Mouse Issues...

Vetter2003

Hey been having issues lately with my mouse-

In game if I try to move my mouse too fast it just stops moving on screen, say an enemy starts shooting you from the side, I go to turn that way and If I try moving to fast the mouse just stops on screen even though my arm is half way across my mouse pad by now.

In windows I can move my mouse just fine, I move as fast as I can across my mouse pad back and forth and the mouse keeps on moving.

Deathadder mouse, think I still use the Microsoft hardware though.. no pointer precision or whatever --  mouse in windows set to like 4th speed setting --  mouse in game .95 sensitivity... (mouse really moves fine moving around and back in forth, its just when I try to move fast it stops... crazy firefight, ambushed those times when you need to move fast)

This problem just started last two weeks when I started having issues all of a sudden...  Thoughts ?? Thanks!

If none of this makes sense let know and I'll try to explain it better.. if I can :huh:

top notch, just upgraded to all new everything pretty much about a month ago roughly...     had an instance about a week or two ago, really close to when this Mouse thing started where I was having weird choppy video in game and lag but it wasn't lag.. ping was good, fps steady, everyone thought I was tripping, so I gave up minimized game and my home screen was 640x400 with like no horrible color (whatever that low setting is) went back in game, good color 1920 x 1080 but choppy, shut down everything rebooted,, somehow my display driver reverted back to generic pNp, but I seemed to get that sorted out, but this mouse thing is stumping me, how it works fine in windows moving fast but game it moves right with you till you hit that to fast of movement and then mouse just stops on screen till you slow back down and it resumes itself pretty much

• 2 weeks later...

if its so good just save cfg and etkey delete and reinstall ET just takes a minute :P

That didnt work but

Hooked up my old mouse and worked just fine in game, something faulty with other mouse I believe, but its weird that it worked fine in windows, but it is what it is, at least it works and I can play without getting super pissed off :D

That mouse has its own config and driver software, use it. Don't use any generic mouse drivers from windows or any driver windows offers you for the mouse. It could be that windows update messed your mouse driver. Disable automatic windows update. I think it is not possible in windows 10, which is horrible IMO.

live noticed same with my copperhead today. it stopped shooting for a sec also i pressed mouse all the time. felt like lag. dunno whats going on, since its old mouse they didn't have new update. so kinda weird cus thing changed to "yesterday" on my pc

funny this mentioned..I'm running Windows 7 and at times I thought was lifting mouse off the pad or something coz I got no movement on fast turns sometimes....thought was me..has been happening just recently..guess I need to check this..i wonder if this is some kinda lag with ET

• Like 2

That didnt work but

Hooked up my old mouse and worked just fine in game, something faulty with other mouse I believe, but its weird that it worked fine in windows, but it is what it is, at least it works and I can play without getting super pissed off :D

maybe I need to plug in another mouse...it will usually recognize the change and reinitalize automatically..try that ..then change mouse back to other to see if changes and stops issue..hmmm

Disable automatic windows update. I think it is not possible in windows 10, which is horrible IMO.

To disable Windows update:

- Windows key+r and type services.msc

- double-click on Windows update service, stop and set it on DisabledApply and OK.

To disable auto-installation of drivers:

- Windows key+r and type gpedit.msc

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Installation > Device Installation Restrictions

- double-click on "Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings", set it on "Enabled", Apply and Ok.

There's the possibility to disable the auto-update only on selected devices (by IDs or Classes that you can find in Device manager under Details tab) through "Prevent installation of devices that match these device IDs" or the "Prevent installation of devices for these device classes" settings.

• Like 4

To disable Windows update:

- Windows key+r and type services.msc

- double-click on Windows update service, stop and set it on DisabledApply and OK.

Good point, since my sentence could be understood as if that is not possible in Windows 10 (which obviously is). This is complete shutdown of windows updates, and I didn't meant that. What I meant was the feature present in previous versions of Windows, where I had fine grade control over how updates should be handled. I.e., notify me about new available updates, but do not download or install them.

While Windows 10 is better in many ways, I think Microsoft has gone to far in some areas (YES Bill, I want that fine grade of control over my OS).