Gfx Card not responding

Carbonautics

hey, i recently am being troubled by my pc, when i turn my pc on, the cpu turns on, but the screen is just black, no nothing.........

I thought it was monitor but tested it with my TV, it was same problem there too. I didnt knw what happened>??<>....

Then sometimes windows loads up and a few seconds later, the screen goes black for maybe 10 seconds, then comes back on with error, quote" Display Driver has stopped responding and has successfuly recovered" quote end. then the error message continues with something windows kernel version, display driver version......... stuff idk about. Could use some help.

I don't have a ss maybe i'll try to get a ss to see if it helps.

Thanks,

CarbonAutics.

Is this Nvidia?  I've had the same thing happen with my 970.  It is usually related to overheating. Well, for me at least.  What happens if you turn off your PC for, say, 30 min or longer then turn it back on?

• Like 1

uninstall the driver of your graphic card with this tool (use the recommanded uninstallation under safe mode): Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)

and then install this driver: http://www.nvidia.in/Download/driverResults.aspx/108422/en-in

• Like 1

Windows 10 pro 64bit, i will try getting a ss, it should happen once more, to get it,

Card: Nvidia GeForce 610{old card},

Edit: Heating maybe a problem, but new cards tend to heat? just curious,

Edited by Carbonautics

Should I try this? :https://support.micr...n-in/kb/2665946

I know that registry has risks, so want to make sure of it.

Link was suggested by Karizmatic

I already saw this thread on MS site.. Try 1st and simply updating your driver then if it's still not fixed then yes you can take more "risks". Even though there's no real risk with registry keys unless you use mittens for typing or decide to delete some keys because that pleases you or turn crazy.. It's simply adding a key registry. By the way if you decide to add this key don't forget to create a system restore point.

• Like 2

As Annibal said, I uninstalled using ddu, now after restarting my pc is just stuck at the desktop, but all applications are opening but the screen isn't going to the folder where my driver is to install it, the folder is open in minibar, but doesn't come on desktop,

Edit: I am not able to do anything, not even restart in safe mode, can't open anything, I am sending this through my mobile,lol, I hope this resolves soon, or else in dead

Edited by Carbonautics

As Annibal said, I uninstalled using ddu, now after restarting my pc is just stuck at the desktop, but all applications are opening but the screen isn't going to the folder where my driver is to install it, the folder is open in minibar, but doesn't come on desktop,

Edit: I am not able to do anything, not even restart in safe mode, can't open anything, I am sending this through my mobile,lol, I hope this resolves soon, or else in dead

hold the power button of your pc and force it to turn off.. Once done, plug the vga cable to your motherboard and see how it goes.

• Like 1

About heating of the card, i noticed it goes to 50C, on normal usage, by doing things like rendering videos, it goes to 55-59C then later cools down after it is complete, , I don't think it is a issue or is it?

And I uninstalled and installed the latest 373.9 version, I think its solved, have to test it by couple restarts ,

CPU is at 40C,HDD is at 42C, mobo is 28C, would like to know if these temperatures are above normal, thanks,.

- depends models of your hardware, but as a whole they're close. For further details you should google each component on official or serious sites about it. In all cases, all your temps seem good.

- after the 368.69 and 372.90, this latest nvidia version seems to get the highest benchmarking score.. Is more stable than the 372.90.. High DPC latency issue seems fixed.. And includes of course more bug fixes than all previous versions. You should be good with the latter and should stick with this one for some time.

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 2

It didn't start at first then I opened my case and pressed the card and cleaned the top {where there could have been dust fallen,} cleaned it then started, it started fine, then again restarted to see if it does that again, it happened again,  then I Press the buttons on the monitor it says" There is no signal from the cpu, try changing the input settings, to vga or hdmi, if there is no response, prss the mouse and keyboard buttons to wake it up" idk what this means.

Edited by Carbonautics