NHL Season 2016-2017

von Rantala

The worlds are aligning...

Flames...winners of 8 (yes eight) straight games after demolishing the Habs 5-0. Wtf

Where is that bandwagon anyway...

The worlds are aligning...

Flames...winners of 8 (yes eight) straight games after demolishing the Habs 5-0. Wtf

Where is that bandwagon anyway...

Flames vs Maple leafs for the final!

• Like 2

Flames vs Maple leafs for the final!

haha...nordiques and leafs one day for the cup.   :)

I promise Quebec will, guaranteed, get an NHL franchise. Guaranteed. It's inevitable. Canada needs Quebec.

• Like 3

Hey what would be your all time roster if you could make it, it can have retired players too. Share with us on your all time all star lines.

heres my dream team, i've could make ten teams and choises was hard but here it is:

John LeClair - Mario Lemieux - Jaromir Jarg

Brent Burns - Ray Bourque

Paul Kariya - Peter Forsberg - Teemu Selänne

Rob Blake - Scott Niedermayer

Keith Tkachuk - Eric Lindros - Brett Hull

Scott Stevens - Chris Pronger

Brendan Shanahan - Doug Gilmour - Wendel Clark

Al MacInnis - Paul Coffee 

Dominik Hasek

Patrick Roy

Martin Brodeur

hard choises but i roll with this team, could've made couple more...

i struggle with Gilmour an M. Koivu...

only two active players and other one is 100y old :)

yeah Canadians know how to play hockey :)

• Like 2

Wow what a game against FLA, before FLA game we lost two game straight first time since early DECEMBER and first time two row in regular time first time since early NOVEMBER. So well we played. We was in minor goal scoring problem in past four game where we made only five goal, but now we came through from in it making seven goal against FLA. Every team go 3-5 game goal scoring problem period usually couple time per season, it was great to see how fast we was able to come through that. Before goal scoring problems we made 4 GF per game percent in 26 game period., so we have been NHL bests goal scoring team whole season (actually in postion two). Only thing is that i really would like to see that we use one of our AHL goalies who both playing well in minor (Michalek and Stalock) instead of Kuemper, Kuemper is worst back up goalie in NHL and has been pulled out of game two stairght start what he has made and both times Dubnyk came and save and won the game for us. I raise my hat to Boudreau, after FLA made third goal i beg him to change goalie, but its need big balls from coach to change goalie in 3-3 situation when goalie has saved 20+ time. So Boudreau made change to goal in start of third period and again i have to admire his bravery to do this kind things. I and he see game a lot like same, i mean, when i think that "this line playing badly" or "this player playing badly" Boudreau see same and usually lower ice time of that line or player. He just dont push and wait that his line start make production, he mix them up if needed, Yeo didnt do that and i have never see anyone doing so much changes in the line ups when needed and then he keep them together when needed, when they product and play well in defence he keep them together, if line not defence well but product he mix them up little bit. That goalie change was great move from him and show again how great coach he is.

Some SS on games

2017_02_22_1.png

2017_02_22.png

2017_02_28.png[/

url]

2017_03_10.png

2017_03_01_1.png

2017_03_10_1.png

2017_03_11_3.png

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

What a great surprise i can see Wild vs Hawks game live today. When i made Wild game schedule in my Openoffice file before season started, game was not scheduled to start in afternoon, hear yesterday that game is coming in afternoon what mean i can see it in live. :) So three game throw for me, whatched game in friday, saturday and sunday :)

• Like 1

Sleepy start from Wild. Somehow we are not good afternoon game, but afternoon games also favor home teams a lot. Dubnyk was changed out of goal after he allowed two goal from two shot, but those was not easy goals, you cant blame him on those goals, i think it was panic move and i hope to see Duby back in the net for start of second period. I would have just called time out. But goalie change gave us big boost tho, so let see. Probably we see Dubnyk back in the net if we are able to tie game and will go in tie situation in the third period. Dubnyk has been NHL best goalie in this season. Bobrovsky and Holtby stats are close to him, but Dubnyk has been most steady from all of goalies in NHL. He havent play month when he sv% has gone below 91,7. Bobrovsky has gone 90,8 once with 2,67GA (in Jan) and Holtby 91,7 Dubnyk two best month numbers has been Oct 95,2 1,43 GA and 94,2 1,81 GA. Only Bob has been over 94,0 this year once.

It was 11:30AM when game started in Wild time so its explain why we was sleepy in start. Its rare that players have to play in so early.

Lundqvist injured. Now its time for Raanta. I think he can be starter in NHL and can compitite Vezina too if he get good team front of him. He is NHL bests back ups and should be starter in NHL. Let see i wait that Raanta will play very well and probably will be taken by Vegas in next summer.

Woah, even little bit lucky we could easily lead game by 5-2, but no! There is still period left and if we keep pushing we can tie the game!

We was dominating game, but lose it because so big amount of unluck and good game from Crawford. We should not have change Dubnyk out so hastily. Scoring chances was to us for 3x1 and we shot almost 50 time to goal when Hawks got barely 20 shot. Our sleepy start cost us this game. Hopefully boys learn from it and are in future ready to play from start of game, but again Wild game was enjoyable to watch. They play entertaining hockey and will be interesting to see if/when Wild will meet hawks in playoffs second round. If we play like we played last 40 min we will win serie easily. But i think if we meet in playoffs its go to 4-2 for Wild.

We are in minor struglin mode atm, lost four game from last five (first time in this season) and we still have little bit hard to get goals, but worst problem has been in between pipes, and i think this last 10 game when Dubnyk GA is over 3 and save percent under 91 can cost him Vezina. I still trust that Dubnyk get his came back, because we will be in problems if he not get his game back because we dont have good back up in the roster. Hawks lead us by one point (in standings by 3, but they played one game more) so its not in our hands anymore, but there is still a lot hockey left and we just need to win one game more than Hawks to win own Division. Would be first division win for Wild (in my watching era) so i hope we get it, but main thing is to get ready in playoffs, division win come if it come, but main focus is for Cup. Koivu has been beast, he has been our best player lately. He not get recongnasation because Staal is playing in our team and Staal get all the media recoption. Even our own comentators dont give credit to Koivu, i dont like our commentators at all, i like NBC games a lot more, they see when team is playing well or player is playing well. Its always funny how after one game when Parise made goal, our commentators cheer him how great he has played and how big hero he is for team, even that there is Granlund, Koivu, Niederreiter, Zucker, Staal, Coyle, Pomminville and Hanzal who all played a lot better year than Parise. If i remember corretly Parise is only player who +/- is in minus in our team, could be possible that Scandalla is in minus too. (cant count Hanzal because his minus come from ARI) Our PK is a lot worse when use Parise than when we use Hanzal.

Anyway even that we lost four game from last five, all has been one goal or two goal games (before empy net goal) so we have been very close to win, our goalies has just lost all goalie baddles, Läck was in last game biggest reason why Carolina won game. Its annoyng to see how Dubnyk lost so many goalie baddles row lately. He is still great goalie, he just get to get his came back on track. His save percent is still league lead.

Edited by von Rantala

Its nauseous how big star players like Crosby and Keith can do as they want and get away without penalty.  See latest insident where no penalty to Crosby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OrwMIJAnq8

So if Crosby or Keith kill someone then they probably get penalty, but they can freely end someone career without penalties because they are star players

• Like 1

Woah we are down 0-4 against Canuks and it will be probably our 9 lost in last 11 game. First i was not worried on our losing streak because in first seven lost, we was better team, we had more scoring chances, we just didnt get help from Dubnyk and we was not scoring from our chances. This and last game has been our worst, no heart at all, no badle lvl at all and Bruce has done huge mistakes behind bench, Winnipeg game he should have change goalie in 0-2 situation and we could have won it, now in last three, four game, no any changes in line ups and in interviews he has raised his hands up and saying he dont have answer to our losing streak, he should mix up line ups and try to wake up players, now again in Canuks game, he should have change Kuemper out from goal after third goal. I have feared whole season that our back up goalie kill our season, and i was super dissapointent that GM didnt take better back up to us in trade deadline, now we have NHL worst back up goalie and he cant save pucks and cant give rest for Dubnyk what he need. (Kuemper has pulled out from goal from his last two start) We should try test our AHL goalies, they are better choise than Kuemper is. Bruse should mix up our PP units, add Staal in the Granlund and Koivu line and Parise in the blue line and Spurgeon as second D.

There is period left, i wish to see Bruce mix up lines, only line which is working is Granlund-Koivu-Zucker Line.

It's all about the mighty $$$. If they arent playing then attendance suffers, and that means less gate revenue. Less revenue of course means less profit. It's not right and it's more recent that crap exists but it's the cold truth.

Its somehow hilarious how we keep find aways to lose games where we are way much better team, like against Washington, they made 5 goal for only 18 shot. Dubnyk cant even catch beach ball and we dont have back up who we could use so we have to stick on Super poor Dubnyk. He has lost 9 game for us from last 11 start what he has played. We have now lost 11 game from our last 13 game, but only two of those we actually have been worse teams, rest of games, Dubnyk just allowed easy goals and we havent been able to cash from our chances. From 8-9 games we have out shot'ed and had more scoring chances than our enemy, but we just find ways to lose games. Hopefully this make us stronger in the playoffs, at least we are playing well even that we keep losing. Boudreau should mix up PP lines those has been dry too long. Dubnyk was best goalie in first half of season, but has been one of worst in second half, so he should not get vezina finalist votes. There is Bobrovsky who should win it, and then there is Holtby and Rask (yes stats are not awesome) who all out played Dubnyk, also Murray, Darling, Gibson, Talbot and Lehner is played better season when we watch overall picture.

In next summer there is a lot good goalies available hopefully we catch one of those, GM made huge error when he didnt take us better back up in the trade deadline.