Cool settings for Jaymod Baserace

Barn!e

Hi,

I was playing baserace desert on jay3 today and standing in the soldier hut wishing I could pick up the panza. Then I remembered that its only a setting to restrict the number of people holding a certain weapon. Which got me thinking. Baserace is a great example of a map that sort of lets you build your own base and defend it with whatever you want. So could I ask as I am sure each map has a mapconfig... Could we set baserace.cfg to let anyone pickup a panza, sniper scope etc.. from the various huts that the team builds? It would hopefully make the map more fun and realistic as it is 30 mins :).

Cheers,

Barn!e

• Like 1

That would make game out of balance then and the ones who want to play it with fragging will drop interest instantly when there will be 5 panzers or even more per team, reason we hold gamedays for stuffs like that, so sniper and panzer wars are set for everyone who wishes to take part of it, while from day to day basis, players tend to enjoy smg or rifle nades more over the panzer or sniper style. Restrictions are there with reason, so everyone can have fun, regardless of personal preferences of weapon choice and with that, we keep balance among every player.

• Like 1

Isn't that impossible in Jaymod? To pickup Panzer if you are Medic and so on? I don't know. What I do know is that in NQ and silEnT you can allow this in server config with some misc or weapon settings or so.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

It wouldn't be fair in that if only 1 team builds the ammo hut, they would over power the other team in weaponry. It would be disasterous

• Like 2

I think it's a nice idea, also to make this map more attractive. Not only this simply running from one side to the other.

The map was made for also using this heavy weapons, they are not there for no reason.

I think for Jay3 it would be fun Barnie :D

It would be unfair, but what if we did it on gamemonth? Like for one of the mods

That's standard part of every gamemonth, normally running panzerwar at baserace with crazy gravity.

• Like 1

I seem to recall there's a class switching function if you prone over a dead teammate? (similar to cv.ops uniform stealing) You could change classes that way. Or is that on SilEnT mod....? :P

• Like 1

That would make game out of balance then and the ones who want to play it with fragging will drop interest instantly when there will be 5 panzers or even more per team, reason we hold gamedays for stuffs like that, so sniper and panzer wars are set for everyone who wishes to take part of it, while from day to day basis, players tend to enjoy smg or rifle nades more over the panzer or sniper style. Restrictions are there with reason, so everyone can have fun, regardless of personal preferences of weapon choice and with that, we keep balance among every player.

I'm on the opposing side as a said "fragging" player :P. I love baserace enough to spam it after every map so players vote to play it. Great map to work on tracking. I grab my favorite snack and pitch a tent near the enemies front wall and try to tripple every group of enemies that come happily bounding out. Snap, track, snap, track ahhhh... never gets old. :)

I'm on the opposing side as a said "fragging" player :P. I love baserace enough to spam it after every map so players vote to play it. Great map to work on tracking. I grab my favorite snack and pitch a tent near the enemies front wall and try to tripple every group of enemies that come happily bounding out. Snap, track, snap, track ahhhh... never gets old. :)

Now scratch that and imagine 5 panzers up your arse every spawn, muchos fun eh?

@ daredevil. You should remove DJ and change the physics to allow q3 style bunny hopping. If you ever played on BBA, it was set up that way w/o speeding up the base movement too much. I think the silent or HC regulars might enjoy it as well.

• Like 2