Black Textures?

OnionKnight

Hmm I had this before but only on castle attack. But recently it has increased to different maps like Oasis, Battery ..etc.

wet20100618215741.png

Its really weird though. Some maps don't have any issues (like gold rush), and others are completely bonkers (like oasis and battery). Also it only affects the floor. Never the walls or sky

I also do not have this problem with any other game. I tried TF2, Borderlands, Crysis, CS:S, Deus Ex: Invisible War, NS2 engine, Blur, Dirt 2 ..etc and everything runs perfectly.

When it does that have you tried /vid_restart ? Not sure if that will do anything, but it's an option I suppose.

Funny though I had to test my sister's pc yesterday for crashes and had the exact same issue. I tested Oasis, Fueldump, MLB Temple and they were all like that. Minas seemed fine though the little water part was also bunk. I used the exact same cfg as I normally use. However her drivers were wrong before and ET failed tho, it started throwing that opengl error. After I downloaded new drivers from ATI released recently (16th June 2010, for HD3800 family) ET looked like that, so my guess there's something with the drivers. Also way back when I had a chance to play ET on that computer everything worked completely fine. My game still looks fine on pc i normally use. I tested Star Wars: Battlefront 2 on that pc and looked completely normal.

You shoold try the newest driver 10.06 often resolves stuff like that .

http://game.amd.com/...s_catalyst.aspx

I did a clean driver install to 10.6. Same issues D=.

So i'll try what Husa said and maybe use a different CFG?

(it does sound like a video card driver issue though. I don't want to roll back to driver earlier than 10.5 because of some instability issues running an idle clock at 150 mhz)

Format C and all should be good :P

Man I took your advice. Now the only thing i see on my computer screen is black :lol:

/quit should solve it :yahoo

Just pm'ed someone in my clan who was having a similar problem, to see if they solved it.

If he fixes it, tell me. Its hard to shoot axis because they blend into the ground on those maps lol

ET uses a OpenGl system i think.

maybe the black textures are related with opengl systems. See if the same happens on your onboard graphic chipset.

I dont know much about Open GL but just set r_allowextensions to 0 and see if it works. (But u wont be able to play then)

Maybe you could try updating opengl on your PC.

OR you could just do vid_restart repeatedly.

Also change resolution of game may remove it.

I've tried quitting, vid_restarting, changing resolution and some of the settings but it still remained that way.

Look on the bright side, the tank on Fueldump is so shiny and there's some message barely visible on it.

I would have told u to try to delete the maps and to download them again....but its impossible to download the 6 original maps. So, you might wanna try reinstalling. If it doesnt work....then its either ur OpenGl or ur graphic card.

I'd have to say it's an error with the latest ATi driver. I just downloaded the lastest driver from ATi (Jun-16-2010, 10.6) and I've got weapons that look like quicksilver, and torn textures like the screenshot provided.

It's probably an OpenGL error... probably. More than likely, ATi/AMD messed up with some older commands for OpenGL... or OpenGL discontinued older commands and ATi/AMD is finally reflecting that change.

Edit: And apparently trying to go back to a previous version doesn't help (tried 10.5 so far). Time to try the one before that.

Edited by SkyeDarkhawk