Calling all cripples!

DontShootMe

I finally got my new prostetic hand last friday and was really excited to try it out in the game. I talked about it some in the game and it got me wondering if anyone else has a disability that they have to compensate for. I am most interested to know how they overcome it. I had to make myself a custom mouse so i could play with my old 'claw'. if anyone has any cool ideas or stories, I would love to hear them. All of us old warriors need to stick together.

I had to play for a while last year with a leg in a brace, which really wasn't fun as i had to sit at the most retarded angle to my PC. But was ok :).

However, to be honest that's nothing compared to a prosthetic hand, so well done dude on still playing well with it :)

Edited by MadHatter

just wondering how did you play without your prostetic hand? anyway you are an inspiration and keep it up.

I had a claw before and modified my mouse so I could work two buttons. Couldnt have a middle mouse button though. Was odd because if i leaned my wrist to one side, i would accedently push a button. Now I am relearning how to work a mouse with my new hand. It still has to be a special one.

• Like 1

This thread reminds me of the scene in Apocalypse Now when Kilgore says "Any man who will fight me with his guts held in with a pan can have a drink from my canteen!"

Amazing story dude. I sometimes feel sorry for myself when I get owned by someone half my age but you make me feel quite humbled actually. My only handicap is alcohol and little kids crawling around bugging the shit out of me when I'm trying to play.

I bet there are a lot of vets who come home injured and could use help playing their favorite games. Maybe you could start a support group or something.