Wolfenstein: Old Blood

Vanaraud

Finally started playing the prequel coming after New Order and seeming like a sequel, go figure.

Anyways after Wolfenstein 3D, that Indiana Jones style tomb raiding game with teleporting abilities etc- in one word NON-Wolfenstein, I was given up on the series. Tried New Order on sale and it almost resembled old good days where gameplay was set first and cinematic QTY experience wasn´t important, well actually was not come to existence yet.

Few hours into Old Blood and I´m hyped about the gameplay and feeling this game gives. Main thing is to kill boody nazis and stay alive and you can choose pistol\submachin(es) and MG as in original and a knife. There are some additional weapons also, but for instance Bombenschuss reminds me old good FG42 from ET. There is a possibility to sneak in game because its Bethesdas trademark but its not main way anymore as it was in New Order.

Also I remembered now one could take sneak backstab kills on original Wolf 3D also. So the atmosphere, gameplay, everything hits the mark this time.

And if I come to think that they had to play original Wolf 3D to design those minigames while BJ is having nightmares, then I think they grasped the whole consept better and were more true to the original and it is felt in this installmeant. Personally I´m having more fun in this one than in RTCW...

10\10 for only pulling this out: post-3155-0-75136700-1463182322_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Personally I´m having more fun in this one than in RTCW...

I recomend you to play return to castle wolfstein

RTCW- Return to Castle Wolfenstein ;) Have played it couple of times in LAN also, was fun.

But not as fun as unmounting MG and mowing down whole squadron worth of enemies with one click on trigger. Really missed it from Wolf 3D days where you could jump into room and empty all 99 bullets to clear room of soldiers with pistol\submachine gun(blue and brown enemies). Pure fun and at same time screaming in my head: " Die you scumbag, mwhahaha!".

Crysis had MG also, but you had to go tactical and take cover and use cloak and give a burst and cloak etc. Don´t recall any other game since Wolf 3D where I just could go and blindly empty whole mag of MG.

RTCW- Return to Castle Wolfenstein ;) Have played it couple of times in LAN also, was fun.

But not as fun as unmounting MG and mowing down whole squadron worth of enemies with one click on trigger. Really missed it from Wolf 3D days where you could jump into room and empty all 99 bullets to clear room of soldiers with pistol\submachine gun(blue and brown enemies). Pure fun and at same time screaming in my head: " Die you scumbag, mwhahaha!".

Crysis had MG also, but you had to go tactical and take cover and use cloak and give a burst and cloak etc. Don´t recall any other game since Wolf 3D where I just could go and blindly empty whole mag of MG.

then  you may like doom + project brutallity, that mod enchances the game to a whole new level