IIHF world championship

razer

Yo,

creating this topic for some discussion :)

what team gona win?  (finland!!!)

most awesome goal, etc.

• Like 2

Slovakia - Belarus is a much to watch, awesome game. After 2 periods Slovakia was leading 2-0, but on third Belarus did 4 goals and won! They really had the fire within that game.

Finnish have great offensive group, but defence group is a lot weaker than example Russian or Canada or even USA defence group, but we have always defenced with 5 men, so i am not worried about that, most i am worried about our goalie situation, in my mind Saros should be our starter. Koskinen is okey goalie, but Saros and Bäckström are both a lot better than Koskinen. Koskinen was even third goalie of his team in this season once, very irregular goalie and allowed couple easy goal already in this tournament. I think we really should put Saros to goal. Maybe Canada show Koskinen weaknest and Saros start goal in game 8. Lets see, but sure Finland have one of best offensive groups of they history, but in tournaments like this, you usually win or die with your goalie and is Koskinen that right guy, i doubt that, but i ofc i believe that we win Gold. No matter if we allowe couple easy goals, we have roster which can make 2-3 goal per game against any team. Laine could be in that same line in coming World Cup too.

• Like 2

And Lasse Kukkonen is the best player of the opponent team :D Today proved that when he pushed the French guy in our own goal with the buck...

You are right about the goalie and personally I am more worried about the defense, there has been quite hazardous moments when the pressure is on Finlands end.

I really cant understand why Kukkonen is allowed in the team year after year, when all he has shown during the years is that he isn't reliable and can do more harm than good. Maybe there just isn't enough ppl to come...

Then again the Finnish media has made sure that noone of the best defense players wont even think about joining when they have been asked. I just hate how the Finnish media bashes on everyone that makes even the slightest mistake, but in a team sport like hockey, if there isn't any single person to blame, they blame a group and the defense group has got the biggest share during the years. Partially media is right, but to speculate these guys even before the tournament has begun is very lame. Also greating the pressure on some of the new stars on the offense team.

• Like 2

And Lasse Kukkonen is the best player of the opponent team :D Today proved that when he pushed the French guy in our own goal with the buck...

You are right about the goalie and personally I am more worried about the defense, there has been quite hazardous moments when the pressure is on Finlands end.

I really cant understand why Kukkonen is allowed in the team year after year, when all he has shown during the years is that he isn't reliable and can do more harm than good. Maybe there just isn't enough ppl to come...

Then again the Finnish media has made sure that noone of the best defense players wont even think about joining when they have been asked. I just hate how the Finnish media bashes on everyone that makes even the slightest mistake, but in a team sport like hockey, if there isn't any single person to blame, they blame a group and the defense group has got the biggest share during the years. Partially media is right, but to speculate these guys even before the tournament has begun is very lame. Also greating the pressure on some of the new stars on the offense team.

I think Kukkonen is in there roster because his leader skills, plus Kojo is ex Kärppä coach and know Kukkonen from there. I know Kukkonen do a lot mistakes, but he doing those invisible job also, good defensive zone defender, but sure with puck he make more mistakes than rest together.

Vatanen and Ristolainen was not able to come because they are without contracts, no one get any players which are without contract and in situation where they wait big contract, Jokipakka was injured, i think there is all of our NHL defenders when Määttä is still playing, so i dont think we are without defenders because critic, but i agree you, finnish media love to give critic to our players if they make even one mistakes. Sometimes goalies got blame even that it havent been they fault etc.. but its not different from Canada media, good example is Luongo situation, in year before he saved Canada to gold medal and was superhero in whole Canada and year after that he lost Finals againts Tim Thomas and all blame was put to his neck. Media and those part time hockey followers love to bash out ppls when they do mistakes, when true fans stand behind players, Luongo got standing cheer up when he came back to Vancouver in FLA jersey.

• Like 2

ok semi-finals

fin-rus

can-usa

gonna be good games, finland will win 7-2 and canada win 6-1

russians (hope not) might be executed lol, yenks just show once again why they cant win

then at sunday canada gonna be big big crybaby like a 2y old girl :P

and WEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND!!!

• Like 1

And tomorrow USA-RUS for the bronze and tbh I really didn't expect to see Finland (with this defence and goalies) in the finals fighting for the gold....Both semi-finals were awesome games today.