vetter config

Vetter2003

Here is my config, tell me what you think.. what am I missing, what needs changed?

I pretty much just made this config in the last month been reading up about all this stuff and researching

Usually I run 125 stable but been having my fps dip down to 60's and be really laggy...

I'm sure you'll probably want my specs of computer and I'll have to post that tonight when I get home from work..   Thoughts ?  Thanks!

vetter1.cfg

Took a quick look and I saw r_displayrefresh there twice, one was 120 and other 60. Check what refresh rate your screen supports and use that and delete the other cvar line.

Triple check the renderer cvars and make sure you have 1 cvar each, not twice.

Couple of binded buttons didn't have anything setted, uncomment those with // if you dont use those or delete, could compromise the cfg if left in half way.

• Like 1

i saw cg_lagometer twice. Concerning the fps drop i think it happens to almost everyone. It happens to me a lot when there are more than 40 players on the server.

Edited by prosac
  • Like 1

Should have posted this before my temporary break from that there Enemy Territory! If I can open it on my phone I'll take a look through it but let me recommend to you good Sir... look through the screen shots of players configs here on the forums as well as checking out some frag vids using players normal configs. If you see something you like, we can make that happen.

A few vids I can recommend are: animelinuxnerdclub and mazamovie 2 and 3. Can probably find those on the tubes. Crossfire.nu's movie section will also have some and search their forums for more SS's of players cfg's.

Also unfortunately from my experience, prozac is right. Try upgrading cpu's GHz > cores. Amd's don't cost but pennies on the dollar :P

i think cores are ok since WET only runs using a single core i have seen a command to enable multi core using but not sure it works or that it is really better. who could remember me that command by the way? anyway on jay2 no problem at all the lagometer has no yellow picks at all.

Edited by prosac

• Administrators

* GeForce GTX 960

* AMD Athlon II x4 630 processor 2.8 ghz

* RAM 4 GB

Have 5mb connection but my son is usually streaming movies so half that

Unless you have enabled QoS on your router it's not half in fact you will get packet loss or high pings on server at a times. It's UDP based game. So if you miss the packets or it gets delayed it's gone. Their is no reply of packets. I would suggest enable QoS on your router and give your PC highest priority and your son's lowest. That's what I have done at my home. My laptop get's highest and other users gets lowest. 

But then again it doesn't mean you will not lag. You will just lag less.

• Like 2

Just got a new monitor

AOC G2460PF 24-Inch Free Sync Gaming LED Monitor, Full HD (1920 x 1080), 144hz, 1ms

changed my refresh on my config, messing with resolution trying to find nice fit

dont know a lot about computers but did some research and messed with the overclocking and i'm running 3.2ghz now

Also upgrading my ram to 16gb its the max that's allowed for my rig, just waiting on new cards to show.

Just got a new monitor

AOC G2460PF 24-Inch Free Sync Gaming LED Monitor, Full HD (1920 x 1080), 144hz, 1ms

changed my refresh on my config, messing with resolution trying to find nice fit

I have the same specs on my Asus monitor. Running 1920 x 1080 at 120hz in Windows and ET.

r_mode -1

r_fullscreen 1

r_customaspect 1

r_customwidth 1920

r_customheight 1080

r_displayrefresh 120

• Like 1