Binds for specific weapon

*DONG*

Does anyone know if there is a bind for taking out a specific item or weapon? For example if you were an engineer and you wanted to use an s-mine, is there a way to bind a key to take out only the S mine instead of having to scroll through your inventory?

It's become a real pain in the cheeks, I always get killed because i am trying to scroll through s, m, and poison gas mines

Thanks

This is the default set of binds to the weapons:

bind 1 "weaponbank 1"
bind 2 "weaponbank 2"
bind 3 "weaponbank 3"
bind 4 "weaponbank 4"
bind 5 "weaponbank 5"
bind 6 "weaponbank 6"
bind 7 "weaponbank 7"
bind 8 "weaponbank 8"
bind 9 "weaponbank 9"

Try with the numbers which key does what and you can ofc change the binded key to what you like.

I put medipack in my mouse button:

bind MOUSE4 "weaponbank 6"

• Platinum VIP

This is how I bind specific weapons

bind MWHEELDOWN "weaponbank 2;m_pitch 0.017;echo ^9m_pitch: ^70.017;cg_drawgun 1"
bind MWHEELUP "weaponbank 6;m_pitch 0.017; echo ^9m_pitch: ^70.017;cg_drawgun 1"
  • Like 1

This is how I bind specific weapons

bind MWHEELDOWN "weaponbank 2;m_pitch 0.017;echo ^9m_pitch: ^70.017;cg_drawgun 1"
bind MWHEELUP "weaponbank 6;m_pitch 0.017; echo ^9m_pitch: ^70.017;cg_drawgun 1"

Thanks Kat, I'll give it a try

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do a search for the mod version build documentation. Ex. "Jaymod 2.2.0" The cvar's responsible for those weapons will be documented in the client side updates. You might have to search previous mod versions for when they were originally added.

I did a little search and didn't find anything helpful. Hopefully someone familiar with "jaymod?" specific commands chimes in or your having more luck on your end.

Try hoping on the server, opening up the console "~", and for which ever key you normally use to scroll through mines "let's say 7 for example", type /weaponbank 7 and hit enter. Go up in numbers from there 8, 9, 10 etc until nothing happens.

Its a long shot but you know... maybe?? Lol

If that doesn't work type /weaponbank 7 multiple times and see if that scrolls through them.

If that does it then I'm not sure where the script is that facilitates that key changing and being responsible for multiple weapons. It's possible it's in the source code and not available to you?

P.s. I'm sorry for ending that in a question mark but, I know what I know and that's all that I know. :)

Source code is like Sanskrit to me lol, but I'll sniff around and see what i can come up with. If I strike gold I'll definitely post in the forum so other people can use it

Source code is like Sanskrit to me lol, but I'll sniff around and see what i can come up with. If I strike gold I'll definitely post in the forum so other people can use it

So basically u want to set it in jaymod or silent? Can u write on what keys would u want to have something?