Star Trek 3 (Newest)

Ol Smoke

From everything that I have read in recent days, it is slow to start, but the action is good but it is also kinda blase. Sort of seen that, done that, heard that.

It mostly gets an 8/10 rating from everyone.  If you like these guys, then go see it.  The business about Sulu being gay, is nothing in this movie.  So dont worry

about that.

It may not be worth $20 but in 6 months you can buy the blu-ray and watch it 2 or 3 times to get the most out of it.

So sail away or not.

Remember  \\ // (Live long and prosper)  or  \ || /  (Eat shit and die)

• Like 2

It's great as long as you've seen absolutely nothing related to star trek pre-2009 and have no idea why the original series is revered. Then sure, it's a sugary crapfest like star wars and transformers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor has it that there will be a series with the director of these movies..

I watch these new star treks because I want to be able to say "I have seen all star treks". But seriously, these new movies freaking suck and I would have liked a TNG/DS9 mash-up movie post-gamma quadrant business. I feel there's a lot of unfinished business going there.

And what about Tholians, by the way. What's with them. We never figured out t.t

There were some stupid moments, done purely to look cool(jump starting the "plane"). Some of the scenes were given poor explanation but still looked cool(Beastie Boys ;)).

Liked the 2 prequels, this one felt like the dumbest and more action oriented. Though it still had some sci-fi ideas and the main concept worked- to boldly go where no man has gone before...

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this movie and can clearly confirm that I was in Team Star Wars...but have converted over to Team Star Trek.

This new reboot is fantastic and Chekov will be sorely missed.

Anyone else catch the nod to George Takei in this newest movie?...I'm not going to give it away.