Wanna Check My CFG?

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

I've been tweaking this since I first posted it but still think a lot can be changed in it.

Just for the record:

• CPU: Model + speed of the cpu --> 
  • Phenom II X4 3.40 GHz 4000 MHz AM3 4 x 512KB RAM: How much memory on your PC or Laptop --> 8 GB
  • Graphic Card: Model --> GeForce 9800 GT
  • Monitor: Size of your screen + Resolution + Refresh Rate --> 1680 x 1050 60Hz
  • Internet connexion and speed: xdsl or cable or modem --> 1 GB Fibre Optic
  • Game graphics: High or ugly (you want to see all graphic details in the game Or you don't care cos you looking only for better performance.) What have now is how I like it
  • What resolution you play with: Not your Monitor resolution but game resolution) --> As it is in the cfg
  • What Sensitivity: you want for your mouse between 0.1 to 30 (default is 5) --> As it is in the cfg
  • What Crosshair: see the picture below --> As it is now
  • What FOV you want: see the picture below --> As it is now
Phenom II X4 3.40 GHz 4000 MHz AM3 4 x 512KB

hk3.cfg

• Administrators

Lot's of bogus cvars.

//G SETTINGS// - Those are server settings and you don't need those. 

Also you have 50% bogus cvars in your config appx. Create the new config and only add what you need. It's not worth fixing this config and going through one by one.

• Platinum VIP

Yeah, I thought so too. Problem is, I'm not sure of all the ones I need. But I do think this might be part of why I have so much fps lag on the servers

Problem is, I'm not sure of all the ones I need.

unless you run a server so on, you can start with removing those. Plus, remove the cvars that should be kept on default and that you gonna anyway never change. They only make your cgf file bigger (try to always keep your cfg lower to 22ko.. yours is 33Ko):
//BOT SETTINGS//
//G SETTINGS//
//SERVER SETTINGS//

//SV SETTINGS//

//VM SETTINGS//

//UI SETTINGS//

//IN SETTINGS//
//NET SETTINGS//

//PMOVE SETTINGS//

//CON SETTINGS//

in removing all those you get a 28Ko file size.. Once done then you can start to check each cvar and see if you need it or not.

example of some that you might change:

m_filter 0

r_dlightback 0

made some change but didn't remove some useless cvars yet.. try it and let us know

hk3.cfg

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

That site is useful, the problem is it lists many cvars with only the etpro 'bani' prefix. Gets confusing when you are going thru line by line making sure you add/remove what's needed.

So they list stuff like "/b_muzzleflash". But it isn't really b_, but cg_ (for all other mods anyways)

And what about duplicate cvars like "cg_autoSwitch" and "cg_noAmmoAutoSwitch" listed? Which is effective, and which isn't? :P

(try to always keep your cfg lower to 22ko.. yours is 33Ko):

I thought no larger than 16kb was the preferred size? Can't remember where I read this though...

That site is useful, the problem is it lists many cvars with only the etpro 'bani' prefix. Gets confusing when you are going thru line by line making sure you add/remove what's needed.

So they list stuff like "/b_muzzleflash". But it isn't really b_, but cg_ (for all other mods anyways)

It has all the cvars (cl, cg,r etc) explained that are needed, just scroll down the page.

What I did when I started to build my very own cfg was that I downloaded the default cfg from Antman site which has all the cvars as alphabetical order - same order than on that cvar list.

I used many text editors during the years and ended up using notepad++ because it has the ability to dublicate windows, so I can have 2 cfg open at the same time and I can compare them easy.

Only problem now in my cfg is that when I exec it, it says "unknown command cpm" on console. I figured this issue with using wordpad before, that made some strange markings inside the cfg and could spot them only by opening with notepad. Now the issue is back and I dunno how to get rid of that as there is no extra marks inside my cfg and I have checked the cfg many many times in case of a missing quote or so...

Go ahead and use "b_" cvars on pub server like B2... won't have any effect and will just clutter stuff up.

Yes, it does have all of the cvars. But a good section of it is outdated for the mods we use today, and therefore pub servers. That's all I'm saying.

• Like 1

Ah I see now what you mean.

This could be a place for a forum post if someone would like to spend time and copy pasting cvarlists from servers. Then again are the mods developers updating the cvars if there are new ones...etpub didn't atleast :D

And what about duplicate cvars like "cg_autoSwitch" and "cg_noAmmoAutoSwitch" listed? Which is effective, and which isn't? :P

I thought no larger than 16kb was the preferred size? Can't remember where I read this though...

It gives u basic knowledge towards cvars so he can learn difference between user and server ones.

• Like 1

16ko was max before 2.6 version

etconfig=21ko.. if it was 16ko, 5Ko of variables would be skipped.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

unless you run a server so on, you can start with removing those. Plus, remove the cvars that should be kept on default and that you gonna anyway never change. They only make your cgf file bigger (try to always keep your cfg lower to 22ko.. yours is 33Ko):
//BOT SETTINGS//
//G SETTINGS//
//SERVER SETTINGS//

//SV SETTINGS//

//VM SETTINGS//

//UI SETTINGS//

//IN SETTINGS//
//NET SETTINGS//

//PMOVE SETTINGS//

//CON SETTINGS//

in removing all those you get a 28Ko file size.. Once done then you can start to check each cvar and see if you need it or not.

example of some that you might change:

m_filter 0

r_dlightback 0

made some change but didn't remove some useless cvars yet.. try it and let us know

attachicon.gifhk3.cfg

That was a lot :) 

I t ook out volume and class and those smiley settings, too.

Volume only works on ETPro and Silent and I have no clue what the others even do

Got it down to 23kb

• Like 1

That was a lot :)

I t ook out volume and class and those smiley settings, too.

Volume only works on ETPro and Silent and I have no clue what the others even do

Got it down to 23kb

wasn't sure if you were a regular player of these modes.. That's why I left them. And since we are on the subject, you could split your cfg and make a separate one for your TJ (TrickJump) settings. This will also lower your cfg.

edit: same goes for your etpro\silent settings btw.. You can keep these settings in a separate file.

Edited by Ann!b@l

• Platinum VIP

wasn't sure if you were a regular player of these modes.. That's why I left them. And since we are on the subject, you could split your cfg and make a separate one for your TJ (TrickJump) settings. This will also lower your cfg.

edit: same goes for your etpro\silent settings btw.. You can keep these settings in a separate file.

I have a separate cfg for etpro, which I also need to go through, but the TJ settings can go too. I never do TJ Servers anymore, come to think about it. Your settings reduced graphics a lot but not enough to make me hate them. I played 1 map last night. FPS was way more stable and everything was smoother. Do I really need the Vote Settings? Got it down to 19 Kb now :).

Renamed the cfg so I Still have my base

hkjm.cfg

Edited by -=HipKat=-