ET Map Voting/Exclusions

Roboes

Minimum map age  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Change minimum time elapsed for a map to be eligible for voting to 10?

• Keep on 7 maps
    • Change to 10

Hi everyone,

I've been playing on silent1 and hardcore for a while and the recurring issue I see is the same maps overplayed despite having many to choose from. I understand it's a matter of voting, but there are other maps that are fun when played once in a while. I have a suggestion to allow this to ocur more often.

If a map has been played say 10 maps ago or less, then it should be excluded from voting until it hasn't been played for over 10 maps ago. I chose 10, but im sure there is an ideal number, somewhere between 7-15 maps ago? I guess the number depends upon the number of overplayed maps, adler, italy, supply, special delivery, etc... I recently played on Hardcore and we played "Decay" , maybe 10 v 10 and it was a decent change and fun, a breath of fresh air! Players just need to play some other maps, get familiar with them and theyll expand their list of favorite maps. These servers are becoming so one dimensional, some change would help. Even a so-so map played once every 30 maps can be a fun change instead of maps played every 5 maps. Dubrovnik, secret weapon, School, Decay, Breakout, all decent maps, almost never played. Mayb e implement the change on Hardcore, ppl seem a little more open there and see how it goes.

Any suggestions feedback would help. 

Roboes

Edited by Platonic
poll

Hi everyone,

I've been playing on silent1 and hardcore for a while and the recurring issue I see is the same maps overplayed despite having many to choose from. I understand it's a matter of voting, but there are other maps that are fun when played once in a while. I have a suggestion to allow this to ocur more often.

If a map has been played say 10 maps ago or less, then it should be excluded from voting until it hasn't been played for over 10 maps ago. I chose 10, but im sure there is an ideal number, somewhere between 7-15 maps ago? I guess the number depends upon the number of overplayed maps, adler, italy, supply, special delivery, etc... I recently played on Hardcore and we played "Decay" , maybe 10 v 10 and it was a decent change and fun, a breath of fresh air! Players just need to play some other maps, get familiar with them and theyll expand their list of favorite maps. These servers are becoming so one dimensional, some change would help. Even a so-so map played once every 30 maps can be a fun change instead of maps played every 5 maps. Dubrovnik, secret weapon, School, Decay, Breakout, all decent maps, almost never played. Mayb e implement the change on Hardcore, ppl seem a little more open there and see how it goes.

Any suggestions feedback would help. 

Roboes

hello, I too have noticed that the maps are always the same, and if others could in fact I have three proposals for jaymod server

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/85369-you-can-add-maps-on-the-servers/

Edited by JirenTV

They re voted over and over again with a reason, votes re completely democratic and every player decides per own will which map they wish to play, reason everyone can select three different maps in point order. If u see that the same maps are being played over and over it's because majority of those players in that specific server prefers to play it, else they wouldnt voted it for a reason. U can add 100 different maps, but it will come down to the voting again and u won't really do much of a change, the only thing as u said could be, to add a longer duration before the map is again in the map voting list, which was already done before.

• Like 1

At the moment, I think maps reappear in the voting list after 7 following maps. I agree to change this to 9-10. Like roboes said. I need to breathhhhhhh. I think a lot of HC regs would appreciate it.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Point is, when people want to be creative and vote an unpopular map, they will. However, when people are gorced to vote unpopular maps because all the maps they find fun have been played, then the server will get empty

Point is, when people want to be creative and vote an unpopular map, they will. However, when people are gorced to vote unpopular maps because all the maps they find fun have been played, then the server will get empty

A map only gets popular if played. You don't know what you wont enjoy if you don't try. I think the regs will like it. We just stick to the same old maps because we don't want to risk choosing a map that might be boring. So we refrain from choosing. We could be missing out. We force their hands and make them experience a fee different maps and voila, we get some more popular maps.

A map only gets popular if played. You don't know what you wont enjoy if you don't try. I think the regs will like it. We just stick to the same old maps because we don't want to risk choosing a map that might be boring. So we refrain from choosing. We could be missing out. We force their hands and make them experience a fee different maps and voila, we get some more popular maps.

in my opinion it would be appropriate +, a cycle maps, which changes every week, to avoid boredom of playing always the same

I think a new map should be added every 2 -3 weeks and there should be a trial on the map meaning after you play 7 maps then this one kicks in automatically to test if people like it or not and based on the response it should be added to the lineup or deleted.

• Like 4

I think a new map should be added every 2 -3 weeks and there should be a trial on the map meaning after you play 7 maps then this one kicks in automatically to test if people like it or not and based on the response it should be added to the lineup or deleted.

Good idea. Although I would assume a week up to two maximum would be enough to draw a conclusion as to whether to keep the map or not.

im for that, people are unwilling to break habit and are reluctant to vote a diff map from the norms. we've played off beat maps on HC and we had some fun. Players just need to be exposed to some diff maps

also, i have noticed that maps can be voted and played even if they were played less than 10 maps ago. players are left saying, supply AGAIN?... example. gets a little boring, increase the number of maps in betweeen

We just stick to the same old maps because we don't want to risk choosing a map that might be boring.

It's a pity. There is a long list of great maps that I've never seen being played.

I'd say the problem is in both sides. Server admins like to add maps that most players already know and when there is no players around have bots running in those (there is a lot of maps that don't have anykind of bot files(.waypoints, etc.)) so their servers seem to be "more popular" and I get it, no one enjoy to just run around in an empty server waiting other players to join in (I do). Also they are too afraid to try something new, same as most of the players. It's easier (and for some, more fun) to play same maps again and again (when you probably know them better than your own pockets) than try to learn and experience something new.

• Like 2

In my time I played at night on an American server mode ETMAIN 60 players full server, only a map "MarketGarden" huge beautiful map but complex with many stations as campers, and many alternatives to the main, in order to reach the objective final, 

perhaps you could try to insert it on your server

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/1610-marketgarden/

Edited by JirenTV