Suggestion to prohibit spawnkilling on servers during game

JuZu

Hi all i have a suggestion to make.

Recently when i have been online i have witnessed players spawnkillin on maps where i think its inappropiate and doesnt give you any advantage. So I'm suggesting that we should prohibit on maps where its not used to get opposing teams spawn, like in maps Gold Rush etc. 

with that we could offer every player nicer gaming experience, and help them to spawn and probly to even get out off spawn without getting killed many times before it. As ive seen normally people SK in there with Flamethrower and Nades, mortars. With that action they prevent opposing team spawning well and gaining any chance to make to differ for games outcome.

I did talk to F|A members in that situation when i got pissed after 7th time i died on spawn, and was told to come here suggest that.

In old clans i was <COBRA> and JBC| SK was restricted to only those maps where u could gain that way spawn to yourself, and in those servers it worked out well. So if you could consider atleast testing my suggestion, I would like it. then we could atleast see if it evens up game results.

those are my 2 cents, thx for reading this

Sincerely JuZu

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with a little spawnkilling sometimes. Plus it keeps the spawnkillers busy while you can rush top the objective. I've done it many times when the other team was spawnkilling my team. Usually they don't guard the objective anymore.

• Like 1

Suggestions are always welcome I quess, so thank you for that.

Now about sk, I used to be a leader in a clan that has very strict rule about sk...in a (not so) long run ppl get fed of it, because for admins it is constant spec/play game and that is not a real gaming. It is more of a watching really as ppl tend to bend the rules or whine it wasn't sk... It only leads to pissed off ppl and some gets banned sooner, not later, then others follow, soon server is dead or has just bad reputation.

You really cant have separate rules for a certain maps, because ppl do not come to read the forums about the rules. Same rules for all and they eventually should learn.

Just my 2 cents for the experience about this from several years :(

• Like 4

Thank you for posting up the ideas.

As Rendel I come from a server with SK not allowed rule also and in the end I realised that it´s not so much about the SK rule but team balance.

If the teams are balanced then there´s really hard for opposing team to sk, also the spawn shield is long enough to make a break out of spawn. So if the team gets constantly spawn killed, then the teams should be balanced. Maybe the current map is over already and shuffle wouldn´t make any sense, but next map the admins should review teams definitely.

Also when enemy rushes in the spawn then the smartest move is rush out of spawn and gain some distance from flamer and then mow it down. If everybody stay in team and start shooting- loosing spawn shield with shooting- then it´s a easy multi kill for flamer.

• Like 3

Suggestions are always welcome I quess, so thank you for that.

Now about sk, I used to be a leader in a clan that has very strict rule about sk...in a (not so) long run ppl get fed of it, because for admins it is constant spec/play game and that is not a real gaming. It is more of a watching really as ppl tend to bend the rules or whine it wasn't sk... It only leads to pissed off ppl and some gets banned sooner, not later, then others follow, soon server is dead or has just bad reputation.

You really cant have separate rules for a certain maps, because ppl do not come to read the forums about the rules. Same rules for all and they eventually should learn.

Just my 2 cents for the experience about this from several years :(

Spot on, RendeL!

Rules like "No Spawn Kill" do nothing but kill servers. In my old clan, it was a big part of a server's demise (I feel).

I play a ton on F|A Hardcore, where there is no such rule against SK. It's never a problem. I'd prefer that Admins spend their time keeping an eye out for cheating douchebags, rather than administering pointless rules.

• Like 3

• Platinum VIP

I get his point. Particularly on G-Rush. Axis gets slammed by spawnkillers form above, mortars and it just gets aggravating. No objective to rush if you're on defense, but it's part of the game. Grin and bear it for 20 minutes out of your day or move to Jay 2, etc I guess

Well seeems that my suggestion doesnt get approvall, nor positive feedback. Thx for all of yours 2 cents. Appreciate it, good to have conversation so maybe in future admins and regulars will have more open eyes on that and teams be more balanced. For me its what ever if i win or lose as long as teams are balanced, and also players including me who are not as good, would get fair chance to improve and learn. To get better players.

Regards JuZu

• Like 1

I get his point. Particularly on G-Rush. Axis gets slammed by spawnkillers form above, mortars and it just gets aggravating. No objective to rush if you're on defense, but it's part of the game. Grin and bear it for 20 minutes out of your day or move to Jay 2, etc I guess

True ! But then again axis have three different exits from the spawn so if they hear arty next to the first exit they can leave through the second or third one.

• Like 2