A little help? Literally shooting a target for 5 seconds in the face, no damage...

yogurtplay

So I guess, I am not the only one. Somehow I always felt little difference in Jay1 and Jay2 hitboxes even though both settings are darn same. I had asked same to Jaybird long time asking if it was Linux vs Windows server issue. He told me I am having placebo effect. Now that was long time back but no one said anything so I am like yeah, I might be the only one. 

I had even turned on debug mod during that time and tbh I didn't notice any difference but somehow I just felt that it was bit different. We even used to run super tight smaller hitboxes of Jaymod but then no one likes it because people missed shit load of shots and said BS server. So their was no point in running dead server which mostly all hated because hitboxes where small. That was the beginning of hardcore server, then next mod was ETPUB and next silEnT. That's the story behind hardcore server.

Try server IP - hc.clan-fa.com:27960  - It's silEnT Mod with AC enabled. You will see lot's of good players on it. 

Aren't jay1 and 2 on different locations? I know that comparing jay2 with 1, it's like day and night, on jay2 i can easily play a lot better and have better control over my aim, while at jay1 i feel like theres really a lot of missed bullets even tho my cursor is straight on ppl's body but goes thro them.

Would be cool to make etpro hitboxes on silent1, that would make my day :D

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

By the way, I specced the OP a little bit, and while I have to say I had expected a worse gameplay (because 20% accuracy is like as low as you can get in ET) the problem lies in the mouse movements.

Aside from the huge waste of bullets in some situations, like an enemy who isn't even fighting you runs away and you keep shooting there for half an hour :P or no-no things like shooting while you jump, the overall impression of the mouse movement is like someone playing with a trackpad, so that's where the problem lies imho.

Do you get fairly stable frames per seconds? Do you play with acceleration or a sensitivity that's too high or anything that could make your mouse hard to control? Because mouse control is very important in ET, the first thing I notice when I spec players who are better than me is how smooth their mouse control is in every situation, even when they aren't fighting.

YES! Exactly my mouse sensitivity is hard to target. Today was pretty good though, later in the day, my connection improved or something. I had no lag and I had control of my mouse, I could hit targets. It was like the good old days. I wasn't amazing, but I'd say that many clan mates would say I was alright...I did good, even though my acc sucked I managed to do some damage. I only pat myself on the back because it's so rare... It's so rare that everything works right and I can in the perfect storm/game it just doesn't happen often..

But it was happening and it was so much FUN.. .and I enjoyed it so much. It just doesn't happen often. 

Thanks for the tips I disabled windows accelerated mouse I think...Some times I just feel like I'm foggy or just can't hit a target, perform but today everything was smooth, later in the day a few minutes ago. I was doing alright... it just doesn't happen often man. I might go play again in hopes that those conditions still exist for me. 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Some times I just feel like I'm foggy or just can't hit a target, perform but today everything was smooth, later in the day a few minutes ago. I was doing alright... it just doesn't happen often man

That's me every time I play. :)

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

Thanks for the tips I disabled windows accelerated mouse I think...

acceleration is bad for playing ET, because you need to be able to aim from point A to point B without thinking.

without acceleration the same distance on screen (actually we should say the same angle) is always the same distance on your mousepad, regardless of the speed

with acceleration you cover a different angle if you move faster or slower, and that's bad because your brain has a harder time learning how much you have to move your hand to make a certain motion in the game

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah sure, I could do that. I'm on and off you know? My game is very inconsistent I'm thinking about buying anew gaming laptop, that may seem a bit of an oxymoron. I know laptops have come a long way. I'm not a gaming elitist but I think I might upgrade my computer... I'm going through some personal shit, and I might as well spend some money on something that makes me happier. I'm wondering how much I should put down on a new laptop for ET, and just newer games...

I know it's very hard to stay ahead of the curb, but I have like a computer from 2008 or 6 and I was still playing pretty new games on it, lowest settings of course... I know you don't need an amazing computer to run ET but it sure helps keep up a little with some of the gamers. I know some guys always have state of the art equipment and I've done alot of config changes that helped me abit... and I'm connected to the internet via cable.. but given myc urrent situation and that I make enough for a new computer... but not enough to really live... haha... I can buy a new one.

I'm thinking it will help to have newer equipment if not just for ET to play newer games for a few years... and stay ahead a little bit better in ET for a little while... I know guys are always buying newer shit, but my computer is pretty old now, I'd like to atleast be technically speaking only  a little behind for a few years. I'd like to be current, sort of current for a while. I'm not looking to drop serious money but I can afford I think a reasonable, decent computer soon. 

I currently have like around 900 dollars to spend on one... I've glanced at Ebay, I could afford a few "gaming laptops" but I have no idea what I'm buying...

I know on some days I do alright, anyways... but it would be nice to own a new computer, so that for a while I can buy new games and for a few years still enjoy them. 
In 8 or so years... I'll be like 30 something years old anyways...and that's a long time a way, I hope...

Edited by yogurtplay

Oh, and I might record a video of me playing. Just to give people an idea. I'm pretty decent at head shot, I'll just say that. I know when to crouch, but I do jump some times, I do run away some times... I don't think I'm a terrible player honestly. Having played on the server a little while with some pretty decent players, I'm not awful I don't think. I do have my on and off days though.  I had to change my name to ^I'm Noob because lots of people were taking the name. I guess a lot of people out there feel as much as a noob as I have. 

I still get pretty smacked around by some players, and I'm not the greatest by any means... but I'm ok. I've decided that. On some days I am indeed terrible... 

Edited by yogurtplay

• Clan Friend

I'm pretty decent at head shot

Headshots aren't everything. It's all about how much damage per second you deal, i.e. how fast you can kill an enemy. If you can take all their hp faster than they do, you win.

When in the past I was a stats freak (and since I was also into modding), I could take lots of stats about players from demos, and I noticed that high skill players gave consistently 75hp/second of damage, maybe exceptional players like Maus 80hp or so, then lowskill like me around 55hp.

That means, assuming that a player has 120 hp, a highskill player would kill you in 1.6 seconds in the *average* case, I would take 2 seconds (and now probably more) therefore I would die.

So how much damage per second do you give? Let's make an example:

50% accuracy, no headshots

you shoot around 7 bullets per second, so 50% accuracy means 3.5 hits per second. 18hp every bodyshot makes 65 hp / sec

With 30% accuracy, even if you give 1 headshot every 3 hits (which is *a lot*, considering that only cheaters can give 1 every 2 hits consistently) you will have 38hp of damage from bodyshots + 22 from the headshots = 61 hp per second, meaning that you would still die...

(p.s. the numbers look wrong because I rounded them :P)

• Like 2

I can't hit very well with timenudge, Game shoots from where You 'were'.

Try cl_timenudge 0.

seta r_primitives 2 will give You slightly better FramesPerSecond.

DRI has changed Their damage settings, That's probably why shots do less damage.

• Like 1