KR on Silent server

Snatixx

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone of you had a clue of how this system is working. I find this pretty weird cause it is not based (entirely?) on the Kill / Death Ratio which we usually see on servers, or even different games.

I was at 3.5+ at one point, but I keep going down badly during every maps and i'm around 2.1 now for some reason. I don't really care actually but i'm very curious of how this system works.

Sorry if you've been asked this question already or if a topic has been made about this already, but I simply can't find the answer.

Thanks! 

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone of you had a clue of how this system is working. I find this pretty weird cause it is not based (entirely?) on the Kill / Death Ratio which we usually see on servers, or even different games.

I was at 3.5+ at one point, but I keep going down badly during every maps and i'm around 2.1 now for some reason. I don't really care actually but i'm very curious of how this system works.

Sorry if you've been asked this question already or if a topic has been made about this already, but I simply can't find the answer.

Thanks!

May this be an answer http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/73066-kr-calculation/

as far as I remember from etpub, I think the more you play the slower it moves, till it gets to a point where it's hard to go up or down. If you are 'overrated' it can never go up, only down by the way. The only way not to lower it would be to stop playing :D

i think if KR get setted by admin who plays and know skills :D

:)

KR is calculation uses distance between the players,the average distance between players on the server and the old KR values of the players.

• Like 3

I think it depends on the class you play more. For example, a field ops can do a lot of kills with artyllery, but his K/R will be lower than it should be (because, well, it's artillery...). I ussualy play as covert ops and my K/R should be less than 1.0 (I have sadly done about 4000 kills and died 6000 times), but, game says my K/R is 2.2.

K/R in hardcore server seems to be multiplied by 2.

• Like 2

I am usually playing medic only or rifle occasionally which means no heavy weapons and big K/D ratio. I am never below 3 each map that is why I was wondering :P

• Clan Friend

It's something similar to Elo rating in chess (at least, that was the intended result), so it's *not* kills/deaths. Now I don't remember how it works in ET anymore, i.e. the exact formula, I only remember I didn't like how it was implemented :)

To summarize, every new player gets a base score to start from. Then every time you kill someone, your score is compared with the opponent's score, and it goes up accordingly (and their score goes down).

If you kill someone with a higher score than yours, your score goes up more than if you kill somebody with a low score.

Actually, if you kill a player with a low score that's 'normal' so your score could stay almost the same. Similarly, if you die from a player with a high score it won't go down much, but if a player with a low score kills you, your score will go down faster.

New players could bring all the scores down because they are assigned a base score even if they are ultraskilled.

I also remember there was a factor in the formula so the more you play the less your score will change.

• Like 1

I think it depends on the class you play more. For example, a field ops can do a lot of kills with artyllery, but his K/R will be lower than it should be (because, well, it's artillery...). I ussualy play as covert ops and my K/R should be less than 1.0 (I have sadly done about 4000 kills and died 6000 times), but, game says my K/R is 2.2.

K/R in hardcore server seems to be multiplied by 2.

I agree with AG47 because once told me that playing covert and camouflaged with the clothes of the enemy, the possibility of you kill knife is easier, and in this situation your KR gradually rises

Yeah I see. I thought about some of what you said, but some things doesn't match.

Some guys are getting negative stats pratically each maps, which means they are getting killed a lot, by low KR players and high KR players aswell, which should be even, but they are around 1.90 regulary and going up. Once again I don't care, but I've seen them playing FG42 or ppsh a lot and it seems like those weapons are giving bonus points or something like that.

• Clan Friend

Yeah I see. I thought about some of what you said, but some things doesn't match.

Some guys are getting negative stats pratically each maps, which means they are getting killed a lot, by low KR players and high KR players aswell, which should be even, but they are around 1.90 regulary and going up. Once again I don't care, but I've seen them playing FG42 or ppsh a lot and it seems like those weapons are giving bonus points or something like that.

As I said before this score is (imho) very poorly implemented as a whole, in fact you can see it doesn't always match with players skills. I don't know if they made changes recently because all we have is old etpub code and not silent mod.

In the old etpub code the weapon you used for the kill counted, with easier weapons giving less points (panzerfaust...) then they removed this, and in silent mod afaik there isn't such a thing anymore but I might be wrong.

I think only silent mod developers can answer this question properly, because unless you see the exact formula and algorithm there isn't much you can tell by just playing

• Like 1

As I said before this score is (imho) very poorly implemented as a whole, in fact you can see it doesn't always match with players skills. I don't know if they made changes recently because all we have is old etpub code and not silent mod.

In the old etpub code the weapon you used for the kill counted, with easier weapons giving less points (panzerfaust...) then they removed this, and in silent mod afaik there isn't such a thing anymore but I might be wrong.

I think only silent mod developers can answer this question properly, because unless you see the exact formula and algorithm there isn't much you can tell by just playing

Alright, thanks for clarification, makes a bit more sense now. Even though I'd be interested knowing the formula, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't understand anything ahah. Good to see I'm not the only one clueless about this system though :P

The mystery which have no answer haha, one thing that I have noticed when you knife someone to death/ get knifed your K/R has higher chance to change even @ 200k xp

Also I remember our member Shadow knifing people with his magical katana on silent and having stable 4 K/R +

Funny thing is people judging skill by K/R on the server  :wacko:

Don't really care about it tho, makes no harm to server since the values are between 0.5 - 2.5 mostly so shuffle has no big impact  :offtopic

• 2 weeks later...

KR Calculation is based on the Class you Take Down and the Class you are playing as.  Also the weapon you are using.  For Example

I start Play as a medic with a 1.0 KR.  After 5 Matches my Average KD was 4-1 (K-D).  But my KR was only 1.5.

I start play as a Field Ops with a 1.0 KR.  After 5 Matches my Average KD was 3-1 (K-D).  But my KR was at 2.6.

KR on the Silent/Jaymod server doesn't mean anything or represent 95% of the players true skills.  I can sit and camp all day with a mortar and get a 22 Kill Streak but my KR is only 1.2.

I would not use that as a representation of a player, more like the PRW is better when it comes to the Player that does the objective the most.