Let's Pretend

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

Let us pretend that you own a business. A company, and it's a good one! The people who work for you are very happy and very close, like a family. And over time, you become more and more successful and make good business decisions and make good business relationships.

Not let's pretend, you start to notice a guy hanging around. Seems like a nice enough guy and  the more he hangs around, the more your people get to know him. Most like him, some don't but that's life. And you start to see that he is making small contributions to your company in little ways. Eventually, he makes some friends with the people in your company and you learn  that he has experience in doing just what the largest part of your business focuses on. You see that he can be a real asset to your business. You give him some responsibility within your company, but he's not someone who works for you, yet, he seems like he can handle it, so why not, right? And he does well with the things you've given him.

So, after a while, you ask him to fill out an application and maybe get hired on. Which he does, eagerly, and his application is impressive and it all looks really good. The people in your company support this guy as a new hire. You begin to do the background checks and all the things that go into hiring this guy and then you find out that a business acquaintance of yours, someone who's business was but is no longer really relevant to your business has some negative information about this guy. SO, naturally, you confront him with it and  he tells you a compelling story about how he was setup. You grill him about it over and over and while you trust what your business friend says, the new guy's story seems to have merit. He never wavers in his story.

You're torn. You don't want to offend your contact, but you also know that this guy can do good things for you.

Now your associate is in a successful business of his own, but the product he has, which you once depended on, is no longer viable to some of the things you do. Specifically, what this new guy specializes in. Even with a conflict of interests, he can be someone you can depend on and you know he'll grow in and with your company.

So here's the dilemma; do you hire him anyway?

See what I did there?? :)

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

Man, this story reminds me of me re-applying here..hahaha :D

@ Koen, can a judge get away with murder? Can a murderer become a saint?

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

Mmmmmmmmm, close, but not quite.

Instead of wondering "what I did there", no one's answered the question

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Many judges have gotten away with murder.

Anyone can become a saint.

• Like 1

You're wrong. Who decides about anything today? People. You're familliair with "mass effect" ? One or two persons say something, others will follow. It's not up to us if we will become saints or sinners, it's about people judging. Today barely few people with stand up against mass of other people and say their own opinion. That's why there will never be peace on earth, only wars pain and suffering.

And ya, I would hire him. First impression is the most important one. If you feel you can depend on him, you shouldn't had a doubt in a first place. :)

• Like 1

No doubt, many judges have gotten away with murder, it is the ones that didn't that carry the burden of their past, ultimately not being allowed to be in such a powerful position ever again.

A shame, since judges who commited a murder don't necessarily lack the ability to judge. It is however that there are judges who also didn't get away with murder, that end up being massmurderers publicly.

• Like 1

Never trust another's judgment over your own. Make your decision and own it, your source may be right about this person but people can and do change. Best worker I ever had was an excon that served time time for theft, but he was grateful for a chance and is still at the company 20 some years later. Do your research and go with your gut.    

• Like 1

Stop looking attention, after one or two topic on your situation that you cant come member because past cheats get our sympathies, but when you start one topic per month on same case its start to get very annoying, if you dont appreciate exception what we did with you when we gave your lvl 10, we can take that back too and let you just be regular user. We explained you many time that we not let past cheaters in clan for several reasons, we forgive you that you cheated before, we let you play in our servers and give you lvl 10, but because our rules we cant let you in our clan. Its time that you accept that already and move on. You doing good job and helping us, but dont make that as a number, several lvl 0 regulars help us too and they dont make topics on matter how they help us.

Next topic where you appeal to be member again or crying how you are not member will be locked.

• Like 5

Come on dude really... We have a set of rules and we follow them and regardless of anyone we dont break them if we break one rule for one guy, We have followed rules in past and didnt accepted apps and did banned people did many stuff.. if we break a rule and accept u then we have to unban all and accept those past people.. i know u help us alot and we appreciate that and that is the reason we gave u lvl 10.. not alot in our clan has lvl10.. Take that as a badge of honor ... i pretty sure we dont give lvl 10 to alot of people and especially to busted cheaters.. I respect and admire the fact that u really want to join us and be part of it ... kudos to that ... But if u keep making this kind of posts its just makes u look like a small kid who just dont understand.. i have seen this kind of post before too.. 

and to others stop encouraging or whatever u guys doing......

hope to see u on servers :)