AMD new Polaris GPU lineup

Vanaraud

AMD has launched 3 GPU-s in the past 2 month period, starting with nVidias GTX 1060 rival RX 480: RX 480 review @ TH but to put things into perspective it´s better to check GTX 1060 review as nvidia launched it´s graphics card later and charts from both GPU-s are present on latter review.

They both share blows: AMD card´s fare extremely well in Vulkan game(s): in DOOM they tend to beat even GPU- s tier up, and in Hitman and other AMD games RX 480 are doing well also. Though nvidia´s GTX 1060 draws much less power, is more silent, is ahead in most popular games like GTAV and BF4 and still MSI 6GB version costs less. So it´s a disappointment for me(Vanaraud) to see AMD not delivering 2 aspects of graphics cards they promised: energy efficiency and price, even MSI GTX 1060 6GB 280$ costs as much than RX 480 Nitro 8GB 280$ from Sapphire. The latter being very good card for and AMD card as usual from Sapphire: http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/94969-sapphire-radeon-rx-480-nitro-4gb-8gb-oc/?page=13

The reference models cost less on both sides and maybe AMD is cheaper but personally I wouldn´t go for a card which produces 41dB of noise when gaming.

Then there´s the RX 470, which cost almost as much as RX 480 but is 13% powerful: RX 470 review @TH

Only 1 thing to say about it, see from above about RX 480 and better get RX 480 4GB version which enough for FHD gaming, which those GPU-s are best suited for.

And then there´s the RX 460. What I was waiting from it, a good value card doing as well as GTX 950 with less power draw. Well it came out just the opposite: RX 460 review @TH

It draws almost as much power as GTX 950 but FPS is wayyy below. There isn´t any passive versions out there and no versions which doesn´t require any external power besides what motherboard "handles". It´s a bit better than GTX 750Ti(@TH) but that card draws less power and there are\were passive versions out of it. Performs as r7 370 and costs as much, totally meh card for me...

I´ll add Techpowerup review here also, I think the reason GTX 950\Rx 460 end up on same bar is because they are ran on Highest detail levels, which they both can´t handle on playable frame rates. And when you set graphics level high enough then all cards end up as "beaten horses" ;)

TH- Tom´s Hardware