Menus

efpnightmare

• Administrators

oh yes hellreturn is me :P when u xfired me i was about to go out.. and after setting up new jaymod ima out of energy. I will post the fixed pk3 soon by this weekend. B)

• Administrators

I had given it one shot tonight and dude their are too many errors in it. I can't fix all since debugging always take more time then to make new one. Joedirt is also special in making menus. I have emailed him your menu but lately we both are busy but as soon as we get time he will look at it.

This are the errors you should be looking to fix asap:

Error: file ui/main.menu, line 146: newline inside string " )
Error: file ui/main.menu, line 146: define BUTTON incomplete
ERROR: ui/main.menu, line 146: end of file inside menu

Error: file ui/main.menu, line 147: newline inside string " )
Error: file ui/main.menu, line 147: define BUTTON incomplete
Warning: file ui/efp_frag_confirm.menu, line 64: define BUTTON has too many
parms
ERROR: ui/efp_frag_confirm.menu, line 64: end of file inside menu

Warning: file ui/efp_frag_confirm_ingame.menu, line 63: define BUTTON has too
many parms
ERROR: ui/efp_frag_confirm_ingame.menu, line 63: end of file inside menu

Warning: file ui/efp_sniper_confirm.menu, line 64: define BUTTON has too many
parms
ERROR: ui/efp_sniper_confirm.menu, line 64: end of file inside menu

Warning: file ui/efp_sniper_confirm_ingame.menu, line 63: define BUTTON has
too many parms
ERROR: ui/efp_sniper_confirm_ingame.menu, line 63: end of file inside menu

Error: file ui/efp_info.menu, line 56: newline inside string " )
Error: file ui/efp_info.menu, line 56: define BUTTON incomplete
ERROR: ui/efp_info.menu, line 56: end of file inside menu

Error: file ui/efp_info.menu, line 57: newline inside string " )
Error: file ui/efp_info.menu, line 57: define BUTTON incomplete

If you can fix those i am willing to help you out. Your buttons are incomplete, parameters are missing and even references are missing. I can't fix everything since it would take hella of my time. I hope you don't mind. But atleast now you what you have to do fix it since you have line numbers and error files in your hand. Use notepad++ to debug it.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Edit: Just a question: Are you the one handling Kreative league which was for 2.55?

• Administrators
No I'm not, I know the people who are though. I use to go by the name Krypt, Kryptonite, or Pencil and use to run ***ET 2.55 Scrim Server***, but I'm taking a break from all of that and just starting a pubbing clan for now. Why?

Was just curious :P Welcome to pubbing zone then ;)

So far that error log is helping me. The menus now appear on the main menus, but I'm still working on getting them to connect with the server/get that pop up screen to come up. What log settings do you use so that the mod errors appear?

• Administrators
So far that error log is helping me. The menus now appear on the main menus, but I'm still working on getting them to connect with the server/get that pop up screen to come up. What log settings do you use so that the mod errors appear?

Look up in console. All errors are logged in console. Just put u menu in your etmain and once u load up game it will show all errors if it has. Their is not log settings.

PS Make sure you use clean install of W:ET to fix u errors.

I made a new copy of ET 2.55 with nothing but the mod and the files to enter my server. When I moved my mod to the etmain directory, none of the mod settings appeared (the menus), and neither did the errors when I pressed the console button (~) when I entered the game and server. When I moved it back to the jaymod directory, the working parts of the mod then appeared, but when I pressed the console button (~) when I entered the game and on the server and scrolled up I did't see any errors as well. Any ideas?