More Server Suggestions

Kevlar

• Administrators

Could you also add a specific subforum for this game in tracker plz?

We are going to retire tracker soon once we go IPS 4. So everything will be on forums. 

• Like 1

I have added Insurgency member grp on forums. 

Is it also possible to add insurgency to the list of servers you can chose from to add in your profile? (i hope you know what i mean, mine says none atm and would like to get insurgency server as my main server)

1.) Dump all night maps.  Some people like them but for the most part they kill the server.  

Agree, hate them, even with the nvg

2.) Consider a fixed map rotation (eliminate voting for maps).  I've noticed that people seem less frustrated if there is no voting.  It's just the next map and you get what you get.  This would require a small amount of on going server maintenance as the rotation would need to be changed every 60-90 days.

Don't think it's a good idea because you might get stuck with certain game types that aren't really suitable for the amount of players you have+ there are probably less favored maps but i'm not sure which ones yet

3.) Limit the game modes to Check Point, Outpost and Survival.  I like Hunt but if you get killed quickly you have to sit and wait for the next round to re-spawn, which could take 10-12 mins.  Our guests ( and me ) are likely to leave vs. sit and watching someone else play.

See 2, pretty much the same

4.) Limit the games to 3 per round.  We are currently set to 5 games per round and even on really popular maps 5 games of the same map can get boring and again, our guests are likely to leave. 

+1, 5 is too much and you can still vote replay if you really want to try and win

5.) Enable the "death message" in the bottom left of screen ( sv_hud_deathmessages) .  It lets you know when a Bot is killed and who did it ( =F|A=Kevlar killed Bot Krayzie ).  Even though we are playing CO-OP there is still some competition between players.  If I see my teammate racking up the kills - I will stop camping ( not that I ever camp :-P) and go get in on the action.

don't really care/doesn't bother me

6.) Consider increasing the Load Out / Supply Points.  Not so much that they can get every option for every weapon but maybe 7 or 8 vs. the 2 or 3 we are currently set at.  I believe that people will play where they think they can get the best average setup.

I wouldn't mind 3 extra points but the amount we have doesn't bother me either, I got my setup figured out :)

• Like 1

4.) Limit the games to 3 per round.  We are currently set to 5 games per round and even on really popular maps 5 games of the same map can get boring and again, our guests are likely to leave. 

Hey kevlar :) by now i'm changing just it, about others suggestions after everyone agree or majority you can send me by pm. Let's make this server the best of all.

• Like 1

Well, it's been about a week since my original post and your feed back has been fantastic!!  To keep moving forward, I would like to prepare a general consensus to send to Narug0 so he can start to applying the suggestions.

This is what I'm getting.  Not all points are unanimous - just consensus.

1.) Remove or seriously limit the availability of night maps.

2.) Voting for maps stays.

3.) #2 makes #3 moot.

4.) Limit games to 3 per round vs. our current 5.

5.) Enable death message

6.) Marginally/slightly increase supply points OR increase the rate in which you accumulate them ( which ever is easier for Narug0 to apply)

7.) Leave Friendly Fire ON.  

This is a great place to start.  As each of you play on the server try to think of any changes that you think would make it better and post them here.  Chances are, if you think it's a good change, our guests are likely to feel the same.

It's also important to remember that none of these changes are ever "carved in stone".  We'll play them for a bit, see what we and our guests reactions are and then adjust accordingly.  I believe that if we do this right, we should always be making changes / improvements to the server.

Thanks again for your awesome input!! 

• Like 3

Hey kevlar :) by now i'm changing just it, about others suggestions after everyone agree or majority you can send me by pm. Let's make this server the best of all.

Still 5 rounds I think and what did you do with the gravity? When I jump I feel like a flying unicorn haha xD f***s up how to throw AN-14 and nades too :/

FF is back on, thank you!

Still 5 rounds I think and what did you do with the gravity? When I jump I feel like a flying unicorn haha xD f***s up how to throw AN-14 and nades too :/

The gravity screw up was totally my fault.  I'm very sorry about that.  Not something that was suppose to happen or remain after I left the server.

Just for the record, I feel dumb :(

• Administrators

Just FYI - Once the server keeps getting populated and we get more members outside of our clan joining our community as members on forum, we can add another one if required on either US or Euro machine. 

• Like 4

• Administrators

I need talk with scream, and see if him have admin.cfg from cs:go and use hierarchy cmds admins

U don't have the access to CS:GO server? If no, let me know and I will set u up with access.

Finally I found where was changing maxrounds for 5 after set it in server.cfg to "maxrounds 3" .  here default_server_outpost.cfg, default_server_hunt.cfg...etc

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We have a banner of our ts in servers? i can't remind it lol.

btw could be cool have a support section on insurgency subforum.

• Like 1

A few more suggestions:

• Add a message to encourage players to !Register.  Registering will put them in the user group and they can check their stats.  "Type !register so you can track your stats!"  or something like that.  We all know there is a whole group of players that really care about their stats  (I'm scared to look at mine most of the time).  Some of those guys will only play servers that offer stats.

• One of our screen messages says "We are recruiting".  Maybe we could change that to say what we are recruiting.  "We are recruiting server admins - apply today at www.fearless-assassins.com!"  I know thats not our norm - we really want to recruit community members but maybe offering the "admin" position will get them to the forums.  We could set new admins to lvl 2 for their first 3 months.  I thought I would at least throw it our there and see what you guys thought.

• One of my favorite weapons in the AK-74.  Most maps we play as Marines so we don't see the Insurgent weapons as often.  Could we replace a few of the Marine weapons with a couple Insurgent weapons?  Say take the rifleman classes and add an AKM to one and an AK-74 to the other.  Maybe replace the L1 in both so we can maintain the favorite M16 and M4. 

• Refine the server name a little more.  I really like that we've added the numbers F|A #1 and F|A #2.  Since we have several recurring messages in game about recruiting maybe we could rearrange the wording in the server name.   "F|A #1 Beginners 24/7 Recruiting".  The amount of text that shows up in the server browser is limited.  I think we are more likely to attract players with the "Beginners" label than we will with the "Recruiting".  Recruiting is our ultimate goal but we gotta get them there to recruit them.

That's it for now other than to say that our server rank has gone from 167th to 25th ( and climbing)  in the last 30 days or so.  Thats no accident.  It's really cool to see everyone participating to make our server the best!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Im not sure if the second server has this gamemode, but I would really like to see players vs players. Not just all the players on 1 team vs bots. I think it would be way more fun and more of a challenge.