning a corner as if tracking a person behind the wall. This way, they are instantly ready for combat when they turn the corner or if someone pops up from behind the wall.

5. Pre-firing. This increases the chances of you getting the first shot off gaining a big advantage and often causing you to win the fight.

6. A lot of different use of movement. Crouching, strafing. Aim to be unpredictable.

7. Uses the environment to their advantage. Hide behind boxes to reset their aim etc.

These are a few criteria that make a good fragger in my opinion. It's what I try to implement in my gameplay.

Note : A good gaming setup doesn't guarantee good skills but it does make a difference. In the end, its your passion and practice that makes a good player/fragger.

• Like 6

Yep, money can't buy fragging skills. Only experience, good reflexes and proper aiming. A good equipment will help but only a little.

I have noticed there are (at least) two kinds of fraggers :

-Those who keep moving all the time, very nervous, very fast and aggressive, with many close encounter frags.

-Those who move and stop, then crouch and aim for your head from a distance.

Of course both styles can be combined but I've noticed fraggers often belong to one of these two categories.

• Like 1

Some players are just amazing with Their headshot aiming.  Popular gameservers attract the best players around.

Self-healing Rambo Medics can back off and restore Their health, It's a skill.

Fast Internet really helps keep you alive because You've moved  before Enemies can shoot back.

Anti-lag server setting really helps Players with slow net, But only so much.

Lowering pitch and yaw mouse settings can keep aim nearer the center or level, But makes large mouse moves harder.

My first Clan's Leader: KRUX's aim used to whip around wildly!  He still somehow pulled off amazing shots.

I tried a Logitech gaming mouse for awhile, It was so huge that it was hard to handle.

I used a rubber mousepad, It was too sticky for mouse to move smoothly.

So, It's a combination of things that make good frags: Skill, Style of playing, hardware and settings.

• Like 4

medic class is a good way to make a good frag... 156 hp is awesome, but i think its more pratice than equipments, It can be worst of them, but if you are used to it, nothing matter to you, just shoot in the heads of enemies

What makes a good fragger?

Having a good knowledge of the game's mechanics and the maps. Knowing that you can adapt your gamestyle during different situations, you can predict and be prepared to the potencial threats coming.

Crosshair placement is crucial aswell, always put your crosshair on the enemies head, crouching will give you a better accuracy aswell.

When you aim around a corner, don't put your crosshair too close to the wall, running enemies use to peak wild around the wall, which means that when you are ready, you can shoot enemies faster.

Random advices though, I'm not good at the game :P

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

Having a good knowledge of the game's mechanics and the maps. Knowing that you can adapt your gamestyle during different situations, you can predict and be prepared to the potencial threats coming.

Crosshair placement is crucial aswell, always put your crosshair on the enemies head, crouching will give you a better accuracy aswell.

When you aim around a corner, don't put your crosshair too close to the wall, running enemies use to peak wild around the wall, which means that when you are ready, you can shoot enemies faster.

This! Just about what I was thinking while reading the other responses

A proper warping net like urs as well to top it off haha :D

As mighty eujen would say, practice, practice, practice.

On a serious note, u need experience to start with, good knowledge of the map is the basics of being a decent fragger, then a proper gamesense,knowing where to camp, where to push, where to hide and so on, having that will increase ur score by 50% already without even having a great aim, even tho that's probably the core stuffs among qualifications of a great fragger. Other than that, having a good PC is a plus, while great headphone set is a must, preferences to their own liking for the mouse and keyboard. Rest is just practice.

Edited by Aniky
  • Like 2

Liar you pro haxor. I've seen you play okay. XD hax.