Dell Inspiron 14 trouble

shellshock

have you tried to take one memory out?

what you can try is to open up the back where the memory is. If you have two memory bars in there:

take one out and try it with the other one.

if that causes the same issues switch them and try it with the other one.

if one of the bars work, it is the one in your hand that has an issue.

What OS is this, if anything boot to safe mode and run ~ msconfig and click run diagnostic startup will only enable services made for the system. More then likely have a boot sector issue from a installation with bad settings on startup. Or malware .

If your savvy enough and have another system to work with, create a bootable usb drive with some virus/malware detection/removal tools on it as well as some hardware diagnostic tools. Boot to that thumb drive and use the tools to test your system. I would suggest you look at EasyToBoot. Simple setup and a large variety of OS images you can put on the thumb drive in order to determine what is going wrong.

Also has the added bonus that if you can boot to the thumb drive, you have narrowed down the problem. B) 

Happened to deal with this twice on laptops of some friends.

Usually it is a corrupted boot partition which is the cause of this.

I highly recommend ya to check this webpage: https://neosmart.net/wiki/startup-repair-infinite-loop/

to help you out.

I feel your pain man. You best option might be to buy a used laptop. Craiglist has some pretty good deals, if you can find them.

I don't have any money. That's one of my biggest problems

• Like 1

There's little information about what OS this is . With little info little help can only tell you to boot to dos by pressing the key that opens the menu to safe mode f8 normally. And run sfc/scannow or chkdsk from there when it boots to safe mode with command prompt just type cd \ and type sfc/scannow or chkdsk if this is windows 10 there is no techbech download link anymore for dism but you can check the image if it's corrupt by typing DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth or DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth . There's so much information to repair a system image but don't know what your working on hope that helps.

• Like 1