foul language\cursing

fred&cova

just to get the opinion of the ppl of the server namely the admins,

whats the deal with cursing?

the ****** instead of curse words it's ok i guess (even don't know why this censure exists)

but tonight - euro time- one of your admins -elf or elfy whatever his name, almost banned a guy whose name was f***head or something like that, because of the f*** word in his name...

So whats the deal with cursing?

Honestly... I have no idea.. but he shouldnt be banning people for that.. That's my opinion. I dont mind cursin at all.. I think the only word that should be *** should be Noob.. LOL :D

• Administrators

Elf can't ban any player. He is lvl 3 admin. He can't even kick because he doesn’t have !kick command.

Filter exists because we are fairly new as a clan since we have just completed our first month on 8th Dec 2008. Also, 60% people are nice but 40% always like to pick up fights by continuously bitching on other players who are fairly new instead of trying to help them. I have seen two players start fighting and then few more join up and it ends up in racist fight with whole server involved and outcome is everyone get bored and annoyed.

We just want to have fun nice frag environment but some people on e-places can never understand just one simple thing and hence we have filters at present.

It is clearly not possible for our present small team to handle both servers and hence we are recruiting good persons/players.

We also allow regular cursing when someone dies like "oh f*** i died" but when you just stat saying someone "noob" "f*** you" on "continuous basis" then I am sorry to say it’s not allowed because everyone was noob once. You are free to choose any type of name.

We never allow admin abuse and should be never allowed.

I would definately like to know people's choice on filter. Do we wan't player's saying f***er, a**h****, etc continously to all or its better to just have "*******" (which is our present settings).

Thanks for suggestions and complaints because it will help us to make our system better.

The guy who joined was "Holyf***erhead." Sorry, and like 2 or 3 people wanted me to ban and kick him, but I was like "I can't." So, I muted him for about a min, and than I said I'll unmute him if he changes his name, and he changed it to "soccerplayer", so I unmuted him. I won't do that again. Lets just say my dad hates cussing, and if he walked by and saw his name, he would probable ban me from Wolfenstein... so if I see a person with a bad name, than I won't do anything about it. If I just see a player like that, than I'll just quit and go on some other time, but I won't be on as much.

The guy who joined was "Holyf***erhead." Sorry, and like 2 or 3 people wanted me to ban and kick him, but I was like "I can't." So, I muted him for about a min, and than I said I'll unmute him if he changes his name, and he changed it to "soccerplayer", so I unmuted him. I won't do that again. Lets just say my dad hates cussing, and if he walked by and saw his name, he would probable ban me from Wolfenstein... so if I see a person with a bad name, than I won't do anything about it. If I just see a player like that, than I'll just quit and go on some other time, but I won't be on as much.

Then be careful... cuz this is a rated RRR XXX game.. LOL

the filter is stupid. It should mute specfic words, not certain bits of alaphabets. Its so random. one day you get away with shit, other days it mutes any wordas after and apostrophe - such that don't = don' *, won't = won' * - and the nit mutes words like bot one map and unmutes it the next

1: Players can argue and trash talk without swearing

2: The block censors many words and letters that are not derogatory, because they are remotely similar to ones that are.

3: I feel restrained if I can't say "damnit" or "O SHI-" once in a while.

I don't think that it is much of a problem. The rule should pertain more to racist remarks, instead of "bad" words in general. Keep in mind, =F|A= only want players that are older than 14. Last time I checked, PG-13 movies allow "f***" to slip occasionally.

Yeah,

the filter is stupid. It should mute specfic words, not certain bits of alaphabets. Its so random. one day you get away with shit, other days it mutes any wordas after and apostrophe - such that don't = don' *, won't = won' * - and the nit mutes words like bot one map and unmutes it the next

Yeah, why the heck is bot = ***?

And If you try to do the alphabet it turns out as

a * c d e f g h i j k l m n * p q r s * u v w x y z. It is just so stupid. And lets just say I always you apostrophes like I use Don't alot and Won't alot also. :mad

• Administrators

It's not random. I will remodify the whole censor list. Their are more then 100 words which are in censor list so that server remains in peaceful state all the time. I will remodify it once again ASAP.

It should be fixed in our next update.

I have seen they got bored trash traking when all their bad words are censored. If you have seen the guy named MultiHack he has **** in his lines every 3 seconds.

If we would like to keep censor I would like to make it more good. If admins are willing to work more and explain everyone who start trash talking all the time to others I don't mind. The only criteria is "Enjoyable Environment" is needed and not trash talking one.

It's not random. I will remodify the whole censor list. Their are more then 100 words which are in censor list so that server remains in peaceful state all the time. I will remodify it once again ASAP.

ah, but it does feel that way at times, sadly :|

I have seen they got bored trash traking when all their bad words are censored. If you have seen the guy named MultiHack he has **** in his lines every 3 seconds.

If we would like to keep censor I would like to make it more good. If admins are willing to work more and explain everyone who start trash talking all the time to others I don't mind. The only criteria is "Enjoyable Environment" is needed and not trash talking one.

lol multi hack really should just change to multi whine. Does nothing but most of the time. And i would like to keep the censor on. It makes for a much more plesent enviroment :D

as long as I can still whip people around I'm fine ... LOL

While it doesn't mean much, I personally like the way your censor is set up. It's made me rethink how our word censor is setup and start tweaking it. While this game is a FPS and it is a rated-R game, I get tired of people using foul language nonsensically in order to display their current state of mind. W{}R|)!

Like alot of people..you let the occasional sh*T, or "f*ck" out when your into the game, but when it crosses to the point where people are cussing at one another, then it's overkill and people leave. Save the drama fo yo momma :geek: