Capture The Flag (Silent 1)

Roboes

5 members have voted

1. 1. Add capture the flag maps to silent1 server?

• Yes
    • No
    • Make nq3 a capture the flag server

Hello all. I used to play quake 3 deathmatch and I liked the CTF gameplay. I think that a CTF map would be a decent addition to beta test on silent_1. It also makes both axis and allies be both on offense and defence like baserace.

http://et.trackbase.net/map/414/

http://activegamer.net/et/map/442-Darji_2_(Final).html

Also many more here:  http://activegamer.net/et/maps/

Edited by Platonic
  • Like 3

I'll jump in here and commit a resounding second to this motion.  I was also a Quake 3 junkie, and there's no greater rush than carrying an enemy flag coast to coast under heavy fire.  At some point, you stop feeling the keyboard, as though your Will and the Machine became one in a bewilderingly beautiful hymn in praise of flight.  *cough*  getting sentimental.   :ph34r:

I would love to see some CTF, especially perhaps on jay2, silent1, or jay3 (Beginners) - in place of having ALL unique-objective maps, beginners might be able to slip into the game more easily with a couple of tried-and-true CTF maps.  I will interject that I don't really like BBA CTF- it's a great concept and beautifully drawn, but it has too many weird ledge-corners and mysteriously sized blocky features that catch and snag you in your progress.  I could most certainly get behind a few other ET CTF maps, and I'd suffer the presence of BBA for those who like it (and are probably just better at it than I) :D

Great suggestion, has my vote!

• Like 2

I would also love some CTF. I started my online gaming days on Quake II Expert Capture the Flag, so CTF has a warm place in my heart. A few years ago, I played a CTF map on ET, but I can't remember where?

• Like 2

The new DOOM has a bit quake alike game play(though there are cheaters etc, like all modern MP games, they are dying quickly(lol´d at Division 40% discount today)). Just mentioning, some cool new maps are never a bad idea.

I think quake3 like maps would be best added in DJ enabled servers? NQ3 or FUN2 perhaps to get something unique going on...

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

i think thats an great idea. would make a difference to gaming in servers. maybe it would draw even more players on our servers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i think thats an great idea. would make a difference to gaming in servers. maybe it would draw even more players on our servers.

Thats where I'm going with this. To beta test a decent CTF map and see how it goes, maybe try a different CTF to find one that gets plays. I dont see CTF much, if at all in ET. I think it would make FA stand out even more. Worth a try at the least