News F|A #2 Jaymod - Mass XP Reset

daredevil

Never mind about the xp reset where is all this lag coming from it is massive. I never get lag on jay2

jay2 is my favorite server and the lag is spoiling my game is anyone else getting it?

Has some of the setting been change I know one thing which has change disguise cvops I could work them out now no chance

Lags also depends on PC and internet speed, i got new PC last summer but i get lags from time to time. But nothing serious.

• Administrators

so can we expect the same on jay1 as well?

No and yes. Because of Aigle, everyone already got the xp back. We will apply the fix for it on F|A 1 also. :)

• 2 weeks later...

@ daredevil

What i did is make XP save for 120 or so days without return. So any one who does not come onto server for a 120 days loses their XP.

This will keep your XP and admin ranks. as so many ppl come and go on ET.

Also an idea is you can use the db file that kaymod uses. eg users.db and load it onto the other server if/when it fails.

with the old !dbload then !dbsave

@ daredevil

What i did is make XP save for 120 or so days without return. So any one who does not come onto server for a 120 days loses their XP.

This will keep your XP and admin ranks. as so many ppl come and go on ET.

Also an idea is you can use the db file that kaymod uses. eg users.db and load it onto the other server if/when it fails.

with the old !dbload then !dbsave

120 isn't enough. From the statistics I got from our user.db and the "last seen" entry of each players, FA servers have over 8500-9000 different guid connecting to the server each 30 days. That let us space for 1000 bans and we are at 450 if I remember well. So it let us space for 500 more players connecting to the server.

What I did is a script that kick out every record of players where the "last seen" entry is greater than 30 days (without a ban entry). So that kicks out the admins too. It saved us 400 more player space. Jaymod didn't though we could have that amount of players on a server. However if you think about it, the limit is about 14 different guids per hour. On a 64 slot server, it's not a lot. We are at 11-12 different guids per hour at this moment. If we grab more people, we are screwed. Jaymod should of put the limit at 65536... That would solve our problem.

• Like 1

How u mean 120 is not enough?

Yer this is basically that principle:

What I did is a script that kick out every record of players where the "last seen" entry is greater than 30 days (without a ban entry). So that kicks out the admins too.

on jaymod it has

set g_xpSaveTimeout "1h"

So if you set this to your 30 days any player not returning in 30 days the XP gets dumped and frees up space for more ppl to play.

By your stat of 8500 different guid joining every 30 days you are saying that "roughly" you get 72250000 diffent guids a year.

An idea

• Administrators

Our xp savetimeout has been always set to 30 days since we started F|A 2 server.

## Jaymod 2.1.7 -- user.db
## updated: 07/06/10 15:37:01
## records: 8936  (bans: 417)

How u mean 120 is not enough?

Yer this is basically that principle:

What I did is a script that kick out every record of players where the "last seen" entry is greater than 30 days (without a ban entry). So that kicks out the admins too.

on jaymod it has

set g_xpSaveTimeout "1h"

So if you set this to your 30 days any player not returning in 30 days the XP gets dumped and frees up space for more ppl to play.

By your stat of 8500 different guid joining every 30 days you are saying that "roughly" you get 72250000 diffent guids a year.

An idea

120 days is too much days. As stated by Dare, the setting is already at 30 days and we are close to 9000 different guids in the .db. So no setting can prevent it.

By my stats and by what Dare just prove to you, we have 9000 different guids in the user.db and we have a 30 days max xpsave. This means 9000 different active guids visited our servers in the last month. Don't extrapolate that for years because it just makes no sense. We've reach the max and we can't do a lot of stuff about it. If there was a setting to save us from that limit, we would of find it already. So instead of that, the FA community has a script to remove the guids AND the admins too that doesn't play for 30 days on the server which no settings seems to be able to do in jaymod yet.