NHL Season 2016-2017

von Rantala

i honestly dont know what to say mr rantala....your team beat les canadien 4-2.

they also have one of the best records in the nhl at 20-8-4...

so, if ever hear you complain about the wild again....lol

the leafs could only be so lucky

Hehe yeah, we are one of best teams in NHL, i knew that we can be NHL best team, so i am happy to see that we finally play what our potential is. Most i like our attidute, thats show me a lot promise, players play with heart now.

Tomorrow is christmas eve, and in here Finland we celebrate christmas in 24 day. So that i can watch Wild vs Rangers game tomorrow after christmas feast its great, and best christmas present would be that we win game. :)

• Like 1

Wow 10 game winning streak! Its our new record. Game against NYR was my favorite game of season. Koivu made 3 point and was +3 player and played very good game. Zucker-Koivu-Granlund line has been awesome, i waited long time that Boudreau would put Niederreiter in the Koivu line, but Zucker working in that line very well, he is scorer and fast skater. Game against NYR was best christmas present for sure, i have throat sore after i screamed so much for those goals what we made and little bit extra screaming in the goals where Koivu got point ofc :)

Good article of why Wild is playig so good hockey https://www.nhl.com/news/central-division-notebook-december-29/c-285117764?tid=277548856

Today we will take 12 win row, and then we will play against Columbus what will be my first game in new home and would be great to see game if both teams are able to come in game with long winning streaks.

• Like 1

Good article of why Wild is playig so good hockey https://www.nhl.com/news/central-division-notebook-december-29/c-285117764?tid=277548856

Today we will take 12 win row, and then we will play against Columbus what will be my first game in new home and would be great to see game if both teams are able to come in game with long winning streaks.

both teams are riding long winning streaks - 12 (Min) and 14(Cls) games.

Both teams also have the lowest goals against in the league - 71(Cls) and 72(Min).

the next game for both is Saturday in Minnesota, so if I were a betting man lol....should be entertaining

both teams are riding long winning streaks - 12 (Min) and 14(Cls) games.

Both teams also have the lowest goals against in the league - 71(Cls) and 72(Min).

the next game for both is Saturday in Minnesota, so if I were a betting man lol....should be entertaining

1-0 in shootout!!! hahaha

• Like 1

https://www.nhl.com/news/columbus-blue-jackets-and-minnesota-wild-to-put-win-streaks-on-the-line/c-285168292

Woow never been this happy on following NHL. World Championship in 2011 is my best hockey memory, but if and when Wild win Cup it would be my best hockey memory ever. Its too early to start talk on Cup, but i have to say that i enjoyed more than ever before when i watched Wild games, its so beautiful to see Boudreau behind bench and doing those changes and updates in roster when needed. He do updates to line ups in middle of games even that we are in winning streak and those pay off, he put fourth liner Schoroeder in the ice in the overtime against NSH and he made key play and assist to winning goal, he added Schroeder in the first line middle of NYI game and dropp Pomminville to fourth line, both lines made goal to us after update. Yeo didnt do those kind things, or Richards even (coach before Yeo), only best coach do those kind things. Koivu has been awesome, it has been so great to see him playing maybe his best hockey of life. He dont do huge amount of points, but his two-way play is so great to follow. Last game he was with Staal in the ice when NYI had 6vs4 powerplay, Wild got puck out of own zone, Koivu went to line change, Staal stayed in the ice. Its show that Koivu knew that if there come own zone face of he is needed more in there, so he went line change when he was able to and didnt try to get point/goal in the empty net. Koivu style is to play short shifts so he can be used more often in own zone face offs, thats why he sometimes lost points, but he care more of two-way game than points. Staal is better in offensive zone, but Koivu is better in defence and two way game.

I did wish that we can win NYI so we can meet CLB with win streak. It will be huge game and my first in my new home. Will come to be great came, no matter who win, i will try to enjoy it :)

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

Sad to see streak ended. But i enjoyed game as i promissed. Koivu line was monster in that game, rest of lines didnt get game going. We was even in score chances and shoots, but CLB made goals from every chance what they got and we didnt get good shots from our chances. Clb's had little bit more luck than we had in game. CLB streak is second longest in NHL history and they can make new record too if they continue playing as they was playing against Wild. They was solid in defence way, they goalies was good and they make goals from they chances. Ofc in some day they streak end too, and only thing what they need to do better in future is to get more scoring chances, but that was just one game and they are leading Goals for per game. So they are making a lot goals, but i think that they are in minor bubble where players over product. Now Wild have to go back to old good recipe, and defence better, in last 3 game from 4, we allowed 4 goal and before that we allowed only 2 time more than 3 goal in 30+ games, so that is our style to win games, lock defence and win those one goal games. Dubnyk has played still good hockey, last two games has been his worst of year and even with those games, he haven't gave easy goals, he just havent made those big saves what he was doing in hot streak. Next game is in thursday (friday in my time) and my friend is probably coming to visit in weekend, so its coming 1 week break from wild games for me :/.

Players which we need more are Parise and Pomminville, we give them huge salary and they are 40 point and 30 point pace. Parise i can understand i think he still have back injury slowing him down, but we should use him in third line and give Coyle play with Staal in first line. Pommiville we could scratch for couple game and give Gabriel or some other AHL player chance in fourth line.

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

Columbus won 16 game straight. I am happy for them, i did plan to watch more they games, but life got most of me, after all settle down little bit i try to watch couple of they game in the end of season and in the playoffs. GM Kekäläinen (first Finnish and EU GM in History of NHL) probably finally will get some recognasation on his good job, sure there is couple trade what could be sayed as wrong trades, example Clarkson trade, most think it was bad trade, but hey Horton who moved in Toronto havent play single game, and had about same contract  (ofc Horton contract not hit in salary cap), and some think that Hartnell trade was bad too, but Umberger havent got anything done in the Philly and is without contract now and Hartnell was in top 4 in points in the first two season in clb, and if i am correct he has made 3rd most points in his era in CLB and is sixt place now too with very small game time (about 12 min per game). Kekäläinen has also drafted very well, players like Wennberg, Werenski, Milano and Dubois is drafted by Kekäläinen and all outside of top 7.

Anyone know when rest of All-Star players will be published?

Wow What a game against SJ. First two period was awful hockey from us, only line who was playing was Zucker-Koivu-Granlund line and they did miss two empty net. But third period was so full of hockey that it covered whole game. Wild came behind two time, two time SJ lead by two goal and Wild came back two time to win game. Koivu line was beast whole game, it has been super good line for us whole season (after they was put together) Staal has been old Staal again and Dubnyk made big saves to win game. Dubnyk has allowed four goal in three game straight now, SJ game there was one easy goal and couple rebound goals, what he would not gave in hot streak, but he still made those big saves when we needed. Main reason why we has gave four goal in 5 time from past 6 games is that we stopped defence and started to attack more and leaved goalies too alone. Goalies job is to save, defenders job is to clear out rebounts so you cant blame goalies for rebounts goals (if they are not easy/bad rebounts). I am also super happy that we was able to win first game after columbus snap our winning streak. In history of sports, after your winning streak is snapped, you usually play couple bad game, but we was able to come back and win first game after lost, its show alot strenght and only good teams are able to continue winning after lost game.

Today come rare live game :) will start 23:00 finnish time. Look like Kuemper will start in the goal, thats some how impossible that always when we have EU time game Kuemper will start in goal lol :P hopefully we will win game. Hopefully Kuemper can play very good game and push Dubnyk again to play little bit better (he havent play badly, but you can always play better =)

We lost game against LAK, but that we was able to get a point against them was like a victory, we was playing very bad hockey and was able to get point because Budaj sleepy start and good 6vs4 powerplay. Kings won 8 overtime game and you cleary can see why they are so good in overtime, they was very agressive in OT and Wild have to dump puck very often, and when Kings got puck they attacked, not just hold puck as most of teams. Biggest difference and reason why they are so good in OT is that they play very agressive without puck, its eat all the time from enemy, its little bit risky tactic but pay off when its working. I am happy that we got point because kings was better team and we was playing very poor hockey, evening games are not suitable for Wild for some reason.

We have got at least point from 19 game from last 21. So we have lost only two time in regular time in last 21 game, thats awesome stat. We are 15-2-4 from our last 21 game. We are playing like we should lately, (except in this game). You cant win all the games and its show of good team if you can get a point from bad games too. Now to sleep time is 2AM here.