NHL Season 2016-2017

von Rantala

You must be disappointed with Finland's poor performance in the World Junior tournament.

Not had time to watch tournament at all, hear from news that we played poorly. Maybe players additude was wrong, maybe they was waiting too much after last year victory. Who knows, coach who was behind bench is very good coach, so you cant only blame him.

• Like 1

Blaah there gone Calder trophy, sad that it gone for the injury, very sad, he would have been second finnish player to win it (if he would win it). But in middle season point where we are now rookie of the season would be Werenski from Columbus, his impact to team has been bigger than any other rookie.

We won Anaheim yesterday (sunday in USA time), was great game, we again came behind and win it, Koivu point streak ended, but he made couple good scoring chance, puck just did not go in for those. I started to see that Boudreau start to favor first powerplay unit, in first 30 games he gave PP time very equally, but now he started to favor that first unit, it has been better unit, but second unit has done very good job too with limited time. This season has been my favorite season after season 2009-2010 (when Niittymäki was starter in TB) it has been great to see Koivu playing good season and team playing best hockey what i have never seen before. We have same roster what we had couple last season, but now we have coach behind bench and thats huge factor, we started to play with our skills and with heard. Its feel little bit frustrating to catch Hawks tho, we are 16-2-4 from our last 22 game, but we are still two point behind Hawks because they played 4 game more than us. Lol when we started our streak we was 6 point behind, and even amount of games played. Hawks played good hockey too and its hard to catch teams in current NHL. EU style of points is better where winner get 3 point, loser 0. Overtime/shoutout winner get 2 point and overtime/shoutout loser get 1 point, is better.

I see next game in sunday, so there come 6 day break for games, friend coming to visit in the weekend.

Such a clean hit, heads up kid :) and he is lucky ... wouldn't like to see what scott stevens would have done.. that's a big problem these days, kids think they won't get big hit because of all suspensions around head hits, and concussions. The game is fast but heads up is the first thing to do, and I like hockey this way... nhl now is overprotecting players and the result is skating heads down.. too bad for laine and us really liked to see him play.. 

Laine leveled and concussed...he's out indefinitely.

ouch....it hurts even to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fDbgXJTFGo

• Like 1

Such a clean hit, heads up kid :) and he is lucky ... wouldn't like to see what scott stevens would have done.. that's a big problem these days, kids think they won't get big hit because of all suspensions around head hits, and concussions. The game is fast but heads up is the first thing to do, and I like hockey this way... nhl now is overprotecting players and the result is skating heads down.. too bad for laine and us really liked to see him play.. 

very true. and to take an open ice pass like that with your head down, a suicide pass is just nuts to think your not going to get hit. eric lindros had his career end because of the same type of hit in the same place.

• Like 1

Yeah it was clean hit, and have to give respect to referees also, you can cleary hear them yelling players "heats up" almost every game, not in this time, but many times, only league what doing so. Even that i dont always agree decisions what referees do in the game, they still doing great job in NHL if you comparate to other sports or EU hockey.

Btw we are closing to Trade deadline (1.mar) Bishop and Fleury has been in the rumors. Even that i say couple year ago that Vasilievsky can take starter job in TBL and be better goalie than Bishop now i started to think that Bishop would be better choise for TBL, he is more reliable, he is two time Vezina finalist and even that Vasilievsky has played well, Bishop has been better, this year stats favor Vasilievsky, but still i would choose Bishop. Ofc salary cap situation is bigger reason why Bishop is in the trade rumors, but i would be ready to trade Vasilievsky and Filppula to make room for Bishop contract.

Fleury vs Murray i would choose Murray, in time what he have been in PIT he has been better than Fleury who never been in the top 5 goalie in the league, time to time Fleury is super good, but in overall he is avarage goalie who has got advange to playing behind so good team. Lets not forget his troubles in the playoffs also in last 4+ years. In two Cup final year, he was very good in goal, after that not so good. He is still good starter for most of team in NHL and behind good defence team can put good stats and maybe close to vezina race, but Murray would still be better choise in the goal.

Rinne vs Saros. I would choose Saros every day. Rinne is good goalie, but  think Saros is most promising goalie in the world and will be better than Rinne in two year and if Saros get good team front of him, he can win several Vezina trophys, to win Vezina you need good team front of you, so its not easy to win Vezina even that you would be best goalie. Saros can be and will be best goalie of NHL in future even that he is small goalie. Let see what Nashville will do in future, Rinne has lost best touch from his game and has been very irregular last 4+ year. Rinne could go to STL. But Rinne trade we will not be seen in this year.

Just read Allstar selections and you can cleary see that it was again full of horse shit. Hawks got 4 player in again. So wrong to others, there should have been Staal in. Its not surprise that NHL favor big markets teams and those get more players in the event than rest, but Hawks favorism is just too rich. Ofc these events are useless, never watched and probably never will, that one team get four player in when rest get one or two is wrong and when its same team every year its just horse shit. Putting Crawford before Dubnyk is just sick. Favorism as best.

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

THE CAREER ENDER SCOTT STEVENS

i haven't seen that in so long, man i forgot what that hit looked like. here's another picture of him with the team that went viral way back...

00016cb.jpg

• Like 1

Just read Allstar selections and you can cleary see that it was again full of horse shit. Hawks got 4 player in again. So wrong to others, there should have been Staal in. Its not surprise that NHL favor big markets teams and those get more players in the event than rest, but Hawks favorism is just too rich. Ofc these events are useless, never watched and probably never will, that one team get four player in when rest get one or two is wrong and when its same team every year its just horse shit. Putting Crawford before Dubnyk is just sick. Favorism as best.

Toews doesnt deserve to be there but instead I would have taken Panarin before Staal... They pick one player from each team than fill the rest with the best. Staal might have a good season but others are much better.

Suter is there too, you have 2 players from the Wild. What can we do if Chicago has a lot of good players lol

And Crawford's name start with a "C",...Dubnyk with a "D"....it's just alphabetical order lol.

Toews doesnt deserve to be there but instead I would have taken Panarin before Staal... They pick one player from each team than fill the rest with the best. Staal might have a good season but others are much better.

Suter is there too, you have 2 players from the Wild. What can we do if Chicago has a lot of good players lol

And Crawford's name start with a "C",...Dubnyk with a "D"....it's just alphabetical order lol.

Washington have same amount of good players than Chicago same can be say for Pittsburgh who is champ, i thought that champ would get more players, but no it was Chicago again as every year. Chicago is not only team who have a lot good players, but its only team who get a lot players in all-start game every year, CLB should have got Atkinson in there too, but nope, because team name was not Chicago they got only two player in. LoL didnt recognise that those was alphabetical order, when rest of teams got starter right and back up right :P Great example of favorism what Chicago get is that they get outdoor game every daam year, no matter if they are champ or not, i understand and agree that champ should get more visibility, example outdoor game or more players to individual trophys, but now they are not champ any more, but they still got/was playing in outdoor game.

Edited by von Rantala

THE CAREER ENDER SCOTT STEVENS

When i saw this, i thought again that maybe NHL should make open ice hits illegal. We could avoid concusions and dirty hits, (this was clean). It would change hockey a lot ofc, but could save players for injuries. What you think? I think they should at least test it.

When i saw this, i thought again that maybe NHL should make open ice hits illegal. We could avoid concusions and dirty hits, (this was clean). It would change hockey a lot ofc, but could save players for injuries. What you think? I think they should at least test it.

if its a clean hit in open ice, i have no problem with it. dirty hits of course nobody likes. players have to/must keep their head up when crossing into open ice. sure it can change someones career in a hurry, but you are taught that when you first play contact hockey. keep your head up. its one of the first things you learn as a player, along with not checking from behind into the boards. just common sense.

but i dont think there should be a rule on it. doesn't really need to be. its the player who gets hit cleanly in open ice that should always be aware of their surroundings.

Wow what a game against Habs we played :) first period was poor but then we started play great hockey and won 7-1. Shutout was sooo close that its little bit annoy that we lost it, MTL got easy call (PP) and made goal, but main point is that we won game. Price is allowed 11 goal and Dubnyk 2 in games between these two team if i remember correctly. Now time to start watch last night game against Dallas. Hopefully we play great game against them too. Then in sunday (today in your and tomorrow in my time) we will see Chicago first time, last year we won Chicago 5 time, but now in sunday it will be our first game against them. If we win Dallas we can finally overtake Chicago in sunday if we win them.

PS. Have to say that wtf MTL coach was thinking when they didnt change Price out of goal, put kept them in there.

Edited by von Rantala