Cubbies Win After 108 Years!

L3ftY.

I'm an average baseball fan. I watch most Toronto Blue Jays games. I am not a Cubs fan by any stretch either, but it's good to see some streaks finally die. The Chicago Cubs finally won The World Series*  after 108 years since they won their last championship. Great game last night going into extra innings over the Cleveland Indians in the seventh and deciding game.

* Why it is called the 'World Series' is beyond me. Every team is American except for one. If they played against other countries like Cuba, Canada, Japan, or Mexico as an example, then maybe call it the 'World Series'. But, that's not going to happen any time soon.

Anyway, congrats Chicago Cubs!

cxLl4jrK_400x400.jpg

1050x591.jpeg

Edited by L3ftY.
  • Like 4

• Leader

The "World Series" began in 1903 and I suppose that the game was only played in the USA then.   :)

1845, a group of New York City men founded the New York Knickerbocker Baseball Club. " They played their first game against a team of Cricketers.  The game is said to be derived from cricket and rounders. 

BTW, the Knickerbockers made an important rule change:  you could no longer put runners "out" by throwing the ball at them.  :D  Maybe "out" had a different meaning than, involving doctors?   :rolleyes:

Edited by RedBaird
BTW
  • Like 1

Stayed up late to watch this and was not disappointed...also not really a Cubs fan, but my wife was born in Chicago so I'll claim 'em anyways. Y'all see drunk Bill Murray interviewing drunk Theo Epstein?

https://twitter.com/iamjoonlee/status/794054997088628737

• Like 3

That was a perfect game 7.. that home run to tie the game against chapman, the cyborg pitcher, that was something .. I liked every minute of that game.

Good thing Cubs won that ! Happy for them 

• Like 2