Midsummer day

P8rpl3h4z3

Its midsummer day tomorrow and day after :dance:

I wanna know how you celebrate it or do you?

In Finland we have traditions like peeing from boat and drown 8|

just kidding its not a tradition, but it happens and probly 10 ppl gonna die in this weekend cuz of it :(

We burn midsummer pyres barbeque dance (i dont dance) and ofc drink alot :drunk and boating too

Post ur pics how you guys n gals celebrate midsummer day in your country

And yeeeap i started it today :P

post-18574-0-78915000-1466681251_thumb.jpg

post-18574-0-06344300-1466681264_thumb.jpg

post-18574-0-37132700-1466681281_thumb.jpg

post-18574-0-11905900-1466681294_thumb.jpg

post-18574-0-63679500-1466681766_thumb.jpg

post-18574-0-29946300-1466681785_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

well its not exactly to celebrate but this is the weather from today :D personally I rather would be sitting next to a campfire too but today it's stay inside day :P

netherlands today

belgium last night

• Like 3

Its midsummer day tomorrow and day after :dance:

I wanna know how you celebrate it or do you?

In Finland we have traditions like peeing from boat and drown 8|

just kidding its not a tradition, but it happens and probly 10 ppl gonna die in this weekend cuz of it :(

We burn midsummer pyres barbeque dance (i dont dance) and ofc drink alot :drunk and boating too

Post ur pics how you guys n gals celebrate midsummer day in your country

And yeeeap i started it today :P

looks fun! :]
  • Like 1

The day when the night is the shortest, about 2h give or take another 2h.

I guess its more of a Northern EU countries tradition where days are 2h long in the rest of the year?;)

In Estonia on Jaanipäev Eve aka Jaaniõhtu\öö there´s the Victory Day celebrated also, even more reasons to drink:P (23th (1919) of June is one of the days we actually beat Germany in long history of opression\slavery.) Military Parade is held to celebrate Victory Day, its national flag day also and 2 days are given off.(for office workers ofc...)

Jaanipäev has been celebrated for a long time here also with large fires, bands, eating and drinking. There´s also the tradition to search for fireflies and "fern flowers".

• Like 3

There is a lot of festivals going on this weekend also. I'm not that into festivals anymore mainly coz there is like 90% population younger than me (and im not saying i'm that old) :). I went to visit my parents and grilled, had a couple beers, mainly just been chilling and relaxing. 

Weather is also amazing atleast if you compare it to every other year like 5 years back.

• Like 2

There is a lot of festivals going on this weekend also. I'm not that into festivals anymore mainly coz there is like 90% population younger than me (and im not saying i'm that old) :). I went to visit my parents and grilled, had a couple beers, mainly just been chilling and relaxing. 

Weather is also amazing atleast if you compare it to every other year like 5 years back.

Yep, its like a thumb of rule, every St Johns Day Eve it has to rain;) Not this time though...

• Like 1

midsummer weekend is over, lots of beers and lots of grilling and wrestling too :)

now its straight to the christmas, days get shorter and darker.... i can allmost taste the ham