How to detect !shuffle switchers - Enemy Territory

redy.

This tutorial speaks about people switching after shuffle and how to identify them.

Rules:

We have a rule in place that teams should be balanced. It is not allowed that players switch after shuffle when it affects the team balance.

http://fearless-assa..._Basics#Shuffle

The tricky part is to see who switched. I setup the tutorial with a couple of shuffle examples. Every example shows a common situation. Some are considered ok, while others hurt the team balance.

Example 1.) How does a shuffle look in the console

Let us see how a shuffle looks in the console

image.jpg

When a shuffle happens all players get marked as "xxx entered the game"

If someone is spec he will not be marked as "entered the game" (gets important in the next picture)

- - - - - - - -

Example 2.) a spec joins after the shuffle

Let us see how it looks when a spec joins a team after the shuffle happens. Can you identify the player?

1_example_spec_joins_ok.jpg

You are right, Kaolin joined after the shuffle. She connected, entered the game and joined the allies team.

There is no harm to what Kaolin did.

- - - - - - -

Example 3.) When you have stackers and switchers

Now we look into the illegal switch. When people stack. Try to find the bad boy!

2_switch_After_Shuffle_notok2.jpg

You are right! -=SuperChris=- switched to the other team after the shuffle. He was listed above as "-=SuperChris=- entered the game"

Shortly after that it is listed again with a new entry: "-=SuperChris=- has joined the Allied team!"

Now you can make the call if you think this will harm the team balance or if Chris is not a player that will affect the team balance negatively.

- - - - - - -

Example 4.) A mix of different things that harm team balance

This example has a lot of things going on. Try to find all of them!

4_example_disconnect_ok.jpg

The points are in the spoiler, did you find them all?

1.) Mungry disconnected, is ok but it happened after shuffle so it affects the balance

2.) .cute was not happy with the shuffle and joined specs

3.) KSL 2016 was not happy with the shuffle and joined specs

...Now we have the message that Allies have 3 extra players...

4.) The bots join in to fill the spots

5.) .cute joined the Allies team making it very stacked with 4 more players

in this example .cute and KSL 2016 were punished for switching after shuffle

- - - - - - - -

Thank you for taking the time to reading this tutorial. I hope it makes your life's a bit easier and helps to identify stackers.

Please leave comments or a star voting so i can see what you think smile.png Thanks

Edited by Fearless Staff
  • Like 4

I get a bit confused by so much text. I usually just press tab and keep pressing the screenshot button. Then I go to my screenshots and I can see the history of the last seconds. If I still doubt I can use the console text.

A matter of preference :). Good idea for a tutorial!

• Like 1

All that could be prevented if we have a lock down after shuffle for around 30sec and then deal with anyone who would still intend to switch teams and make them uneven.

• Like 8

Just pull \scores right after doing a shuffle and in silent servers before\after 22-21s Warmup time mark, good to check which player was in which teams.

I have to check that out. Thnx Vanaraud