NHL Season 2016-2017

von Rantala

What a grazy game against Dallas, it was third time in two season time when Dallas came behind and made 4 goal, we have lead by 4 goal three time before and they have come and win two time and now they come tie. Wild has come two time four goal behind, and one time it stopped in the goalline in the playoffs, look like we always play goal rich and grazy games against Dallas. Main point is that WE LEAD WESTERN now! Second time my Wild lead Western Conference in my era of watching them. I enjoyed both game so much and whole season has been great. Its great that we play great hockey, its entertaining to watch our games. Now against Hawks. Lets win them :) Kuemper played game against Dallas, his stats show that we need to make 4 goal to win games when he play, its too much,  we need to look out solid back up goalie in trade deadline.

Dubnyk has best save%, GA% and most shutouts, after his trade to WIld. Meaning better stats than Price or Holtby have, better stats than two Vezina winner, its should be time to give some recognasation to Dubnyk, if i am correct he was third or first in wins too. Dubnyk still dont get recongnasation what he earn even that his stats is best from last three year, still ppls think that he should prove his value. If he continue as he played in first half, he should be easy selection of Vezina and nominee to Hart trophy too.

Edited by von Rantala

So minor update on my fantasy team when its half season point. I let Haula walk away because Aho (CAR) and Rantanen (COL) did take regular spots from they team and Gabriel (MIN) has got games now and then. I started Raanta as my back up,  but when Saros was called from AHL, i choose´d him and Raanta has never played in my team. I had to choose two goalie before season started and then i decided that if Saros will get back up role in NSH i let my old back up walk away without mark in the my stats/team. Still waiting if Rämö will make contract and then i will sign him as my third goalie.

Dumba has played very well lately but i miss 50+ point defender in my lineups, Määttä has take minor step backforwards in his progress and Brodin, Beauchemin, Scandella are more defensive defenders. Waiting little bit more from Vatanen too. My forwards tho has played awesome season, i am in 8 place in scoring, and my young players Niederreiter, Zucker and Granlund has take big step forward in they progress, plus Aho and Rantanen playing very solid rookie seasons. From veterans Koivu is playing solid season and Parise is getting his game back after injuries. Hartnell make good production from minor ice time what he get in CLB. Stewart has been mazing, not make huge amount points because playing in fourth line, but his hearth is big and he is always ready to fight but he is not dirty player, he is huge team player. He has come idol/fav player to me in this year. Only Jokinen has been minor disappointment in point production, but he will pick his space. Goalies has been my strongest point, Dubnyk is leading NHL with SV%, GA% and Shutouts and is second in Wins. Saros has outplayed Rinne in NSH and posted amazing numbers in his eight game, so was right to believe him even before first NHL games.

Here come my stats, line ups and roster.

102.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

Edited by von Rantala

Its somehow interesting how you can have grudge against some teams, they keep winning you in different style no matter how you play or played lately, we lost game against NJ (6 lost game from last 7 game agains NJ) and we did not play poor game at all, i think we was better team and shots and scoring chances proove that also, we just didnt have luck with some situations, yes one time we had when (NJ) puck stopped in the goal line, but when NJ got chance they scored almost 100% time. Schneider played great game in NJ goal. I saw how mad Boudreau was after game, that is what i want see from coach and you can be sure that he will delivere message to our players after game. We lead 2-0 and 3-2 but lost lead two time. (Boudreau didnt lose any game in last year with Ducks when they did lead after second period) Parise was  -3 he is only forward who's plus/minus is minus. He has played awfull season, i has gave him time because he had injuries in start of season, but its feel like he is in ice everytime when puck go to our net, and when he play with Staal, Staal look more like avarage player. Coyle-Staal-Niederreiter line was awesome, but Boudreau dont have a lot chances, he have to play Parise in top 2 line because his salary and his status in team and just hope and wait that Parise find his game. Boudreau has done great job, but if i would be him i would just be brave and put Parise in third line. I probably give Parise time for trade deadline and then look out if i swap him to Vanek. After season i probably have to let him go anyway because Niederreiter and Granlund contracts will end and both will get 3+ milj bump to they salaries. I was disappointent after lost game, but afterwards i can be proud that we didnt play poor game what we have done before against weaker teams, we just cant win all games, we are 17-2-1 in last 20 games. Its best of whole NHL. Yes there was couple things where we have to better, like go to back our defence what we had in start of season, Dubnyk gave couple easy goal (he cant be hero in every game) and first line have to play better game. If we fix those we will win our next game again.

Ps. Boudreau bench our first line in the end of game and didnt give them time in 6vs5 situaton instead he used our best line Granlund-Koivu-Zucker and Haula line. It was rigthly done and i started to love Boudreau more and more, he has brave to do those kind things. Ofc i still worrie if he start favor players as he did in WSH and ANA. (Not so much in last seasons in Ducks), plus Boudreau is known of "destroying" veterans careers, like Selänne, and Knuble. He dont give a lot ice time to Veterans players, those worries me, but let see if he learned from past, only time will tell.

PS2. Just watched Boudraeu post game interview where he sayed that "i regred of putting wrong guys in the ice in some situations" thats no no, we have won 17 game from last 20. After one lost you cant blame players openly. Let see how its affect us. Ofc it can have good affect on players too, if they recongnised them self on his saying. Let see, but for me its sound little bit hard.

Edited by von Rantala

Hilarious Sharks commercial with Brent Burns and Joe Thornton....

Original commercial - 

Outtakes from commerical - 

• Like 4

Dam it Brodin will be out next 4 week :/ We re-called Mike Reilly from AHL. But i would like to see that we use Zucker in the second PP in the blueline, he has good shot and he is fast skater if needed to defence. Just saw Vanek assist from last night, daam i miss him in the Wild, i think we made mistake when we did buy out him instead of Pomminville, i thought that rightway after we bought out Vanek and this year has show me that i was right. I had to choose between him, or Parise. (because salary cap) Now look like my choise was incorret in Fantasy team also, i love Vanek attidute (yes his defence lack what was reason that i choosed Parise) but he is good leader and gentleman in the ice and off the ice. Parise has big heart and his baddle lvl his high, he is not so good leader as Vanek, but his baddle lvl is impressive when he dose play with burn. This year we just havent see old Parise yet. If you compate Vanek and Parise they are like day and night. With Vanek his attidute make biggest impression and with Parise his baddle lvl.

• Like 1

So hows situation with Laine, any news when hes back?

He skated for the first time yesterday, still no timetable for his return though

• Like 1

We won game against Arizona, we made it little bit harder that it should have been. Dubnyk is little bit sturgling atm, but that has happened all the latest Vezina winners except Price and Thomas in they vezina years too. Meanin all goalies who has won Vezina in last years has sturgled in some point of season. Dubnyk still make those key saves when needed. Price and Lundqvist has sturgled too lately.

This situation made me mad!

208.jpg

There was three arizona guy tussling with Koivu and Prosser and Scandella just stanted in the blue line and didn't do anything, daam i was mad, when you touch Captain players should come to defence him, Granlund and Zucker was tussling with they own players, so it was Scandella and Prosser job to come and help Koivu. I know foto is little bit poor, but give you sight what was happening. At the end Koivu and Crulse was tussling and referree put stop on that, it was end of second period. Then come third period and in first shift where Stewart was in ice, he challanged Crulse and showed that you cant touch Captain. I was cheering for Stewart and daam i have to say that i love him more and more every time when he is playing, he doing so much for the team in fourth line role. My hockey motto has been always been that fourth line player is as important than your star player and Stewart showed why. It gave boost to whole team again as he dose so many time already.

Btw Boudreau put Parise in third line as i wished. He is great coach, he have courage to move star players to lower line when they sturgle and give more time to those who are playing well, he has sayed that its his style to coach and he keep his word. In the end of game he didnt play Parise in the PK either, where Parise normally play with Staal in second PK unit, instead he used Haula in there and double shifted Koivu. Plus he used second PP unit more when its has been better lately. I like how he keep his word and no favoring players atm.

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

Wooow what a game from Wild again, we was behind 2-3 when only 8 min left to game, then i was thinking that daam we had our chances, two post from great places, but boys didnt give up, they was puhing and made three goal in the end. Wild fans was standing last five minute of game and noise was huge, biggest roars of season. We have to tight up our defence tho, we cant give 3-4 goal in every game. Dubnyk was not sharpest in the start, but he again made that one huge save when ducks was in breakaway by Perry, its again show how great goalie Dubnyk is, even that he is strugling, he still can make those key saves in key time of game. Koivu awesome game in two way cost him some points but dam how well he is played in both ways, he has been minus player only 8 time in 45 game and only once he has been -2. In last 27 game he has been minus player only two time.

btw WTF is happening in TBL. They have one of best groups in NHL and they are far away from division lead and second last in coference. Yes TBL defence has been question mark for several years already and they weak spot and big goal against percent show that they have defenced poorly, but they are not so bad as GA% is now. Time to change coach! Would be interesting if they give chance to Todd Richard or Gerard Gallant. There is not big coach names free, but Richards is good coach. Maybe they wait what will Boston do with Julien, but it will huge error if they kick Julien out so they should not wait that. Joker card could be Phil Housley (NSH) i think with Scott Stevens (MIN) he is best assist coach in NHL. Housley would do good job with Tampa.

Edited by von Rantala

Koivu was out because flu and we lost the game. It was not only reason why we lost the game, but we was in huge difficulties in face-offs where he is our key guy. His line (without him) made one goal, but also allowed one goal. Koivu should be ready to play against Dallas. Our tie'ing chance hit to post and we didnt get two PP what we should have got in the third period, and last goal was saveable for Kuemper those was reasons why we lost the game. We also have to start defence better and try to look new back up in the trade deadline.

Edited by von Rantala

Got new PC in friday and monitor yesterday, today was able to connect all together and watch game against Dallas, i was so amazed when i saw HD feed, havent watch NHL hockey in HD feed before, woow how good it looked, and didnt lag at all as i had lagged before. I have 24 inch screen now, my old was 15. So its huge difference. I was so so hoping that we win my first game what i watch from my new pc and screen and we did it by shootout. Wow what a thriller it was. Koivu again played huge game, first made PP goal and then tie'ing shootout goal to keep us alive and then i screemed STEWIIIIEEEE so much that my troath is sore now lol, this guy is just amazing fourth line guy who fight, make goals and is great in shootouts. Couple ss from my new pc, i dont know if you can see what is my resolution by those.

2017_01_25_2.pngadult image hosting

2017_01_25_3.pngpc screenshot

2017_01_25_4.pngimage posting

Stewie face is prizeless after he made game winning goal in shootout

2017_01_25_8.pngtemporary image hosting

2017_01_25_5.pngfree photo upload

Lol its added some stupid links after my photos. Anyone know good pic sharing site, my normal is down. And tinypic is slow.

• Platinum VIP

My team is FINALLY starting to look good, The Sabres with OT wins vs Detroit, Montreal and now Nashville in their last 3 games!

Lol its added some stupid links after my photos. Anyone know good pic sharing site, my normal is down. And tinypic is slow.

Photobucket

• Like 1

Photobucket

Granlund has played awsome season. He could be our next Captain when Koivu retires. Our team has three ex captain Pommiville, Staal and Parise, but Granlund is also huge leader and get good exampe from Koivu and from our Alternates. Would be interesting to see when Granlund get A in his shirt. Could take some of time because we have so great leaders in team like Koivu (Captain of Captains) and Parise, Suter, Pommiville and Staal.