who is/was the best singer in the world

Mrvonz

wow... that's a pretty tough one... i think it varies each generation/era... i'm sure there were some amazing opera singers that had the technical talent to amaze people.... but ultimately for me, the best singers are people like Etta James, Janis Joplin, Mama Cass... etc... women with soul.

Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin for honorary mention =D

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

The best singer for a song is the one with the right voice for that specific song.

Sometimes you listen to covers made by singers who (at least in theory) should be more talented and with more technique, but the result is poorer than the original, because it just doesn't feel right.

• Like 1

This is why Mariah is vocally one of the best, sad enough she got nodules which affected her voice by bringing to much albums in a period of time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI1rb60yvS0

She is up in the league there with Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Patti Labelle, but the funny thing is, vocalwise her songs are average a vocal suicide for other singers who want to cover her songs.

I can put her tons of live performances of here like this or even better, her technique en vocal control is out of this world. The way she switch between octaves is like WOOW.

Edited by equaLz
  • Like 1

@Anton but not the technique singers I mentioned. Axl Rose is far from a great singer to be hounest...