Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017

SinfulRaevyn

Yaaaaaay! Tonight is the night! Nintendo will unveil the new Switch and showcase all the important info! I think preorder info too  And tomorrow I think they are having another presentation for the games lineup!

Program starts at 11pm est (3 hours from now).

• Like 3

$300 or under and either a 3D Mario game or Zelda: BOTW at launch and I'm in.

I'm not too hung up on the portable aspect of it since I'll be playing it on a TV 95% of the time.

And I'm also being realistic about the graphics. Nintendo hasn't been in the business of releasing cutting-edge technology for the last 10 years so I don't think they're gonna suddenly start doing that again now.

I have a PS4 and a gaming quality PC, so I'd be buying this strictly for Nintendo games. I have the other systems for 3rd party stuff.

• Like 1

I'm in the same frame of mind. :3

Nintendo has not been very cutting edge graphics wise.. but their games have always been extremely fun! Nintendo console exclusives are the only reason to buy their consoles.. <_<  I don't have a PS4, but I bogart Siddy's for now. :P So my serious gaming fix is always sated for console stuff. ^.^ I am personally looking forward to breath of the wild... Open world zelda game... so yay! I will also make good use of the portable thing... I travel more recently and have a N3ds to keep me occupied... but if this system is as good or better.. I'm putting it on the shelf!

• Like 1

Welp, $300 and Zelda at launch. I'm in.

And as a lifelong Mario fan, that Mario Odyssey trailer blew my f***ing face off. Can't pre-order fast enough.

They're some other interesting shit in that montage that just basically glossed over. A new/port of Mario Kart with battle mode, etc.

• Like 1

I cried. A little. <_<

I have not been this excited for new Nintendo stuff since I was a kid... N64 was my last omgomgomgomgIwantitIwantitIwantit  feeling... been so numb to gaming since then. Even sid said "holy shit" like 100 times... xD New mario looks super amazing. So happy they went back to 64 and sunshine style! Zelda took my breath away when I saw the release date... I so hope Nintendo doesn't mess up the quantity of the systems... I want to preorder so bad. My oooooonly problem... battery is 2.5 to 6hours long... ugh. They need to fix that. I don't want to buy a Switch XL when ts inevitably made. :P

• Like 1

Yea I lol'd at "2.5 to 6 hours". That's like a huge gap. I also like how they didn't even show Mario Kart at the conference and just released the trailer on YouTube. A lot of games with no release in sight. Zelda is the only thing at launch worth getting it seems. Those motion control games look like junk.

However, I already pre-ordered on both Walmart and BestBuy. :ph34r:

Supposedly Amazon pre-order going up in 10 minutes, which is what I really want to order through.

I will not be denied lol

Tree House Live! (Not live anymore)  Video is around 6 hours long... but it showcases some of the new titles :3

UPDATED Time stamps!:

29:58 - Livestream Start
44:11 - ARMS
1:27:59 - Nintendo Switch Unboxed
1:43:41 - Reggie Reveals The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Collector's Sets
1:53:38 - Splatoon 2
2:14:06 - Super Bomberman R
2:39:18 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3:15:53 - Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
3:40:16 - Fire Emblem Warriors
3:44:48 - SnipperClips
4:02:47 - Has-Been Heroes
4:23:16 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4:53:43 - Super Mario Odyssey
5:18:52 - 1-2 Switch

:3  I also went shopping today... Was up at dawn... waiting in line to preorder the switch!

I went for the colored one :D

16112964_1367978749940487_77950731343176
Also preordered breath of the wild... master edition! Pricey in Canada... :( They said I got the last one... so fingers are crossed until release day..

16105798_1367978746607154_45499394047688

And just for fun... I got a couple toys ^.^  Cute Funko Pop! Jill Valentine... and an adorable Nendoroid Majora's Mask Link! :3 ^_^

16114279_1367978759940486_6958845189584716112948_1367978783273817_11106897198118
  • Like 2

The next Zelda sure looks nice! This kind of game can be a reason alone to buy a console. Just a shame they we might never see again a Zelda with cutting edge graphic anytime soon. (The last one was Twilight Princess on Gamecube in 2005/2006 if i recall, all the other ones couldn't make the difference really as their console wasn't on par with the others from Microsoft or Sony. :/)

I know that Zelda isn't just graphics, (if that was the case,in another register,  i wouldn't play ET anymore if i was interrested only in graphics), but just imagine... a Zelda with graphic quality which could be on par with The Witcher 3 for example? That would be just awesome.

The next Zelda sure looks nice! This kind of game can be a reason alone to buy a console. Just a shame they we might never see again a Zelda with cutting edge graphic anytime soon. (The last one was Twilight Princess on Gamecube in 2005/2006 if i recall, all the other ones couldn't make the difference really as their console wasn't on par with the others from Microsoft or Sony. :/)

I know that Zelda isn't just graphics, (if that was the case,in another register,  i wouldn't play ET anymore if i was interrested only in graphics), but just imagine... a Zelda with graphic quality which could be on par with The Witcher 3 for example? That would be just awesome.

I don't know. Part of the charm is the cartoon style and light humor. Twilight Princess is the only entry in the series that went a little more on the serious realism side and it's probably the only LoZ game I have trouble getting into. Not a fan of the movement animations, and some of the combat feels a bit more stiff compared to other games. Although, gameplay-wise (dungeons/exploration) and story-wise, it's pretty good.

As for the Switch, I refuse to buy until I see reviews. System looks good on paper. Has some great games coming, but two things still bug me.

1: Battery life is f***ing horrible. 2 and a half to 6 hours is a joke for a system like this. I understand there are still limitations to mobile gaming, but 2.5 hours isn't very long if they're advertising this as a traveling system. You'll spend more time plugged in than not.

2: Gimmicky, just like the Wii/WiiU. They're still trying to push motion controls and weird add on features. I saw them playing that stupid 1,2 Switch and I cringed pretty damn hard. Maybe it's good for kids, but the core audience doesn't care for shit like this. 

Thankfully I live with a dumb ass and will get to do a little beta testing. Jelly of that Master Edition LoZ though. That is the tits.

Finally got my Amazon pre-order in.

The system is definitely not without it's problems. Not happy about Nintendo going with a paid online service. I already pay for Sony's, not interested in another one.

The prices on their accessories are ridiculous. $80 for a controller? $90 for an extra dock? As the system is $300 total and comes included with those things, I guess that makes the console worth about $100 by itself lol

If you're not interested in Zelda, the launch lineup is complete ass. Those motion control games should be pack-ins with the system. Not only are they not pack-ins, but they're full price games! Get out of here with that shit. The original Wii worked so well because Wii Sports came with the system. Everyone got to see what it was about immediately. No one is gonna want to drop $60 on those turds.

That being said, I like the portability and I like the price. The system does have a better first year lineup than Wii U did. Wii U had a 2D Mario game at launch and then basically nothing else for an entire year. Switch will have Zelda, Mario Kart, Xenoblade and a new 3D Mario all within the first 9 months.

All in all it's enough to make this guy who had owned every Nintendo system since the NES want to get this. Really, it was mostly that Mario Odyssey trailer that put me over the edge. Without that I don't know if I'd be pre-ordering.