Jobba's First NEW RIG

Jobba

If you've seen my F|A Application, you'll see in my description that I said i'd build myself a RIG. That was about 3 years ago, and now I have finally gotten around to it!

It was a pain in the ass, but nonetheless I feel like I just had a child.

SPECS~

CPU: Intel i5-6600K 3.5GHZ-4.6GHZ

RAM: 8gbs Crucial 2400MHZ 

MOBO: Asus Z170A Overclocked

GPU: Asus GTX 970 4gb (or 3.5) STRIXX default overclocked 

HDD: 1TB 7200RPM Seagate

FANS: Corsair LEDs- 2 120mm in front, 1 120mm in back, 1 140mm on top

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hyper EVO (Might get the CPU water cooled soon)

PSu: EVGA Supernova G2 750w

Case: Corsair Carbide 300R

Monitor: AOC 1080P 23 IPS

Keyboard/Mouse - CMSTORM Backlit Keyboard and Mouse (This keyboard looks SICK)

Like every parent, I took pictures of my newborn 

post-700-0-02321700-1462338671_thumb.jpg

post-700-0-76477000-1462338683_thumb.jpg

post-700-0-10661000-1462338690_thumb.jpg

post-700-0-40003600-1462338696_thumb.jpg

post-700-0-35924100-1462338710_thumb.jpg

post-700-0-27448600-1462338716_thumb.jpg

post-700-0-94020600-1462338793_thumb.jpg

post-700-0-51927400-1462338802_thumb.jpg

post-700-0-65002000-1462338808_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• Leader

Congratulations!

What did you name it / her /him ?   :D

That was a quick answer!  :)  I didn't notice you "down there" on the bottom of the page.

Edited by RedBaird
Jobba so Quick! :)

Congratulations!

What did you name it / her /him ?   :D

I call it YoungPadawan

• Leader

Advice:  keep the packing materials for a while, just in case you have to return some part(s).  :D

• Like 1

Grats man. I had bad luck long time ago with CPU water coolers (like the all in one no maintenance, no plumbing).  Bought one for a phenom 955 BE 9-10 years ago, after 2 years it developed a leak and roasted my mobo.

If you want a nice cpu cooler that is quiet and very competitive, get a cooler from Noctua is my recommendation.

• Like 1

no SSD?

Nah, I never really saw a difference using an SSD. Opted for a 1tb 7200RPM because it was much cheaper

Advice:  keep the packing materials for a while, just in case you have to return some part(s).   :D

Good advice, hopefully I won't need to return anything. It's working whisper quiet and smooth 

Grats man. I had bad luck long time ago with CPU water coolers (like the all in one no maintenance, no plumbing).  Bought one for a phenom 955 BE 9-10 years ago, after 2 years it developed a leak and roasted my mobo.

If you want a nice cpu cooler that is quiet and very competitive, get a cooler from Noctua is my recommendation.

They have high ratings on Amazon, i'll check them out

Looks very nice!

I also see you have steam...feel free to add me :P

Heck yeah dude, whats your name?

Nice build, I have mine packed in bigger brother 500r. Just out of curiosity- that drive cage can´t be removed?

If you ever will change CPU cooler, best check silent PC vent\cooler\fan reviews, there are better performing fans out there(than Noctua).

FHD and Ultra settings isn´t a big problem now? Does that keyboard have NKRO(n-key rollover)?

• Like 1

Nice build, I have mine packed in bigger brother 500r. Just out of curiosity- that drive cage can´t be removed?

If you ever will change CPU cooler, best check silent PC vent\cooler\fan reviews, there are better performing fans out there(than Noctua).

FHD and Ultra settings isn´t a big problem now? Does that keyboard have NKRO(n-key rollover)?

I haven't really checked to see If i can remove the harddrive cage, but i'm convinced that it's soldered together with the cage.

And yeah, I've been thinking about water-cooling because i'm not a big "fan" of the cpu cooler I have now, although it does do the job.  :D

I've been putting it to the test, and so far can run every game i've played on the highest settings 1080P. When the newer Nvidias come out, i'll probably get a 980 ti and a 6700k.

The keyboard isn't advertised as having the anti-ghost feature, however it's not bad at all. Playing MMO's and pressing like 4 keys at once in relative distance doesn't seem to yield any issues on this keyboard. It feels great, types great, and the backlighting is like i've never seen before. It's literally like the keys are floating under a blue glow. B)