Little Help

St0rmSlaSh
Go to solution Solved by Pepperonipizza,

Hey guys. I have heard about this thing called game booster. It helps ping and fps, but I can't find the official website. When I think I do, it brings me to a different site. I was wondering if any of you guys knew the real link where I can get it. Thx!

Edited by St0rmSlaSh

• Leader

Searches find a lot of programs that call themselves "game boosters".

This looks like the screen style that I remember : http://downloads.tomsguide.com/Game-Booster,0301-25567.html

I can't give an opinion on it as I don't use them anymore.  

I would suggest that you collect a few more replies here before you try any program.

Watch out for "free" add-on programs and search-bars during any installation. :)

• Like 2

Well i tried it about 1 year ago ,but for me it didnt make a lot of difference. I didnt see faster gameplay more fps etc etc. I think the only thing that gamebooster does is

shutting down programs that run in the back ground on your pc. It gives you a little more ram. Especially if you have a pretty modern pc ,then i dont think youll see better performance or fps etc when youre playing a game.

I could be wrong but that was my experience when using gamebooster.

ExC

• Like 5

• Solution

Such a program is something I would advice not using. If you are having fps or lag issues then we can fix those here on the forum for you if you want. Tweaking your et settings will help you a lot more than any such program can probably do.

Besides, I think that in general it's a bad idea to install a program of which you don't really know what it does or how it works... This sounds like one of those kinds of programs that's likely to put a lot of crap- and malware on your machine.

• Like 4

Alright, I did download this cfg that was supposed to make ET "Lag Free" but it fixes fps but not ping >.<

<=== As i told ya ingame before (even yesterday!) Your ping seems nice. Doesn't f*cked up as some others (mine included >.< )

And yep we may help ya more than some creepy prgm. (unless it's something your ISP is responsible of).

• Like 1

<=== As i told ya ingame before (even yesterday!) Your ping seems nice. Doesn't f*cked up as some others (mine included >.< )

And yep we may help ya more than some creepy prgm. (unless it's something your ISP is responsible of).

Well, even if it is some creepy program, I have done a malware scan and it found nothing. My ping goes to 90, then goes to 300 for like 20 seconds and then to 150

I'm always at 200-300 ping. And I don't think that I make much difference between low ping users and me (a bit).

But using a gun like M97 sure sucks for me at this ping rate.

As for your last post, I don't think softwares make much difference, I've experienced. They are more like tricks, I think a sotware will make you a difference like from 10-20%, In actual.

Leatrix is the only program I ever used for this end. It helped me a lot in a previous game I played. I have always found this program to be safe and trouble-free. One of its pro's is that once you install it, you never have to look back at it - it's there, working in the background. It takes practically no resources or anything of the sort.