WikiLeaks vows to ‘blow you away’ in 2017 ‘showdown

DFighter

WikiLeaks has promised 2017 will be an even bigger year for leaks than 2016, which saw the whistleblowing site publish thousands of documents exposing US political secrets, covert trade deals and private communications from global leaders.
“If you thought 2016 was a big WikiLeaks year, 2017 will blow you away,” WikiLeaks tweeted on Monday, giving no hints as to what may be in store.

The tweet also included a link to its website’s donation page so people can help the site “prepare for the showdown.”

t proved a very busy 2016 for the whistleblowing site, as it delivered a massive trove of documents over the 12-month period.

This included more than 50,000 emails from Hillary Clinton’s campaign chair JohnPodesta and more than 27,000 emails from the Democratic National Committee, which confirmed the DNC worked against Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders, favoring Clinton.

More US State Department cables were released, as well as documents which gave an insight into the US arming of Yemen. Text from the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) and Trade in Services Agreement (TiSA) was also revealed.

The emails relating to the US election rocked the Democratic establishment and delivered a blow to the Clinton campaign in the lead-up to the November election.
WikiLeaks also confirmed that founder Julian Assange will take part in a Reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA) on Thursday at 14:00 GMT (9am EST). The tweet announcing the AMA contained the hashtag ‘proofoflife’, presumably referencing concerns raised by some for the WikiLeaks editor’s wellbeing.

Source + tweets: https://www.rt.com/news/372550-wikileaks-2017-showdown-leaks/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

But why? Governments have secret, big deal, why the hell would you unveil private discussions between political leaders? Those "freedom fighters" are reinforcing paranoia among the weakest minds. Some information can't be handled properly by everyone, lack of political and economical knowledge, or simply lack of empathy toward social issues can lead to big misinterpretations.

But why? Governments have secret, big deal, why the hell would you unveil private discussions between political leaders? Those "freedom fighters" are reinforcing paranoia among the weakest minds. Some information can't be handled properly by everyone, lack of political and economical knowledge, or simply lack of empathy toward social issues can lead to big misinterpretations.

I agree with most of what your saying.

I agree with people misinterpreting a lot of the leaked materials and leaking materials that don't consist any unlawful acts. But if there are illegal materials, i don't see the difference between the government cracking down criminals or political forces doing illegal actions and getting busted (leaked). 

If there is another Molotov-Ribbentrop pact done somewhere, i'd want to know :)

• Like 2

I agree with most of what your saying.

I agree with people misinterpreting a lot of the leaked materials and leaking materials that don't consist any unlawful acts. But if there are illegal materials, i don't see the difference between the government cracking down criminals or political forces doing illegal actions and getting busted (leaked). 

If there is another Molotov-Ribbentrop pact done somewhere, i'd want to know :)

You have a point here, but then, they could solely leak some vital information like such a pact? They seem to "select" the stuff they leak.

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of wikileaks..all governments leaders are making deals..arming a group that is not our friend,but hates our enemy ...covert operations..disinformation...whipping this stuff up and leaking certain materials makes them a useful tool...for who..highest bidder?

• Like 1

You have a point here, but then, they could solely leak some vital information like such a pact? They seem to "select" the stuff they leak.

Indeed so, but isnt that something we see constantly in our everyday lives with mainstream media?

Nothing new under this sun. Just the scales are pushed further apart

FYI. I have a feeling there is something about Trump coming around. "Gotta stick to the hot topics wikileaks style"

• Like 1

What happened to free press? if WikiLeaks wants to write about it, it's their good right. To be honest, even if all of it were true, what do I care. In the end I live a satisfying life and I'm sure more people can say the same. The fact that we're covertly getting plucked left and right doesn't bug me. I don't believe I will become "happier" when people and organisations show their true worth.

Getting frustrated over something is a choice ;)

• Like 1

f*** Wikileaks.

Once a great cause; Now a shit show for left vs right, Anti-Murica', and stupid pandering to dumbf***s that can't even tie their own shoe laces without a f***ing Youtube video guide. 

• Like 3

f*** Wikileaks.

Once a great cause; Now a shit show for left vs right, Anti-Murica', and stupid pandering to dumbf***s that can't even tie their own shoe laces without a f***ing Youtube video guide. 

I used a youtube video to learn how to correctly fold my shirt and how to change my godchild's diapers. I feel bad now t.t

What happened to free press? if WikiLeaks wants to write about it, it's their good right. To be honest, even if all of it were true, what do I care. In the end I live a satisfying life and I'm sure more people can say the same. The fact that we're covertly getting plucked left and right doesn't bug me. I don't believe I will become "happier" when people and organisations show their true worth.

Getting frustrated over something is a choice ;)

Well free press is an absurd concept to me, at least WikiLeaks-like free press. People want governments to be spied but themselves dislike NSA stuff. We all have our secrets, for good or bad reasons. Would you like some "reporter" to publish an article about some private convo you had with your wife regarding your child? Nope, your kid would possibly not understand and take it in a bad or at least incorrect way. Same thing here. An high percentage of the population is really eager to jump on incorrect conclusions whenever there's something involving governments. Some will even lose their mind when they simply learn governments dare to have secrets. I'm not against WikiLeaks owning some confidential documents, but they shouldn't reveal anything in the name of free press. If they just put a filter based on common sense and public safety it'd be nice.

• Like 1

Well free press is an absurd concept to me, at least WikiLeaks-like free press. People want governments to be spied but themselves dislike NSA stuff. We all have our secrets, for good or bad reasons. Would you like some "reporter" to publish an article about some private convo you had with your wife regarding your child? Nope, your kid would possibly not understand and take it in a bad or at least incorrect way. Same thing here. An high percentage of the population is really eager to jump on incorrect conclusions whenever there's something involving governments. Some will even lose their mind when they simply learn governments dare to have secrets. I'm not against WikiLeaks owning some confidential documents, but they shouldn't reveal anything in the name of free press. If they just put a filter based on common sense and public safety it'd be nice.

I agree that people are stupid enough to jump to conclusions (just read your everyday facebook notifications lol); but I have no particular fondness for governments sneaking a peek when I come back from a night's out with a girl. giggity. Besides, WikiLeaks feeds us some good reading material every once in a while.

of course not! but when merkel does a top-secret deal with erdogan, which effects ALL plebeian lives in europe, id love to know about that without doing intense research on the inet! what i do with my wife/partner is private, but in a DEMOCRACY a governament shouldnt be allowed to hide anything from their taxpaying citizens!

"leaking" stuff possibly edited that is supposed to be true injected into conspiracy junkies under the quise of "news"during election times is propaganda at its worst... Yeah..the internet "news" is like the National Enquirer..alien babies..so what is true..usually not known until becomes a reality

• Like 1