NHL Season 2016-2017

von Rantala

Yay, my team was the first to lose 10 games and sits in 29th. FML. really tough to watch a team with so much talent and have no goalie to back them up. Elliot needs to step up his game to win and appreciation from the fans here.

• Like 2

Yay, my team was the first to lose 10 games and sits in 29th. FML. really tough to watch a team with so much talent and have no goalie to back them up. Elliot needs to step up his game to win and appreciation from the fans here.

maybe start cheering for the Oilers, or bring back Kiprusoff out of retirement :)

guess that ain't gonna happen eh. 

Calgary should be fine with Jon Gillies eventually.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=130895

He was great in college, had an injury last year and played only 7 games in the AHL at the end of the year. Now he's starting his first real year in the AHL.

hang in there Rantala!! It is very admirable that you can talk about your depression, and maybe also a step up to better days? A lot off people suffer from it (I luckily only middly at times) but there is very little recognition. It seems more Finnish people get depressed. I have no solid advise besides just go struggling on, focus on the good things, be glad for family and friends and take lots of vitamine D. things will get better one day, they must ....

On hockey... after a promising start I lost a bit the hope Avalanche might reach the play offs. But i remember from last year that they were in an even worse position at this time, regrouped and got quite good. If they pull the same off this year we might still have a small chance :)

• Like 2

I feel very guilty that i havent been able to watch more hockey, atm i watched only one Rangers game and one Columbus game, besides Wild games. Plus i am not able to check NHL site so often than i would like to, now visited only 2 time per week in NHL site, why because work keep me busy, but biggest reason is my depression. Its hitting harder than i except, i just dont have powers to go site and check scores and highlighs, no powers to watch other teams games and that make me more sad and depressed because i so would like to watch other teams games too and keep me updated on scores and what happen in NHL.

Is there any other storyline than Montreal and Cary Price start of the season, and Edmonton solid start to season too? Any back goalie taking starting job against big name?

Don't try to keep posting nhl results and stats here. They're aren't as important as your health. We can survive days or weeks without your updates and stats. No worries.

As far as other stories are concerned? the Leafs are looking pretty good (better than les Nordiques) especially last nights Van Riemsdyk's hat trick and Marners' smooth plays against the Preds..

• Like 3

Again very disappointing lose, we was not able to make goal against team who allowed most goals in NHL. We had our chances, but we was not able to score. We need scorer in team, like Laine or Benn. I was also little bit disappointent on Koivu actions last game too much giveways, he was breakaway also and no goal. But all can play poor game, wait a lot from him in next game, he always played monster game after poor game. We have made only 9 goal in last 6 game. I know that every team go through hard periods in season. I was just hoping that we would be higher in standings this year. Dubnyk has played very good games. He has been monster and kept us in games, its just amazing how much we lose these small score games. Our PP suck, Boudreau should put Koivu in first unit, he was team best PP guy in last year. We strugle to get puck in the offensive zone in PP if we lose it.

Thanks for support, after loses, word is little bit darker, but wins give all back for multple factor. At least we are in playoff spot and that is all what matter, in playoffs its no matter what is your rating in standings.

• Like 1

Wooow what a win against Boston, i was screaming like lunatic when Granlund made goal, i was sure that we will go to overtime. Last two day it has annoyed me how many games we lost even that we allowed only 1.15 goal per game and its annoyed me also that Koivu didnt get any point against Calgary even that he had 3 great chance to get point, first breakaway and then 4vs1 situation (assist) and then great assit to Granlund who didnt hit in empty net. But as i sayed victory will solve those worries.

Dubnyk has been NHL best goalie in start of season. Numbers tell a true, he havent got a lot score support, but his stats are amazingly good. Dubnyk has 13 game played where he posted numbers Sv% 95,2 (NHL Best) GAA 1.47 (NHL best) SO 4 (NHL best)

Edited by von Rantala

Woah we are not playing our game now. Dubnyk was not able to save us this time as he has done lately, without Dubnyk we probably would be in last places of West. Its amazing how we cant do goals from our chances. Koivu had great chance and he was not able to score and not long after that Colorado made 3 goal straight and that change game. Koivu has been our best player in defence way (from forwards) but we need more from him in offensive zone. Third line tho has been biggest problem, they cant make any goal chances and we have to use too much our two first line. I think it was mistake to buy out Vanek, instead of Pommiville. Now we should trade Pommiville and take Hartnell from CLB, we need second powerforward behind Coyle, and Hartnell is very good scorer what we are lack of atm.

We finally got name for the new team https://www.nhl.com/news/vegas-golden-knights-official-team-name/c-283981522?tid=281011650

I try in coming weekend check stats leaders and my fantasy players stats, havent check scores now for two week. Just no motivation or powers. I feel disappointent, because i waited NHL season so much and now i dont have powers to keep eye on scores. But there is still a lot season left :) I can hop in when i feel i am able to :) Still watching every Wild game ofc. Friday game start 23:00, but that mean it end 02:00 and i have early wake up in Friday morning, so i probably leave game to saturday.

• Like 1

NHL made list of top storylines of first quarter, there was mentioned Price ofc, because so many victories and Tuukka Rask, but not Dubnyk, who has been better than Tuukka Rask, Minnesota players not get samekind recognition than like NYR, BOS or MON or CHI players get, usually those teams players win all the individual trophies. Players should get recognition no matter where they play, and Dubnyk has been best goalie of the season. Very even with Price ofc, but a lot better than Rask.

LoL what a game against Canuks, i know Dubnyk cant play every game and Vancouver has been one of NHL worst teams, but still i would like to see anyone else in goal than Kuemper. It has come bad habit to give two fast goal. This game we gave Canuks two time, two goal in under two minute. We have gave too many fasts goal situations where enemy go and do 2 goal in under 2 min. Boudreau tho made big mistake and put fourth line in the ice after we gave PP goal. I hate when we lose against weaker teams, i started to believe that there has to be something in locker room that we always keep losing against these weaker teams, team dont take these weaker teams seriously, and when i mean weaker team i mean those who are below playoffline.

• 2 weeks later...

Dubnyk has been awesome, he has been mvp of league in first quarter. If he can keep his game as high as he played he would play one of all time seasons in NHL and would make records in many categories, he would be sure winner of Hart trophy too. Price get all the attention because he play in Montreal, in big hockey market as Bergeron get when he play in Boston, but man how well Dubnyk has played, he played now 20 game and havent allowed more than 2 goal in game. I havent never see any goalie playing as well as he playing atm. Ofc season is long, and stats will probably steady, but he has possibility to win his first vezina of career. Ofc he has to be a lot better than Price to win him, price get big advange when he is playing in Montreal and has won Vezina once already. It will not be enough if he will be only little bit better than Price, he have to be a lot better. NHL favor big markets players in trophy choises. With bigger score support Dubnyk would have better win % too. Its only category where Price is leading, but Price get a lot bigger score help than Dubnyk get in Wild.

Boudreau sayed well on Dubnyk after Toronto. "If [Devan] was in Toronto, there'd be no Carey Price, I'm just saying media-wise," Wild coach Bruce Boudreau said of the attention Dubnyk would receive. "I mean, he hasn't allowed more than three goals in any game he's played this year, he's held us in all the time, and they had 17-3 or something shots in the third period and they didn't get any (goals)."

Dubnyk or Wild players not get recognasation what bigger market players get, but thats nothing new.

• Like 1

Here is example how real captain and leader behave after teammate made own goal https://mobile.twitter.com/NHLJets/status/808176211469836290/video/1

Hopefully u can see video because i post it from my phone. But Wheeler show how great leader he is, he was team biggest leader in last years too. Could be future Messier trophy winner.

• Like 1

Here is example how real captain and leader behave after teammate made own goal https://mobile.twitter.com/NHLJets/status/808176211469836290/video/1

Hopefully u can see video because i post it from my phone. But Wheeler show how great leader he is, he was team biggest leader in last years too. Could be future Messier trophy winner.

Good leader for sure, clearly didn't understand what happen in his head, never seen a home goal like this one, like he really didn't know he was in his own zone. 

Well for habs, we were on the good side of a 10-1 game finally :) fun to watch .. poor avalanche 

And yes Dubnyk is awesome this year, if he can keep up, he will be near Carey Price status if not over, and that's represent a lot.