NHL Season 2016-2017

von Rantala

I think this can be Dubnyks year, when he come to my big idols list, he did play great year in 2014-2015, last year was solid also, but i did wait too much from him, my biggest idol was playing in goalies spot, so i can be too harsh to my team goalies, i was that to Bäckström too time to time, when i wait too much from my goalies, i wait same what Niittymäki did and its too much to wait from every goalie or player. Dubnyk is one of my fav. players and my fav. goalies from current NHL goalies and i give him change to come to my idols list also. Because i followed Niittymäki so closely i enjoy great saves equally if not even more than goals, great saves are rare, but when goalie make those i cheer those as much as i do for goals. Hopefully Dubnyk can offer a lot great, big and important saves in this year.

record-setting 4 goal performance last night:

...now that's what i'm talking about

Still losing tho

• Like 2

haha at least we have a team

loll idk whats worse tbh, no team or the leafs for the last 50 years

• Like 1

Go Jays go!

9f82c54a890bb560467ea1718ee4a9e5_XL.jpg

Leafs might have to wait another year or two, if that. But at least they're finally headed in the right direction

Edited by L3ftY.
  • Like 1

We did take our first win of the season after good game against Winnipeg. Staal and Parise look like good pair and Granlund and Koivu is great pair, making chances to each others every game. Our team look good. We have 3 solid offfensive line ups and 8 good defender and Dubnyk has played well in two first game, one goal in first game was easy, but rest of time he has kept us in game. Kuemper is still question mark, i would take some other back up than him, but when he is in hot streak he is valuable goalie. Plus he is young so maybe we can see progress his game and he could challange Dubnyk and be surprise player of year (from wild).

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 2

How is possible that Iginla is not one of Alternative Captains in Colorado????? He was in that role last two year and he is great leader, i am happy to see Beauchemin in alternative captain, but how they left Iginla out? Was that Iginla wish? They did take A away from long time alternative McLeod also. For me its huge act of disrespect, Iginlas was long time Calgary captain.

I am super happy that Koivu is our first PK guy. Yeo didnt use him in PK situations, only for face offs, now Boudreau use Koivu a lot in PK. That mean less time in PP, but Koivu is one of leagues best PK guys and i am happy that Boudreau use him in there, i dont know why Yeo didnt use Koivu more in PK situations, that was one of reasons why our PK was 27 last year.

Tomorrow i will watch Raanta game, he was in goal against SJ in Monday. Didn't have time to watch game yesterday or today :/

• Like 1

Will go see habs game tomorrow, can't wait team is doing good beating pittsburgh pretty easily.

Radulov what a player, Have great time watching him play. 

Great first home game show too. 

Go habs go

• Like 2

Wild games havent been perfects, we have gave first goal in every game, but came behind 3 time to win, last season we was worst team in NHL after giving lead to other team, and if i am correct it was almost 70% last year that team who made first goal win the game, its show a lot on your team if it can come behind and win the games. Our offence has been powerfull, but we need to start defence little bit better. I am happy on our start of the season. Our lines looking good and can product, goalies played well and defenders group is strong, coaches are one of NHL bests, so this year will be ours :) Only where i hope that we do better job is powerplay, i would like to see little bit different line ups thant we use now. Would be nice to see Koivu in first PP unit, but i understand that he is our first PK guy so he get little bit less PP time. He has played most minutes from our forwards and i am super happy that Boudreu use him so much. Koivu has been our best player in our games. Boudreau say that it probably take 20-30 games before players feel confortable on new gamestyle what we have now, and that is promising that we can win with not so perfects games too and give a lot hope how good we can be when we start feel confortable on our new gamestyle.

Just got watched Columbus vs Chicago game, was entertaining game. Good game from Columbus and CBJ fans made good impression to me, i try watch some Columbus games this year. Jarmo Kekäläinen is they GM and Hartnell playing in there so i have couple reason to watch Columbus games.

Another good game tonight by the habs, feeling pretty good, but easy to remember last season :(

Price looking healthy, saved the game with last minute steal save, but all around team is looking good ! 

Weber is just a hell of a player, easy to forget Subban with him, even tho it breaks my heart a bit, maybe Weber doesn't talk a lot but his presence on the ice is perfect. Solid player.

Radulov is now my favourite player  B), he gained a place on the powerplay, and got 1 goal, 2 assists tonight. 3-2 win over PHI.

11 pts out of 12 possible, let's keep it up !

• Like 1

Wow Dubnyk has been awesome. Two shutout row and 64 save from 64 shot. He stole game for us against Buffalo, made 20 save in second period. We looked complete team in last two games, we get scoring from all four lines and we defence very well, even that we has played without Spurgeon. I have give a lot critic to Suter before, but now he has been our best player with Dubnyk in start of season, is this season when he win Norris trophy, Suter has been very complete player, i havent like him before, but now i liked his game a lot. We are leading our division :) I enjoy every second when i watch our games, we are differen team than last seasons.

I did miss Saros game, was surprise that he got start in NSH goal, but i would not have time to watch game anyway. Probably watch Columbus game tomorrow, or NYR if Raanta is in goal. I try watch one extra game in every week, meaning one game from someone else than Wild.

Edited by von Rantala

Mikko has been always huge idol to me and was great to see his scoring in last game, even that it was empty net, it was my favorite goal of the game and i did cheer that goal most. I have noticed that Koivu has come as big idol to me than what Niittymäki is. Every year, i cheer his goals/assist and great plays more and more, and now when i deal this depression i looking something what give me powers and following Koivu and Wild games give me a lot strengths as Niittymäki did when he was gaming and when i was dealing depression.

Daam that Laine had great shot, i think he have best shot what i have never seen. I try watch every finnish players goals and ofc all my fantasy players score/assists from NHL.com. That site make me crazy sometimes, its so daam slow and those daam commercials kill me, why they have to put them before every video. I bought that NHL.tv, it cost me 120euro and they updated commercial system suck and make games lagging.