Need help couldn't save any changes in cfg!!!!!!!!!!

uru

I tried   to  save new user name, config...etc but    settings  always reset to default so i did clean install to ET deleted everything except ET key and maps

But i didn't work and  also deleted et files located in %appdata%

can anyone tell me how to fix this  :(  :(  thanks in advance :lol:

post-19679-0-10551800-1469123690_thumb.jpg

Try running et as administrator.

I presume you installed et in default path so game might not have needed rights to access that space and "write config"

Try running et as administrator.

I presume you installed et in default path so game might not have needed rights to access that space and "write config"

Thanks for the fast reply but i did that didnt work :unsure:

Edited by uru

Then check if file etconfig.cfg is read only. There are several , one in etmain/ one in etmain/profiles/yourprofile and in mod you're using in profiles as well.

Or you could save it under different name. Such as autoexec.cfg

• Like 1

etconfig is basic config from ET if you made a cfg you should name it diff for example 1.cfg place it in etmain then you can load it by doing /exec 1 in console

• Like 1

etconfig is basic config from ET if you made a cfg you should name it diff for example 1.cfg place it in etmain then you can load it by doing /exec 1 in console

I think he is trying to avoid having to exec config every time he wants to play, hence etconfig.cfg

Then check if file etconfig.cfg is read only. There are several , one in etmain/ one in etmain/profiles/yourprofile and in mod you're using in profiles as well.

Or you could save it under different name. Such as autoexec.cfg

I TRIED that and also checked firewall

hi Dfighter  :D  :D  i just did that but it says the same problem as if i didnt rename it at all

Edited by uru

Can you write config in notepad or some text editor and save it with. cfg extension? That way you won't have to write it in game...

Will give same result and no problems in my opinion :) just place in etmain folder.

• Platinum VIP

I use this to fix things a lot with et.

go to your et folder (C:\Program Files\Enemy Territory) or where ever you installed it, go to the profile folder in the mod you play (/jaymod/profiles) and delete the 2 or three files in there. 

Now you can rename your cfg to etconfig.cfg and put it in that folder, then start et. It will create the other files when you joi na server and your cfg should be the default

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Tried to copy cfg setting but should it be like this lol

It's like that if you open it on notebook. I always use wordpad so it comes out readable. You have to set the paragraph icon in the tool bar to remove 10 pt space after paragraphs and set line spacing to 1 or it looks dumb

Capture_zpstl18xz9e.jpg