Inquiry about proofcollecting

Flible

Hi.

I met a player who was sitting on top of a Browning .50 cal (tank mg), right in front of several covert ops smoke grenades, in Silent mod.

As I came through the door on the other side I instantly got mown down. I know shooting gives away your position even through smoke, but I only just exited and had not shot at all.

I played a game in the past where a certain cheat would allow you to see the names of enemies above their heads so that you could target them through smoke. This makes me wonder if that is the case here.

When I asked the player about it, he said "prediction", but that contains 0 plausibility for me; Even if he kept track of enemy spawn times flawlessly, the time at which I exited the building would vary on my walking speed and ability (or lack of) to gammajump through the corridors to gain speed.

Is there a cheat or a hack to see through smokescreens in Enemy Territory? And if so, one could one proof one's use of this hack?

If that's the case, that's probably just a wallhack then, or an aimlock.

There is also a cheat called Rivaturner which removes leaves, grass and smokes aswell but it's detected by every anticheats I think

• Like 3

Wallhacks... Chams... aimbot.. all can be used to detect enemy through smoke.  And yes, they can easily be proven. You just need to submit a demo for viewing. :3 We have a few players around here that are good at catching such things. ^.^  Make sure demos are long though... so we can compare weird parts to rest of normal play. It helps in deciding if a player just got really lucky or if he is tracking players movement. :)

• Like 2

yes can very well be a cheat

please if you can do as raven said and post a demo next time

and our highly train monkeys will have a look :)

Edited by D..X
  • Like 3

Yeah post a demo. Very difficult to say. You'd be surprised at the response time or reflex of certain individuals. I know when I'm on the zone, I can instantly place my crosshair on the enemy the second I see them and I really mean a second. If not less. The player that shoots you. Does he have a reputation or being skilled? If that's the case, I'd probably just think its the practice that's made him have incredible response times. Of course, spectate him to ease your mind. Then again, if he's noob, something may be up....

Most probable reason is because you're noob.

Ps jk :P <3

• Like 3

If that's the case, that's probably just a wallhack then, or an aimlock.

There is also a cheat called Rivaturner which removes leaves, grass and smokes aswell but it's detected by every anticheats I think

Uhh isn't this possible just by setting the propper commands on the autoexec???

I play Etpro without grass and smokes and never got banned for it.

for example r_drawfoliage 0 removes grass, which in maps like radar is really usefull.

• Like 3

Smoke can be reduced quite a bit with the correct combination of cvars and is quite commonly used, knowingly or not.  I can't remember the exact settings but it has to do with colorbits/depthbits/etc.  

• Like 1

Ah, ok. I did try to run a demo, but obviously camping in front of a smoke grenade only happens so often in enemy territory.

@Cheep; Nope, not reknowned for his excellence in marksmanship :P. It is not a matter of reflexes. There were 0 indications of my (or allies') presence; we were out of distance for any soundplay and the smoke was spot on for him to see anything in our direction.

I'll run demo's when I see him play but I don't feel very confident I'll be able to catch such a cheat on demo :/

Regards

Flible the Hatcollector.

• Platinum VIP

Hi.

I met a player who was sitting on top of a Browning .50 cal (tank mg), right in front of several covert ops smoke grenades, in Silent mod.

As I came through the door on the other side I instantly got mown down. I know shooting gives away your position even through smoke, but I only just exited and had not shot at all.

I played a game in the past where a certain cheat would allow you to see the names of enemies above their heads so that you could target them through smoke. This makes me wonder if that is the case here.

When I asked the player about it, he said "prediction", but that contains 0 plausibility for me; Even if he kept track of enemy spawn times flawlessly, the time at which I exited the building would vary on my walking speed and ability (or lack of) to gammajump through the corridors to gain speed.

Is there a cheat or a hack to see through smokescreens in Enemy Territory? And if so, one could one proof one's use of this hack?

The name of the hack that shows names is WinX64.

It was big about 8-10 years ago. I didn't think it was still around. It was actually a pretty detailed Hack. Had a lot of options and settings for Aimbot, WH, including aimbots for mortar, panzer, had cams, could change player colors to red and blue and had a PB block using IP changer.

When I Was in sM Clan, Apple showed me vids of people using it so I could watch for it once I became server admin. Pretty impressive but I think totally outdated now

I'm no expert on hacks, but to my knowledge, that's the only one that could show players names above their heads as it looks in Shoutcaster

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 2

Smoke can be reduced quite a bit with the correct combination of cvars and is quite commonly used, knowingly or not.  I can't remember the exact settings but it has to do with colorbits/depthbits/etc.  

Thats true, but removing entire trace of smoke can only be done via rivatuner which isnt allowed. Other than that, none of the existing etpro cmds are going to remove entirely smoke from the screen.

Ah, ok. I did try to run a demo, but obviously camping in front of a smoke grenade only happens so often in enemy territory.

@Cheep; Nope, not reknowned for his excellence in marksmanship :P. It is not a matter of reflexes. There were 0 indications of my (or allies') presence; we were out of distance for any soundplay and the smoke was spot on for him to see anything in our direction.

I'll run demo's when I see him play but I don't feel very confident I'll be able to catch such a cheat on demo :/

Regards

Flible the Hatcollector.

It could probably just be a random hit, spraying bullets and then react by the hitsounds, it really not so hard to do it even if the visibility thro smoke is zero.

Edited by Aniky
  • Like 1

Thats true, but removing entire trace of smoke can only be done via rivatuner which isnt allowed. Other than that, none of the existing etpro cmds are going to remove entirely smoke from the screen.

It could probably just be a random hit, spraying bullets and then react by the hitsounds, it really not so hard to do it even if the visibility thro smoke is zero.

Nope, he only just started shooting and consecutive hits instantly.

obj\spawnshield are visible through smoke...

Spawnshield was off (considering his first shot was a hit, and the spawnpoint to building exit is a good 7 or 8 seconds awayand I did not have any objective yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive seen people point mg etc at a door even when smoke is there and just randomly shoot sporadically to maybe get a hit and get kills that way. To the person who comes out just as they do it it may look odd, but in this case would require no skill or cheat.