COOP expand to 16 players

Narug0

COOP expand to 16 players  

21 members have voted

1. 1. COOP expand to 16 players

• Yes!
    • No!

• Administrators

One concern is it might be to easy with a full server of players and fewer bots. I want to tweak bot difficulty as we go to balance things. Let me know how things go on the server.

Always keep an easy. People don't like dying to often. So if the can kill bots easily a bit they will hang around. But don't keep dumb bots either. Just keep it medium- so it's easy. :)

• Like 1

ok guys if u never played in a server with 16 slots, if u not have u need create new folder called scripts at " D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\insurgency2\insurgency\scripts " so you can able to download files from fastdl...

yep

is running feel free for test it.

steam://connect/108.61.21.93:27029

copy & past it your browser and will connect to server

b_560_95_1.png

The new server is running with players? i don't have access to it... 

This? I played there last night and invited one of our regulars, (who finally signed up :D) I only had little time but there were 4-5 players when I left

Edited by Sis <3

• 2 weeks later...

I think because either the first server isn't full or there aren't enough people around to invite to play with you (I mean you do not fill up a 16 slot server with 2 players) Sooo we recruit more, we change it to 8 slot or we wait till the 8 slot server is always full then the 16 slot server will fill up too
Atleast that's what I'm thinking :)

• Like 1

Just a heads up, the 16 Player CO-OP server is not reachable for player with Linux and (presumably MacOS) due to a bug in the source engine.
Post by the developer: https://steamcommunity.com/app/222880/discussions/1/357288572118384998/

The theater file is zipped so it doesn't progress in the download. Linux users are basically stuck in the loading screen with the download till they get timed out. 

(As there is no Insurgency Tracker as far as I could see, I just put it here. Hope that's fine)

Happy *in'

I wonder if we should have 1 coop server and 1 PvP server.

If we consider PvP again, we might think about keeping the server 16 slots.  I've not seen many 16 slot PvP's that weren't heavily modded ( SWAT, DOI, etc).  The popular 32 slot PvP servers can get really hectic with 16 vs 16.  8 vs 8 would still be enough for even the largest maps but might make for a more intimate killing arena- lol .  It would also keep us heading in the "different than everyone else" direction.  

Just a heads up, the 16 Player CO-OP server is not reachable for player with Linux and (presumably MacOS) due to a bug in the source engine.

Post by the developer: https://steamcommunity.com/app/222880/discussions/1/357288572118384998/

The theater file is zipped so it doesn't progress in the download. Linux users are basically stuck in the loading screen with the download till they get timed out. 

(As there is no Insurgency Tracker as far as I could see, I just put it here. Hope that's fine)

Happy *in'

I run MacOS and have had intermittent access.  I thought it was just me.  Some days it seems to work fine and others it sits for a min and disconnects.

@tracker issue. I believe Dare has plans to upgrade the forums soon and the tracker will change anyways.  Narug0 is our resident Insurgency Guru.  He may have some thoughts on the Linux / MacOS issues.

• Like 2

Did this ever end up working? I see both servers online now but both only 8 humans...

It didn't really work out with 16 slots so now it's both 8 slot servers