New awards!

Platonic

We added some new awards for Insurgency! Staff will soon add topics where you can post your screenshots. If you have any new suggestions, feel free to add them in this topic: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/81423-add-insurgency-awards/page-2. Keep in mind we need players to be able to proof their achievements.

KDR.jpg Killer of the week

The best killer (kill/death rate) of an entire Insurgency map.

RPG.jpg RPG champion

Highest amount of kills in one shot. Weapon: RPG.

nade.jpg Fragger

Highest amount of kills with a single nade.

And for helpful people:

5414_insaward.png Hey kid!

We need members and regulars who help other players. This award is given only to those who excel in helping others.

We wish you a fun competition!

• Like 3

Those are terrible looking. You can tell they're cropped to shit. First one is alright, but the others are just gawd awful.

Your help is always welcome, Sidster :)

I haven't done graphics shit in a while, but I can give it a shot. Where'd the originals come from?

Talk to Mr. Karizmatic about the first 3, last one: http://hlstatsx-ins.heliohost.org/hlstats.php?mode=awards&game=insurgency (ads alert)

Those are terrible looking. You can tell they're cropped to shit. First one is alright, but the others are just gawd awful.

Waiting to see new awards icons..

Here's a basic one I did for the grenade award. Basically the Insurgency Icon with the hand holding the 'nade. Had to draw that shit in with a mouse. Ain't the best, but it's somethin'.  Didn't do any others because I got roped into movie night. Huzzah.

DnJ4iG9.png

It's also a PNG file for the transparent background. I notice a lot of newer awards have white backgrounds. They need to be edited to pngs if they're going to be 'shapes'. It's fine if you're using the basic forum layout, but many of us use Blue carbon, and Paradox which are black backgrounds. They stand out like a sore thumb with a random white background. If you're doing a shape other than square for an award, it looks infinitely better to cut the background out and save it as a png.

Otherwise color or gradient the background and do a little bit of a border to make it look nice for all forum layouts. #protip225

Example: gameweekend.png

If you need help with that sort of thing I can try, or you can annoy b!tchface mcgee. (RAE) Har.

• Like 2