Jay1 laggy

excedo

Hi there fellas,

I have tried everything, different graphical settings, different connectio settings, lag o meter keeps going down to 14-18 most of the time.

Is it the amount of players on Jay1 that makes it's so laggy? Or is it really client side. Jay2 seems so smooth compared too Jay1...

Do anyone else having the same? Also tried WinMTR but no packet lose... I love Jay1, but the lag is killing my fun. :(

- Equalz

• Like 1

Hi there fellas,

I have tried everything, different graphical settings, different connectio settings, lag o meter keeps going down to 14-18 most of the time.

Is it the amount of players on Jay1 that makes it's so laggy? Or is it really client side. Jay2 seems so smooth compared too Jay1...

Do anyone else having the same? Also tried WinMTR but no packet lose... I love Jay1, but the lag is killing my fun. :(

- Equalz

Having the same issue as u, even if the amount of players are around 30-40 it's still unsmooth for me comparing all of that with Jay2, i only get lags if the server gets really full, which is normally up to 40+ players, otherwise the difference is like day and night compared between jay1 and jay2.

Post your winMTR and lagometer screenshots.

post-649-0-66915100-1471117273_thumb.jpg

Are by any chance jay1 and Hardcore on same host? Cus it seems im having at both servers same issue, while jay2 and silent1 works flawlessly for me, same goes for playing, at jay2 and silent my game is incredibly more smoother and im able to hit a lot more than comparing to two other servers where it seems that i always have some issues with lags and hitting enemy at general.

• Platinum VIP

Jay 1 has been like that for a long time. I have my cfg trimmed down a lot plus 1gb internet and it's almost 125 steady until certain maids that are highly detailed, outside, like Capuzzo, which is the worst. FPS lag is brutal

Jay 1 has been like that for a long time. I have my cfg trimmed down a lot plus 1gb internet and it's almost 125 steady until certain maids that are highly detailed, outside, like Capuzzo, which is the worst. FPS lag is brutal

ye I checked myself also the fps I can handle 200 to jay1 but atm of the ss I only had 125 and there were many others that had this too 

• Administrators

Having the same issue as u, even if the amount of players are around 30-40 it's still unsmooth for me comparing all of that with Jay2, i only get lags if the server gets really full, which is normally up to 40+ players, otherwise the difference is like day and night compared between jay1 and jay2.

attachicon.giflagometer.jpg

Are by any chance jay1 and Hardcore on same host? Cus it seems im having at both servers same issue, while jay2 and silent1 works flawlessly for me, same goes for playing, at jay2 and silent my game is incredibly more smoother and im able to hit a lot more than comparing to two other servers where it seems that i always have some issues with lags and hitting enemy at general.

Those red spikes are normal cos we limit getstatus. I think the software which u are using sends the request and we limit it from same IP. i.e. 

You send request and it replies to only one and ignores next 2 or 3. So u see red spike. Hence continuous red spike. Also ping request might get drop since same IP is sending getstatus request on continuous basis. That's why use winMTR. 

I runned mtr constant but really nothing to be seen on however this is the issue I took a ss of the lag o meter and many have the same issue

attachicon.gifjay1lagmeter.jpg

Open sky is not the best way to judge FPS. You will always get less FPS in open sky. 

• Administrators

Their is packet limitation in 10 yr old game. Your internet has nothing to do with it. Unless someone re-writes network part of Engine code their is nothing much we can do. 

I was playing on Jay1 few mins back and I can fairly hold 125 FPS stable. As long as you get more then 15 snaps on pub server, you should be good. 

Their is packet limitation in 10 yr old game. Your internet has nothing to do with it. Unless someone re-writes network part of Engine code their is nothing much we can do. 

I was playing on Jay1 few mins back and I can fairly hold 125 FPS stable. As long as you get more then 15 snaps on pub server, you should be good.

Doubt ET's engine will be open source any time soon.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Doubt ET's engine will be open source any time soon.

It is. 

#############

Any one tried using ETLegacy on Jay1? How it works out compare to stock one?

https://www.etlegacy.com/

They have some client improvements but i am not sure how much margin % u will notice it. Give it a shot.

• Platinum VIP

It is. 

#############

They have some client improvements but i am not sure how much margin % u will notice it. Give it a shot.

Before I upgraded to 1GB, my FPS was all over the place, but now, on most maps, it just flutters from 125 to about 70 or so two times per second, so not REAL bad, until I get in a 1v1, then I get quick green spikes and noticeable lag for a quick second (which is why I lose 1v1 so often and have better success shooting long range)

On some maps, like I mentioned, high graphic, outside, like Capuzzo is, FPS never sees 125. It jumps all over between about 40 - 80. And a lot of people complain about it when that map and others are on.

Like I said, thanks to some of you guys, my CFG is trimmed down to 18KB and that helped a lot, but I think there could be more that can be removed from it or changed, if anyone wants to take a look

hkjm.cfg

It is. 

#############

using ETlegacy for like a month now. Onlt improvent Igot was a more stable FPS.

As for the screenshots you asked. I am back on monday will post them when I am at home that day.