NHL Season 2016-2017

von Rantala

• Platinum VIP

Thats the risk of being a coach at that level in any sport...you tend to end up being the scapegoat.  On another note, I've got high hopes for the Caps this year.  They're even more fun to watch now that their offense doesn't completely revolve around Ovechkin.  I just hope we can manage to stay healthy and our defense continues to perform as well as they have, especially with Carlson out of the lineup at the moment.

The Blues are playing really bad lately, they're almost out of the playoffs. They should be at the top, so it kinda make sense

Armstrong (GM) is guilty person here not Hitchock. GM let Captain walk free, (losing captain matter more than losing any other player, no matter if he was playing greatly or not) new captain havent got team play together. Then he let great two way powerforward Brower walk away free. Then he traded number one goalie and who he take to replace all the losted players, Carter Hutton. He cant replace Elliott or all those others who did leave. Yeah Perron came back too, but team just lost two biggest players (Elliott and Backes) and have problem player Tarasenko in the roster as Alternate. Bad leader can destroy team, look at what Richards did in FLY. (Yes he won two cup in LAK, but not in leader spot). Roster have also couple big contract player who are way too overrated by GM. Like Stastny, Lehterä, and Allen. Only star players are Tarasenko (who can ruin atmosphere in the lockerroom, not good team player), Steen (who should have been named as Captain) and Schwartz. So they dont have secondary scoring, they dont have star players in the second and third line as most of those who are in playoff spot have, Dallas have secondary scoring and they our outside and couple other outside team too, but STL dont have secondary scoring, they defence group is solid and one of bests in NHL, but they need help in scoring and better goalie game, and those are reasons why they are playing bad, no matter how good coach you are, if you have poor tools you cant win games. Btw how you can see that they should have been in top?

• Like 1

It touch me everytime when i watch this video

Its just show how special Habs fans are and how special Saku Koivu was/is to them! Havent fine anything like that from NHL before! That amount of noice is just amazing.

Edited by von Rantala

Great game from Wild yesterday. Granlund got his first hatrick :) Boudreau sayed before game that Granny is best playmaker winger what he had in his teams in his career. Its tell a lot how good player Granny is. It was nice to see Granny smile, i think it was first smile in his face this year, he also dont cheer his goals like other player do.

Here you can see goals and how less he cheers those goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOY3rh19r6Y

Koivu should win Selke in this year, he is player awesome season.

Some SS from last games. To show how good season we are playing.

2017_01_27_1.png

2017_01_27.png

These stats are from last 3 year, if you count from time when Dubnyk came to Wild he would lead all categories. But in these stats there is counted time in ARI too, when he was back up to Smith, what lower is totall numbers little bit.

2017_02_02_1.png

2017_02_02_2.png

Stats from last 9 road game, taken before lost against Calgary.

2017_02_02.png

2017_02_05_3.png

Zucker had more fun after Granlund posted Hattrick than Granny had :) Just great moment of the game, had to take in SS.

• Like 1

Koivu line has gone three game without goal, but daam how many chances they had in those three game, when goal come there probably come a lot more in same game thats close they have been. Koivu played again monster game against TBL made great chance to Parise to win it in overtime, but Vasilievsky played great game in goal.

Here come beautiful game winning goal in shootsout by Koivu ofc

https://www.nhl.com/video/koivus-shootout-winner/t-283340676/c-49296703

Koivu line has gone three game without goal, but daam how many chances they had in those three game, when goal come there probably come a lot more in same game thats close they have been. Koivu played again monster game against TBL made great chance to Parise to win it in overtime, but Vasilievsky played great game in goal.

Here come beautiful game winning goal in shootsout by Koivu ofc

https://www.nhl.com/video/koivus-shootout-winner/t-283340676/c-49296703

happy your team is doing well there  fun to watch :)

Edited by D..X
  • Like 1

happy your team is doing well there  fun to watch :)

Yeah :) did you saw that Hawks game? That was  good example how entertaining our games are, our Defenders take part of offence, sometimes D-man is behind goal line (in offence zone) badling pucks and Center take his spot in the blue line. I am so happy to see that Koivu have finally got some recognasation too. Granlund play is just so enjoyable to watch, he create so much chances and now with Boudreau he can challange defenders and hold puck more than before and that has got him a lot points. Parise is also played greatly lately, he is just so unlucky in this season, he should have got 10 point more in his last 5 game.

Edited by von Rantala

One of all time best two way forwards get his number retired by Dallas https://www.nhl.com/news/jere-lehtinen-number-to-be-retired-by-stars/c-286692028  Congratz Jere it was well earned. he became fourth Fin to get his jersey retired, players before him Jari Kurri (EDM) Teppo Numminen (WPG/PHO/ARI) and Teemu Selänne (ANA)

Btw two Fin who in my mind earn to get they jersey retired also are Saku Koivu (MTL) and Esa Tikkanen (EDM). Tikkanen is five time Stanley winner. Its wrong that he havent been added to Hockey of Half fame yet, he was Selke finalst two or three time and is in top 14 in the goals in the playoffs. All front of him in playoff goals are in the Hockey Hall of Fame and i think he is only guy who have won at leasts 5 Stanley but is not in Hockey Hall of Fame. If he would be Canada born player he would be in there already. Its hard to get in the Hockey hall of fame if you are not Canadien born player.

Havent followed so much news from NHL than before, but this is in my mind story of season https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/nyi-vs-ott/2017/02/11/2016020816#game=2016020816,game_state=final and i mean Craig Anderson, he played shutout after he heart that his wife got cancer and played shutout in first game after break what he take to care his wife. Should win Masterton Trophy in this year.

Edited by von Rantala

First period against Wings is over and o boy what period from Koivu. Two great assist what lead goal and two great assist what didnt lead goal. Koivu again was great in the first period and i was so happy to hear that he finally got recognasation from  NBC commentators. Our own commentators (Foxsport) dont give a lot credit to Koivu, instead to Staal, Granlund, Dubnyk, Suter and Parise, but not to Koivu. All those names earned recognasation but so dose Koivu too. Great game on going!

Edited by von Rantala

Great game from Wild and from Koivu. Two assist for Koivu and he saved two goal also, for good stick handling and blocking. All what you need from your Captain and all what you need for best two way player of NHL, best in offesive zone and best in defence zone.

Now to sleep!

cant wait till they play Toronto will be fun to watch :)

this also made me lol guy should get acting award :P check the clip

http://www.hockeyinsiders.net/2017/02/12/video-ref-gives-most-epic-penalty-call-ever-during/

Edited by D..X
  • Like 2

Woah super frustrating game against Ducks. Was annoyng to watch how lucky someone can be. Gibson played great game and stole game for ducks, its happen to everyone once or twice in season that opposite goalie stole game, but we was not able to put puck in the net in our chances when Gibson was out. Then we gave very weak goal and lost because that. Sometimes hockey is ugly and unequal as all sport, but sometimes when you are in winning site, you can cheer your goalie. Dubnyk has stole couple game for us so lets forgive one easy goal what lead to lost. We have played great hockey lately, even that we lost against ducks (we cant win all games) we played good and solid offensive hockey. You never want lose, but this lose is easier to accept, because we was better team and would win 99 time of 100. Sometimes you just hit to hot goalie.

Btw Julien is new coach in Habs, that made habs a lot better team and is bigger move than anyone else can do in trade deadline or in middle of season. Julien is top 3 coach in the league and this move make Habs favorite team from east to reach in Stanley finals. Yes they defence is little bit thin and they would need more wide in the third line and maybe would welcome big center, but with Bergevin they have best GM and with Julien top coach. Julien can boost players to play better.

Btw Julien is new coach in Habs, that made habs a lot better team and is bigger move than anyone else can do in trade deadline or in middle of season. Julien is top 3 coach in the league and this move make Habs favorite team from east to reach in Stanley finals. Yes they defence is little bit thin and they would need more wide in the third line and maybe would welcome big center, but with Bergevin they have best GM and with Julien top coach. Julien can boost players to play better.

they desperately needed a change in coaching. the players weren't listening to him and every spring the team would seem lost, no motivation. it certainly can't hurt to put julien in there at this time of year.

also, Nyquist gets 6 games for this??? are you serious, only 6 six games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7MT4L-x72M

• Like 1

also, Nyquist gets 6 games for this??? are you serious, only 6 six games?

To Nyquist's defense, he's not known to be a dirty player, was never suspended. With his reaction, I honestly believe that this is not what he meant to do.

I think he just wanted to slash him in the chest but failed completely lol

• Like 1