Possible new computer

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

But thanks to taxes my check is not what I thought it would be so instead of buying one I think I'm going to rebuild mine so if you guys would give me a good line on a motherboard, processor and video card I should be okay. I have 4 x 2 gigabyte DDR3 RAM now which I can still use or maybe I can afford to go 4 x 4 gigabyte DDR3 RAM.

I preferred not to use AMD unless it's just waiting more affordable than Intel

Edited by -=HipKat=-

But thanks to taxes my check is not what I thought it would be so instead of buying one I think I'm going to rebuild mine so if you guys would give me a good line on a motherboard, processor and video card I should be okay. I have 4 x 2 gigabyte DDR3 RAM now which I can still use or maybe I can afford to go 4 x 4 gigabyte DDR3 RAM.

I preferred not to use AMD unless it's just waiting more affordable than Intel

Give me the page where you intend to buy the parts, I will give you direct links.

• Platinum VIP

Give me the page where you intend to buy the parts, I will give you direct links.

Haven't even started looking yet, but probably start on Amazon, the New Egg

• Platinum VIP

This built seems a bit outdated. You said he throws in a PSU and HDD? I cant get over the fact that he pulls out the good stuff out and leaves you with outdated items for 600$.

for example the i7: (53months old hardware, that is over 4 years)

CPU_3770_K.jpg

The good item was the GPU:

GPU_GTX_770.jpg

850W LEPA PSU:

never heard of LEPA. Doesnt seem to be high quality. Also 850Watt is way overpowered. It will consume more energy and it will probably produce more heat.

I checked amazon and between 6 - 8 people bought/rated LEPA. for comparison: EVGA has 2300 ratings.

PSU_lepa.jpg

final:

be a bit careful with this build. It is overpriced and the components are not high quality.

He doesnt give you the decent items like the GPU. (Why would he even put it into the listing... well...)

If you can get the build for ~400$, i would say go for it. this leaves you with 200$ for a nice GPU and the risk that you have to replace items because they are a bit older.

for 600$ you have a decent budget. There are a couple of people here that know what they are talking about and you can trust us more than some random craigslist person. Like the other members stated in previous posts, building your own PC might be a good option.

That's an awesome review. Thank you!! Ihad already seen the processor was old and for all I know, t hat thing is worn out, been running hot, etc so off the list.

• Like 1