my favorite hobby take a look

GetServed

A couple of years out with my dad at the beach (known as agate beach) We were just having a typical day at the beach Until! i found a big shiny rock it was the coolest rock i had ever seen! so we asked someone what they were and they said they are a common rock in the county of humboldt. So we started looking for them we found a lot of tiny ones which we were excited about! So we started packing up to go home and on the way home we googled Good agate hunting beaches we found a beach called big lagoon. So the next day we thought we'd go check out big lagoon. We arrived at big lagoone search the beach for around 15 minutes.. . Nothing.... DAD I FOUND AN AGATE THE SIZE OF A GOLFBALL! i was so happy to find an agate that big. Lol.

So to this day we have been searching for agates and i hold the record for our hobby! have any interesting hobbies tell me about them!

FOR MORE INFO AND PICTURES ON AGATES VISIT:http://rockhoundblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Patricks_Point_Beach_Agate.jpg

or search Humboldt agate.

Edited by GetServed
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lightning balls?

Maybe? Haha. Fulgurite is the scientific term. If you're talking about the sand being turned to glass, then yes!

• Like 2

There's a lot of variables involved in the path and distance the ground currents might take but if you're 10 to 30 meters away from a potential strike on a beach I'd say, you just added one more variable to the equation ;)

• 3 months later...