Need help Insurgency stopped working

Mr.Karizmatic

Ok i did this really stupid shit. 

When i format my pc with win10(64bit) my fps was really low under 10. Before on win7(32bit) it was between 25-35.

So i went online and searched some stuff and found this topic http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1341532 and followed it and boom it f***ed the game and whenever i open insurgency from steam or direct it just crashes and says "Insurgency.exe stopped working" 

really really need help.

i have updated all the drivers.

1111_zpsa9cjslhk.png

Have you tried updating the local steam files?

i have redownloaded and reinstalled the whole game. And verified it like 10times.

Verify in your user folder there may be trace and customs of the game like config etc that are made to be user base. Also try to disable the auto sync config with steam sicne if you uplaod crap config and reload them every time you log in.

1 ) Disable file sync with steam.

2) try to find a folder of steam outside your main steam install and clear insurgency file.

3) Redownload if needed.

If you have nvidia try to use the "optimal setting" in gForce experience to see if that fixes your config file

Keep me posted i'll try to help you more if it doesn't work.

Edited by YamaelSlash
  • Like 1

Btw not sure why throtling would break the game but if you change a setting in registry, you can try a restore if there is a recent one (would not do this personnaly before being hopeless)

Try to set back the setting. From what I understand in that thread default value is 10 or "a" in Hex

That error is worthless to know. It only means the error wasn't catch properly either by the game or the driver and it reached Windows in the bubble up.

BUT if you are lucky enuff you should have a log entry in your Windows log that should detail it, It would be usefull to see.

Edited by YamaelSlash
  • Like 1

Thx for the help both of u.

Well first and main reason nvr f*** around with settings, i learned the hard way.

Well my pc helped me lol. It did a windows update for like 30min and it solved all the shit now i can play insurgency.

• Like 1

• Leader

Uh, it only applied to Vista and Win7.  The Microsoft link on that page are now dead, so I suspect that they changed that OS situation.

If you ever "mess" with the Registry, you should save a written copy or SS of the original values that you will change.  It is best to export them to a file and then you can restore them later.  There are methods to backup and restore the whole Registry, too.

It is interesting that Windows Update fixed the problem.  I wonder if they updated a related issue or does Update scan the registry, too?   :D

Who needs to read or watch Mysteries, when we have computers?  

• Like 1

My registry key in win10 pro has an "a" in it (decimal 10).  0x0000000a, or somesuch :)

yep for me also it was a but when i screwed it up and then again tried to put a back. it just didnt reseted it . 

• Leader

yep for me also it was a but when i screwed it up and then again tried to put a back. it just didnt reseted it . 

That is interesting.  The value should have been saved when you closed Regedit.  Then you would probably have to reboot.

I wonder if something that depended on that value got changed, too. 

It is all very interesting, isn't it?  

That is interesting.  The value should have been saved when you closed Regedit.  Then you would probably have to reboot.

I wonder if something that depended on that value got changed, too. 

It is all very interesting, isn't it?  

way too much. Normally when we change stuff and then put back the value which was default it gets normal. But this didnt which really pissed me off. thats why neverrrrrrrrrrr do it.