Protien ?

Mr.Karizmatic

Well i have been going to the GYM lately from past month little on off but i m going ... and i m thinking of taking protien.. i m not aiming for body building stuff etc just normal good physique.. so i m confused in what should i use like protiens such as mass gainers or weight gainers.... and are the both different.. if yes what u guys prefer... little help....

why do u  need that?! just do it with food. the strongest man afaik is vegan ;)

Edited by schNee

Mass would be for the muscle and weight for your body..

That "little on off" wan't do you any good with or w/o suplements like proteins or such. If you don't have some schedule and routine you will just throw your money for nothing. If you're not aiming for as you say bodybuilding stuff then you might just not need these.

Idk about your body structure, like hight weight, percentege of fatt etc. If you allready go to the gym I'm sure there is some personal trainer working there so you can ask him for advice.

In my experince in Proteins & other supplement shops are working ppl who don't know shit about anything. And they will just wash your brain with some "expert talk" wich they read and memorized on the internet. And make you buy so much shit that you don't even newd, just so they can earn few $ extra.

So IMO, if you're into just a normal physique, make a schedule 3 x gym (like monday, thursday & friday) 2x running as a cardio excercise all muscle training and a good way to burn any extra fatt (on thuesdays & thursdays). Usually I left weekends to rest, but when you start training serious you will become an excersise junkie, so probably you will only be left with sunday to rest. Rest is also important as the exercise, so don't push yourself too much .

Than you may make yourself an eating schedule. I tend to eat 7x a day, in small meals. Ceriall, fruit frape, rice & turkey/chicken white meat, salat, eggs omlet, peanutts & some dry fruit, and for the dinner fish. In such meal you have everything you need for your organism and body, vitamins minerals proteins....

Well at least that worked for me so far.

Well when I went first time on a ship I lost16 kg's in 6 months so I was dissapointed and quitted with everything. I shouldn't have. Now I started again as I did before. And i coudln't feel any better. What I wanted to say with this, don't expect miracles over night, and if you want to see some results don't expect to see that with going once in a gym in 10 days or smthing, drinking any supplement w/o some hard work is pointless. And funny AF.

So plan, make a schedule, make a program for daily meals, don't be lazy, believe in yourself and most important work hard and be patiente. But stick with some program you make.

• Like 2

i go to gym 6day a week for 1hour nd do the excercise... im 5ft8inch and weight 65kgs... i have no fat whatsoever in me..... i want to use this cause to gain some good muscle or i must say shape size.... nothing too much which look really bad.... 

You can go every day 3 times but w/o some program that would be also for nothing :D check http://www.bodybuilding.com there you can find guidance, products & everything. But if you want to use proteins than be sure to check also aminoacid, for faster muscle recovery after exercise.

Since no one actually recommended any products, I will.  Pre-workout: Mesomorph, Post-workout: Isomorph.  If you're under 18 you shouldn't take Mesomorph.  You gotta read up a lot about this stuff because you have to cycle off certain chemicals.  If you get Mesomorph don't take any other creatine, since it has a good dose of creatine nitrate.  Please read a lot about this, research every chemical.  

Eh? Whats gamestate doing here? And all in those flashy colours:P Don´t turn your back on him or you are being instagibbed.

Well I´m not going to gym but now I know why they started producing meals like this: http://www.valio.ee/en/products/quark/valio-profeel-quark-cream/valio-profeel-pineapple-proteincurd-cream-200g

I would as others above advise you to get a personalised program for you. I am not a big fan of those protein shakes, but probably they will do fine if they made by people who know what they do (adding kreatinine makes no sense for me). But I think nature gives us enough protein rich stuff to enjoy.. For example france cottage cheese, eggs and meat..

3-4 times a week with 8-12 reps (3-4 series, depending on the literature you favour) with a weight that you can do 12 times, but not 13. It doesn't matter if i.e. you can only get 12-12-9 or 12-11-10, but if you're able to get a 13nd in one series you're doing it wrong (Rehaboom, T. vd Golberg / KRS system / Oddvar-Holten diagram (google that one if you like, it's self explanatory)

If you have practically no fat as you say, and you're as small as you are, you won't gain much from cardiotraining. So stick to a 20-25 min warmup (best is rowing machine) but make sure you learn your limits (i.e. use the Borg scale: http://physiowinnipeg.com/physiowpgalt/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Borg-Scale-of-Perceived-Exertion-230x300.jpg ; you'll want to sit around 12-13 for your warmup cardio)

Training more often than 3-4 times a week using the right weights will only strain your muscles. Typically, muscles' supercompensation (the time in which they are stronger than originally) is between 48 and 72 hours, so it's best to have 1 day of rest between strength exercizing. Obviously, if you train different groups of muscles entirely, you can take turns (Monday lower extremities, Tuesday upper extremities and torso)

And for Gods sake. Everybody forgets to train their rotator cuff. Train your rotator cuff. It'll save you shoulder issues in the nearby future. 

• Like 2

If you want mass use proteins,don't be steroidhead to use steroids :P
i training kickbox,i have clean training without creatine and suplements,if you not want to buy proteins,eat more food which have more calories,and good combinate is to eat more fruits and vegetables and meat.Don't go at GYM 6 days and one day rest at week.Train 3 days one day rest,3 days train one rest.Body need time and rest to become stronger :).I training more than one years like that,and i have 65 kg,i m tall 177 and i can on bedz press 80 kg.Just patience need,when i start i can only 40 :)

• Like 1

why do u need that?! just do it with food. the strongest man afaik is vegan ;)

You can do it with food, but way more expensive. Also this is pretty practical when you can't cook or make something decent every hour. The shake's contain everything you need. Plus it's Quick.

• Like 1

You can do it with food, but way more expensive. Also this is pretty practical when you can't cook or make something decent every hour. The shake's contain everything you need. Plus it's Quick.

imo, protein shakes can be good if they does t consist the wrong stuff. This is inportant since lots of companies put in stuff which isnt good. Too much kreatinine wont be good either. Protein (shakes) is important for recovery so if you wont have a normal meal within an hour a (proper) shake can help. If you have a regular meal soon after excersize it only gives you more calories. After my last post I went to search for scientific effidence for and uptill now this is what I found, beside the basic knowledge I have being a doc, getting often people on my outdoor clinic with problems after stuff they take for muscle training.

In terms of staying fit, you don't have to take protein. While it certainly helps to get more mass, if you're just trying to stay healthy then you don't need it. 

On the other hand, if you do want to get bigger, you'll have to start lifting weights and eating more food in general.

If this is your go to, I suggest working on core body building techniques like Pushups, planks and squats. Then you can go on to working with weights.

If you take protein supplements, take them before a workout and after a workout.

But for now, seeing as you probably have a fast metabolism, the best thing to do is core excersizes like pushups, squats, and planks to build your core. 

While doing that, combine it with tons of food, and not just junk. Whatever you are eating now, double it. Then give it about a month and you can start lifting weights at a basic level and taking protein supplements.

You'll be toned and over time you'll find new techniques of lifting weights and you'll find it as something like a hobby. At least that's how it is for me.

Also, don't work out if your sore, it actually destroys muscle.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

imo, protein shakes can be good if they does t consist the wrong stuff. This is inportant since lots of companies put in stuff which isnt good. Too much kreatinine wont be good either. Protein (shakes) is important for recovery so if you wont have a normal meal within an hour a (proper) shake can help. If you have a regular meal soon after excersize it only gives you more calories. After my last post I went to search for scientific effidence for and uptill now this is what I found, beside the basic knowledge I have being a doc, getting often people on my outdoor clinic with problems after stuff they take for muscle training.

so should i take protien or mass gainer.. cause i have fast metabolism and low fat... and after going to gym i do got little shape in my muscle but not much of gain.. my question is does protien help in building muscle or i need to take muscle gain for building muscle?

As I stated before I think at leats for the start you are whise to get advice from a qualified trainer who can really see you, measure you and do the proper follow up.

That said basically its simple. To loose wait you have to get an higher intake of calories then you burn/loose.

The main components you need for building up are indeed protiens. Carbohydrates and lipids are also needed. Its all about balances. So i dont agree with diets that dont want to include 1 of them. Getting low on one of them can be smart for paticular goals. In your case I dont see a reason for what I know now.

As I stated before all calories can obtained by regular food ina healthy way (lots of vegetables, low potassium). However, this can be expansive. Depending on your situation. At moments you go to the gym and dont have a meal afterwards protien shakes can help for recovering. There is no scientific proof protein help to get bigger muscles.

I think this is all the help i can give you with major advixe to get a personal advicer who can measure you follow up and give food advice (take in account what his/her background is since lots kf advicer has no real education in this stuff)